Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cumberland County Civic Center it was called. Spent my 18th Birthday there on April fools 1985 seeing the Grateful Dead. After the show Brent Mydland ( the Deads keyboard player ) spent the night with me and my friends hotel room doing unmentionable things off a mirror. Next morning after 90 minutes of sleep I rode the elevator down, by happenstance with Bob Weir and got invited to, and then proceeded to have, breakfast with him and a bunch of girls younger than me. Im sure someone here has a better 18th bday story, but I'll take mine. Anyway. I like Maine. I like Cooper. The vibes are good.
Now those are epic memories. Good vibes indeed.

I got a kick out of it being built for $8m. They say $32M in 2022 dollars. We can't seem to come close to fixing the Civic Center with an additional $180m.

Reaction Score
So you get disappointed once in awhile? So what? Better than living in a permanent defensive crouch.
Yeah, I live in a permanent defensive crouch says the message board guy who never met me. Im just talking about this one scenario with this particular recruit, not everything in life so save your snide comment of judgement for someone else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maine does border Canada. Perhaps Cuse will come over the border to play us in Maine.
Its possible now that AA is coach. Boeheim ducked everyone except upstate NY teams and still lost to them in buy games

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah, I live in a permanent defensive crouch says the message board guy who never met me. Im just talking about this one scenario with this particular recruit, not everything in life so save your snide comment of judgement for someone else.
I guess I should have said "one" instead of "you" since I was playing off your comment and not casting aspersions. Still not worth going full snowflake, imo.

Reaction Score
It’s something that the consensus #1 recruit in the country has UConn in his top 2 and won’t even visit Kansas. And some folks would defend Betsey choosing Alabama over UConn lmao. Wild stuff.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen where the Maine Celtics play? It's a joke.
It's fine. I caught a Red Claws game a few years ago. Reminded me of the Connecticut Pride when they played at the Armory. And the I imagine the Arena is pretty nice as well since they rebuilt it just a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score
I guess I should have said "one" instead of "you" since I was playing off your comment and not casting aspersions. Still not worth going full snowflake, imo.

You were the one who had the coniption of a reaction to my post first that wasn't even directed at you so if Im a snowflake then so are you ace.

Reaction Score
Does Portland even have an arena? I found it. Not impressive. Better than Orono I suppose, but not much.
UMaine plays at Cross Insurance Center in Bangor which is much closer to Cooper’s hometown. Good size arena that holds around 8,000.

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
I’m probably the only here who doesn’t know this, but if he wants to play college ball somewhere near home, why is he playing HS bball at Montverde Academy in Florida?

Reaction Score
sure schedule a "game" in maine for next season and if flagg goes to duke then cancel it. if he commits it'll be worth it but no freaking way we're playing a cupcake in maine if he's in durham.

Reaction Score
I’m probably the only here who doesn’t know this, but if he wants to play college ball somewhere near home, why is he playing HS bball at Montverde Academy in Florida?

His family doesn't live in New England any more and he's going anywhere in the country after the draft anyways. I don't think anyone considers location much of a factor here.

Reaction Score
Because playing college basketball close to home isn't really a factor here, as much as us UConn fans might want it to be

BullDawg

UGA Alum, U of South Florida Professor Emeritus
Reaction Score
His family doesn't live in New England any more and he's going anywhere in the country after the draft anyways. I don't think anyone considers location much of a factor here.
Thanks. I have read several posts here about the importance of proximity to Maine.

Reaction Score
But he wasnt either one (I thought he deserved it too) and no you didnt read the rest of my post did you? Or just choose to ignore it?
I read your post and I don't know why you're taking this personally. You said we didn't have anyone near the title of best player in America last year. I was pointing out that in my opinion we did, as one easily could have made the case that he was in fact one of the best college player in America last year. Just without the over the top publicity. That's all.

But if your point is we won without great talent -- absolutely true if it's NBA talent, not so if it's college talent. As far as publicity, good PR never made a single basketball player better. Just richer.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
I love how this becomes a Maine travelogue. I would have bet around page 25 but I can see this board has hit the gym hard this off-season. Page 13.

Reaction Score
He liked UCONN enough after the visit to drop Kansas and that tells us that he didn’t think they could be better for him than we could irrespective of Duke. That connection of his mom to Stacy and Cooper to Donovan now friends might be a big deal, especially that whole business of the photo of them wearing their numbers. Never heard of anything like that before with a recruit. Whoever thought of that…genius.

Reaction Score
Play in Maine and then see if the game is held on campus or in Portland.

Just so half the BY can lose their mind over the game's location.
Maine plays its games off campus in Bangor at the Cross Center. Btw. Nobody complains because nobody cares. Once bought a courtside ticket up there for Maine New Hampshire 5 minutes before tip. Cost me 20 beans

Reaction Score
It’s something that the consensus #1 recruit in the country has UConn in his top 2 and won’t even visit Kansas. And some folks would defend Betsey choosing Alabama over UConn lmao. Wild stuff.
I don't understand what you mean by "defend" Betsey choosing, say, Alabama. What in the world is there to defend? Any high school senior is able to go to whatever college wants him. You think we, or any other fans, have a say?

Reaction Score
I don't understand what you mean by "defend" Betsey choosing, say, Alabama. What in the world is there to defend? Any high school senior is able to go to whatever college wants him. You think we, or any other fans, have a say?
Uhhh…Yes?

Reaction Score
Almost like 17-18 year old kids have free will and different priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr