Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cooper Flagg sets official UConn Visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is true. And I hope that it stays that way. I don't want to see one and done come to our program. That is not how this program was built. And not how we have become the most prolific program of the last 25 years.
Saved By The Bell 90S GIF

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I created my own recruiting blog.

Here’s my piece on Flagg:

“Since the creation of UConnTrumbull Recruiting dot com Duke has received no 5 star recruits or any recruits for that matter.”

Even worse, neither UConn, Duke or Kansas have won a single official game, combined!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
This is true. And I hope that it stays that way. I don't want to see one and done come to our program. That is not how this program was built. And not how we have become the most prolific program of the last 25 years.

The program's success has been due in large part to the roster being a mix of experienced upperclassmen and uber-talented underclassmen. It doesn't make a lick of difference whether the latter are 1-and-done or 2-and-done.

Coaching + talent = success. Gonna trust this coaching staff on both parts.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we’re the last of his 3 visits because our staff knows how to show off our program when we get guys on campus. Our closing rate when we hone in on targets the last couple years is very high. I don’t think Kansas is really in play here to be honest. At least from what I’ve heard it’s Duke 1A and UConn 1B, but I don’t think we’re as far out of this as many think.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping we’re the last of his 3 visits because our staff knows how to show off our program when we get guys on campus. Our closing rate when we hone in on targets the last couple years is very high. I don’t think Kansas is really in play here to be honest. At least from what I’ve heard it’s Duke 1A and UConn 1B, but I don’t think we’re as far out of this as many think.
I thought with some guys, we were the first OV, and they were so impressed that they canceled their remaining visits?

Reaction Score
The recent Bidunga recruitment (and even Timberlake to an extent) is an illustrative example of not to count out Kansas, even when they're not mentioned as the top choice at the moment.

They're not dropping bags, they're dropping cargo these days. Plus they have the best coach in the sport and the best home court atmosphere.

Reaction Score
The recent Bidunga recruitment (and even Timberlake to an extent) is an illustrative example of not to count out Kansas, even when they're not mentioned as the top choice at the moment.

They're not dropping bags, they're dropping cargo these days. Plus they have the best coach in the sport and the best home court atmosphere.
$4 million for Hunter Dickinson is hilarious if true.

Reaction Score

What now??

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good grief. We've got one right now most likely.

Duke didn't have a one and done until Corey Maggette. K hated the idea of it. But the sport changed. It isn't the schools choosing one and done guys, it's the players having the ability to leave and choosing to do so.

I do think those players shouldn't make up much of your roster. It's hard to win with that many freshmen and that little continuity. There's no real risk of that at UConn. Cooper Flagg is more than welcome to become a Husky.

Reaction Score

If its just a year, I like our chances as much as Duke. Also Hurley is a proven National Title winner, Scheyer hasnt done squat

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I know my take will be discredited, but they also have an astonishing dorm for those guys and there is no place they can go where they will be more revered on campus and in the town. For a HS kid, some of that carries weight. They can make a pretty good pitch, aside from any money.

Reaction Score
I know my take will be discredited, but they also have an astonishing dorm for those guys and there is no place they can go where they will be more revered on campus and in the town. For a HS kid, some of that carries weight. They can make a pretty good pitch, aside from any money.

If decisions were made on facilities, I think Kansas takes it

Reaction Score
But that's not what he said.
looks like 247 site is broken and all recruits before 2010 have N/A for rankings. UConn. Has had several top 10. Also 247 only goes back last 25 years or something . Pretty shoddy journalism by the author of that article . If he were to say Castle is only top 10 in last 15 years, that would have been accurate.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If decisions were made on facilities, I think Kansas takes it
Werth is awesome. Might be better than what KU has, I don't know (they are renovating AFH right now). But the video was the dorm. Due to NCAA rules, the athletes can't have a unique dorm. So half the kids who live in that one are lucky ordinary undergrads.

Reaction Score
Werth is awesome. Might be better than what KU has, I don't know (they are renovating AFH right now). But the video was the dorm. Due to NCAA rules, the athletes can't have a unique dorm. So half the kids who live in that one are lucky ordinary undergrads.
And the lucky non-basketball students in the basketball dorm at Louisville get free strip shows and hookers.

Reaction Score
What now??
Pretty simple. Since arriving at Kansas (starting in '03-'04), among active coaches from major conferences Self has:
  • The most NCAA titles (tied with Pitino if you count the vacated title)
  • The most conference regular season titles.
  • The most conference tournament titles.
  • The most top 2 NCAA seeds
  • 3rd most Final Fours (behind Izzo and Calipari by 1)
  • 2nd most Sweet 16s (behind Calipari by 1)
He has 26 conference tournament and regular season titles in 20 years at Kansas. Read that again. In that span, UConn as a university between our 3 coaches have 5.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
. Plus they have the best coach in the sport

LOL Bill Self isnt the best coach in the sport. Dude has got 2 titles in the top 2 cheatingest programs in the country over 20 years. With violation after violation. The best you can say for Self is he is one ahead of Calipari. That's HIS company. Not best coach in the country.

Bill Self is only running for the "coach of the best players in country who does less with more". Again, his only rival is Squid.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Yet you somehow cant win titles.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
LOL Bill Self isnt the best coach in the sport. Dude has got 2 titles in the top 2 cheatingest programs in the country over 20 years. With violation after violation. The best you can say for Self is he is one ahead of Calipari. That's HIS company. Not best coach in the country.

Bill Self is only running for the "coach of the best players in country who does less with more". Again, his only rival is Squid.
Who’s in the running for best coach then?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yet you somehow cant win titles.
Me? No, I certainly cannot, except fantasy football. I won my league last year. Kansas did win one two years ago.

Your take on Self is silly though. He hasn't had recruiting classes even close to what Duke or UK bring in, or even UNC. Jalen Wilson was a 4 star Junior. Agbaji was a 3 star who became NPOY. Christian Braun was a local 3 star now with the Nuggets. Devonte Graham, Frank Mason, none of those guys were top recruits. The 2021-22 championship team had no 5 stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom