Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"While Duke and Kansas are powerhouses that regularly land the sport's top players, UConn is an interesting addition to Flagg's list given their lack of recent pull on the recruiting circuit. Stephon Castle, a 5-star guard in the 2023 class, is the first top-10 prospect the Huskies have landed in the history of 247Sports' rankings."

Top 5 class and a top 10 recruit in the most recent recruiting class shows a "lack of recent pull on the recruiting circuit"?

5 titles in 24 years, put some respect on our name.

&*#% you Tyler.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1692821398401.png

IMG_9940.jpeg

"I guess we will just have to see what happens."​

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I mean, he’s right. We don’t normally compete for players of this caliber.

Reaction Score
I mean, he’s right. We don’t normally compete for players of this caliber.
His reasoning is moronic.

We just landed a top 10 recruit and top 5 class. Our recruiting, by most reasonable measures, has vastly improved in the last few years.

Oh, and we just won our 5th national championship. Can't imagine why that would garner interest from top recruits. We've competed for and landed top 10 recruits.

Other than that, he's nailed it.

Reaction Score
The way I see it is Flagg will jump to NBA after one year. I would also guess that were he to come to UConn that he'd love to have his folks and friends come down to see games. Were he to stick around for 2-4 years, that's a different story. They don't give diplomas after one year at Duke and I think this player would absolutely love to be on a national champion team for his one year of college play. I'm sure he could justify such a decision and as a result, I BELIEVE he really has no other choice than Danny and the boys. Great coaching, best ice cream on the college scene, scenic Horsebarn Hill, and with a little luck, he can get to meet Wayne Norman. Come to UConn, it's the right thing to do.......

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wasn't Drummond still a top 5 recruit even after he reclassed?
I think when Drummond came out it was still scout.com. So technically, they’re right. Just a really weird way to frame it still knowing how it sounds.

Reaction Score
"While Duke and Kansas are powerhouses that regularly land the sport's top players, UConn is an interesting addition to Flagg's list given their lack of recent pull on the recruiting circuit. Stephon Castle, a 5-star guard in the 2023 class, is the first top-10 prospect the Huskies have landed in the history of 247Sports' rankings."

Top 5 class and a top 10 recruit in the most recent recruiting class shows a "lack of recent pull on the recruiting circuit"?

&*#% you Tyler.
Who cares? That's like saying UConn has only won 3 championships since the fall of Lehman Brothers. History doesn't start with the birth of 24/7 Sports. Donyell, KEA, Caron, Charlie and Rudy were all Top 10 in some whay/shape/form.

Reaction Score
247Sports.com started rankings in 2011. So Drummond would qualify, although when he reclassed to 2011 I'm not sure what they did with him. They have him in 2012 with no ranking at all.
Andre was the #1 recruit for 2012 for several years. He only reclassified in late August 2011 and 247/Scout had already finalized their 2011 class rankings by then. They weren't going to rerank everyone at that point. I don't blame them but he's definitely our top recruit ever in my opinion coming in and we've had some pretty good recruits before him. I blame Chief for the reclass ;-) (joke)

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

&*#% you Tyler.

It’s a weird potshot. As if we don’t have a long history of pulling in top recruits (ask KU about Charlie V and Deandre) and aren’t the defending champs.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Andre was the #1 recruit for 2012 for several years. He only reclassified in late August 2011 and 247/Scout had already finalized their 2011 class rankings by then. They weren't going to rerank everyone at that point. I don't blame them but he's definitely our top recruit ever in my opinion coming in and we've had some pretty good recruits before him. I blame Chief for the reclass ;-) (joke)
In actuality we have Kris Dunn to thank for the reclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom