Cooper Flagg Thread V3 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg Thread V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Almost like 17-18 year old kids have free will and different priorities
Of course they do nobody says they don’t. I’m just disappointed in UConn fans that think we don’t have as much to offer as say Alabama. You’d figure the boneyard would be the one definitive place where fans would tout this program and not kowtow to NIL. Which Bill Clingan says would be a mistake to do. It’s some fans I’m most disappointed in not Betsey.

Reaction Score
I don't understand what you mean by "defend" Betsey choosing, say, Alabama. What in the world is there to defend? Any high school senior is able to go to whatever college wants him. You think we, or any other fans, have a say?
You missed the point. He can of course choose where he wants to go. UConn fans thinking we don’t have as much to offer as Alabama is…disappointing. I’m not mad at those fans. Just disappointed.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
He liked UCONN enough after the visit to drop Kansas and that tells us that he didn’t think they could be better for him than we could irrespective of Duke. That connection of his mom to Stacy and Cooper to Donovan now friends might be a big deal, especially that whole business of the photo of them wearing their numbers. Never heard of anything like that before with a recruit. Whoever thought of that…genius.
It was Murray’s idea

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maine plays its games off campus in Bangor at the Cross Center. Btw. Nobody complains because nobody cares. Once bought a courtside ticket up there for Maine New Hampshire 5 minutes before tip. Cost me 20 beans

How many blueberries is 20 beans?

Reaction Score
You missed the point. He can of course choose where he wants to go. UConn fans thinking we don’t have as much to offer as Alabama is…disappointing. I’m not mad at those fans. Just disappointed.

This is cool and everything but I don't think anyone is saying that. You just think that because a kid is local there is no reason he would want to go elsewhere.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
His decision has nothing to do with what we do/don’t offer.

Reaction Score
Of course they do nobody says they don’t. I’m just disappointed in UConn fans that think we don’t have as much to offer as say Alabama. You’d figure the boneyard would be the one definitive place where fans would tout this program and not kowtow to NIL. Which Bill Clingan says would be a mistake to do. It’s some fans I’m most disappointed in not Betsey.
Nobody is saying that UConn doesn't have as much to offer as Alabama, that would be dumb. It's just living in a fantasy land to think that every single recruit is going to fall in love with UConn and come here. But honestly I've seen enough of your posts to know that you being disappointed in me should make me feel very good about myself

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
Duke was his dream school when Coach K was there. Who would you rather play for Jon Scheyer who has done nothing or Dan Hurley who has a national championship on his resume? Nobody mentions Coach K isn't there anymore. I think we have a chance.
Right. Its not a stretch for him and his family to also believe Hurley is a better coach. Which often times is the number one consideration. What has Jon Scheyer done?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If true, Hurley taking a page out of Geno's recruiting playbook. Geno is known to have done this for top recruits for several years now. It could make a difference to a recruit like Cooper.
Bowdoin is a trap game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr