Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
The better question is if Ace even wants that. He's good enough to play D1 basketball so does he want to spend 4 years on the bench to spend 1 year with his brother?

He can transfer after 1 year and not sit. So he's not going to spend 4 years on the bench. The question would be if he wants to spend 1 year with his brother. I wouldn't have wanted that.

Reaction Score
Is Duke rolling out a natty on their first night? Who made Steve Gutenberg a star? We doooo

Reaction Score
Where are the visit photos? A little sus we haven’t seen them yet, but maybe also a good thing? I would’ve thought they’d be released today.

Reaction Score
He can transfer after 1 year and not sit. So he's not going to spend 4 years on the bench. The question would be if he wants to spend 1 year with his brother. I wouldn't have wanted that.
He's also still a 2025 Depends on what he wants, but they did go to Montverde together. Reclass, join in on the Cooper madness, then go from there.

Reaction Score
DID HE ENJOY THE VISIT? That’s what’s important

I gave a little write up on his visit in the first page. He enjoyed the visit and we made a good impression but Duke still leads. If he commits to Duke it’ll probably be in or before November. The longer this drags on the better chance we have, but it’s an uphill battle.

Reaction Score
Yeah I knew about the free transfer, but that just feels like a waste. I guess it's possible but until Ace and Cooper show any interest in that it just feels like message board fanfiction

Reaction Score
Don’t be so thirsty for info that you lap up any old thing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I gave a little write up on his visit in the first page. He enjoyed the visit and we made a good impression but Duke still leads. If he commits to Duke it’ll probably be in or before November. The longer this drags on the better chance we have, but it’s an uphill battle.
According to 247 insiders he may stretch it out to the late signing period.

“While Flagg is about to get a trio of official out of the way, there is no expectation that he'll be making any commitment in the near future. For now, all indications are that he will take his time to focus on his senior season, watch the programs he's considering and see if he needs to visit anywhere else before likely waiting until the spring to make his college decision.”

Reaction Score
What's going on with Ace? Haven't heard him mentioned We have spots, I'd take a chance on him, kid's a player. Don't think Dukies can pull that off.
I'm not sure if he reclassified. He might still be 2025.

Reaction Score
If I'm Cooper Flagg and my goal is to be a one and done positioned to become an NBA star as soon as possible, then I'd be basing my college decision on:

1. Fit within the offensive system of the team
2. Fit within the roster make up of the team, including who has guards that can get me the ball in the best position to score lots of points
3. Fit within the defensive structure of the team
4. Relationship with the coaches
5. Confidence that the staff will push me to be the best I can be at both ends of the floor with specific basketball teaching acumen
6. Confidence I will be pushed to increase my work ethic and daily habits
7. Ensure I get support from the entire AD to further my personal career management skills...

I left out NIL assuming it won't be a big driver because his first NBA contract will be astronomical and he should focus on basketball while in college rather than chasing marketing deals, but I could be wrong and perhaps he is already going to focus on this with an entourage around him in his last prep season. I hope he met up with MD and others on Saturday for this purpose either way. If NIL is a big deal to him, then Duke would be the best leverage of his final 3 schools.

I also left out where I'd feel the best in terms of feeling at home/the family feel because as a one and doner/expected top pick overall it is really just a 9 month stay.

Just my 2 cents at the end of a long day.
He starts, stars and is the center of the offense for where ever he chooses to go.
He is that good.

Reaction Score
He will be millionaire from endorsements before he plays a college game (if he isn't already) so school collective NIL might not matter too much but if he can squeeze and extra several hundred thousand out of it, why wouldn't he? He is different than anyone we have recruited in this era. Where does Nike want him to go to school? Edge could go to Duke there. The amount of attention Zion got in college was massive for his marketing.
Flagg won’t match Zion. Zion’s explosiveness’s size was just one of a kind .

Reaction Score
How would anyone know unless Cooper told someone that?

How would anyone know that his visit went well or how would anyone know that Duke still leads? Duke has always led. It’s completely normal for a top recruit to have a favorite from the beginning.

Reaction Score
How would anyone know that his visit went well or how would anyone know that Duke still leads? Duke has always led. It’s completely normal for a top recruit to have a favorite from the beginning.
Both together. The assumption was always that Duke leads but how would anyone know that the visit went well but Duke still leads? Did he leave campus and tell the UConn coaches, "Thanks for everything. That was a good visit but Duke is still my favorite. You didn't do enough to change my mind."?

Reaction Score
The mom played at Duke so there’s that
She played at Maine with Clingan's mother. Their coach at Maine later was the coach at Duke.

Sophomore big man Donovan Clingan is hosting Cooper Flagg during his official visit to UConn this weekend and the two stars share a family connection as well.

Their mothers played together in the 1990s on the Maine women’s basketball team under coach Joanne P. McCallie, who led the program to six straight NCAA Tournament appearances from 1995-2000. McCallie later coached at Duke from 2007-20.

Reaction Score
Both together. The assumption was always that Duke leads but how would anyone know that the visit went well but Duke still leads? Did he leave campus and tell the UConn coaches, "Thanks for everything. That was a good visit but Duke is still my favorite. You didn't do enough to change my mind."?
I feel like it's not that crazy of a statement. Coaches usually have a pretty good idea of how a visit went once it ends, even if the kid doesn't just outright say who their favorite coach or school is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom