Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So anyway, has a firm date been set for Flagg's visit as implied by the thread title?
If it has, it hasn’t been made public. Someone posted 9/23(?) the week we play Duke at the Rent

Reaction Score
Never been to Joplin, Missouri I guess? It's one giant, super-flat truckstop with every possible fast food restaurant and hotel/motel chain as far as the eye can see. Oh, and it's in tornado alley.
Apt. Love their fried food, they do. Chose to spend my weekends in NW Arkansas when I worked in town for a tech transfer situation.

Reaction Score
I thought with some guys, we were the first OV, and they were so impressed that they canceled their remaining visits?
yup which is why I wish Cooper first visited UConn. I think the staff could close him. Sometimes the recruit goes to Duke or any other school and then cancel the rest of their trips because they were sold on that particular school.

Reaction Score
Louisville is one of the worst cities I have ever visited. Up there with Des Moines and Reno.

Anyways back to the topic at hand...
Definitely agree about Reno!

I went once with my wife, who had some training there. So I’m looking how to kill time on my own, and I see the hotel offers a complimentary hop-on/hop-off shuttle bus. So I board when it stops at the hotel, remain on the bus at the first stop, the second stop, the third stop, and…before I know it, I’m back at the hotel, without ever finding anything worth leaving the bus to check out. (No disrespect to the Bowling Hall of Fame]

Reaction Score
I guess everyone can have their own opinion (and we seem to have lots of them here about every subject!) but here's my reasoning. Mention the city of Louisville to anyone. What would they say about it? I would think the University of Louisville is not near the top of the list of things it's associated with. Say Ann Arbor and what would someone say about it? First thing would be the University of Michigan. Lawrence, Kansas? University of Kansas. Tuscaloosa? University of Alabama. Chapel Hill? University of North Carolina. That to me is a college town. Those places don't really exist as they are without the university.

Louisville still exists as a medium sized city without the University of Louisville. The school just happens to be in that city because it's a good sized metropolitan area. Just like Vanderbilt is in Nashville but Nashville would still exist as it is without Vanderbilt. Memphis still exists as a medium sized city without the University of Memphis. Louisville and Memphis metro areas are about the same size and I wouldn't say Memphis is a college town either. There are a lot of examples like this.
When I think of the city of Louisville, the first thing that comes to mind is the Kentucky Derby. Then I think of the great writer Hunter Thompson.

UofL is way down the list, behind bourbon and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Reaction Score
The way I see it is Flagg will jump to NBA after one year. I would also guess that were he to come to UConn that he'd love to have his folks and friends come down to see games. Were he to stick around for 2-4 years, that's a different story. They don't give diplomas after one year at Duke and I think this player would absolutely love to be on a national champion team for his one year of college play. I'm sure he could justify such a decision and as a result, I BELIEVE he really has no other choice than Danny and the boys. Great coaching, best ice cream on the college scene, scenic Horsebarn Hill, and with a little luck, he can get to meet Wayne Norman. Come to UConn, it's the right thing to do.......
You make a lot of sense. OK Done.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Yeah, I mean I dont think Louisville is world class or anything, but Ive had a good time there a couple times including having the top 3 Mexican meal I ever ate. It's not horrible, Im not looking to move there but there is some cool stuff on the river and elsewhere. It aint Gary Indiana.
It wasn't far from Churchill downs
I might've gone to the same restaurant.
taco bell tacos GIF

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hope nobody starts a 3rd thread about Cooper Flagg.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
but how would the rest of us know where not to
I don’t need a Cooper Flagg thread for that. One of my sons lives very close to Syracuse. One thing about Syracusans , they have some decent restaurants and people know how to party to keep themselves too drunk to remember where they live. For the record, and to stay on topic for this thread, the first thing i think about when i hear the wird “Louisville”. is my little wooden Little League bat. Yes, we used wood.

Reaction Score
How much does the Flaggs' reported move to FL to be close to Cooper while he's in HS there mitigate/eliminate our "close to home" advantage? Despite the move, I'm sure the Flaggs still will have connections to Maine. But, if they're taking up residence in FL, is that just a one year thing?

I know I'm hitting a sweet spot for the board as my questions call for all kinds of wild speculation.

Reaction Score
The city of Louisville and Syracuse as a topic of conversation. It's that time of year. I think I'm going to go on vacation and come back with like 4 weeks left before season starts.

Reaction Score
How much does the Flaggs' reported move to FL to be close to Cooper while he's in HS there mitigate/eliminate our "close to home" advantage? Despite the move, I'm sure the Flaggs still will have connections to Maine. But, if they're taking up residence in FL, is that just a one year thing?

I know I'm hitting a sweet spot for the board as my questions call for all kinds of wild speculation.
I don’t know, but anything to get this discussion back to Cooper Flagg. Two threads on an arguably generational talent that we have a legitimate chance to land that have been utterly brutalized.

Reaction Score
CF didn't add UConn to the list for no reason. There would be a lot of benefits to becoming a Husky -- proximity to home and friends, a chance to play with more experienced players rather than a team of one-and-done, which equals a better chance to win an NC.

Reaction Score
CF didn't add UConn to the list for no reason. There would be a lot of benefits to becoming a Husky -- proximity to home and friends, a chance to play with more experienced players rather than a team of one-and-done, which equals a better chance to win an NC.
I don’t think it’s premature to think that jury is still out on Sheyer and what Duke will become with him at the helm. Everybody know what UConn is now and who Dan Hurley is. Other than big fat bag and NIL deal, I’m not sure that Duke is a better option for a top recruit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom