Conference Realignment | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Men's basketball had become a non-revenue sport last couple of years and a puppet clown show, actually a revenue draining sport with FHCKO's $14,000,000 salary, empty seats, and BE money ending. I would put every cent into the football program, f *****k basketball.

I feel your pain. Get yourself a bottle (1.75l should do) of your favorite distilled beverage drink it all and reminisce about the days of HCJC. At least you'll feel good until you wake up the next day to reality and a hangover.

Reaction Score
My prediction: Power 5 assembles their own Super Division thanks for corrupt TV deal revenues.

Mass exodus of schools dropping football in G5.UConn drops football within 10 years.

Joins another conference - possibly Big East.

Or in the unlikely scenario we return to prestige in football (top 50 level) we get accepted into ACC with ND or B10 if we get AAU status . Very unlikely but I can dream best possible case scenario.
With dumpster fire that men's basketball has become, that program is at least 5 years maybe 6 away from regaining it's luster after dumping Ollie. Edsall will have the football program in post season bowls well before then. He's already getting the types of players the program needs to compete and gain revenue. Hopefully UConn football will be respectable in two or three years.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Men's basketball had become a non-revenue sport last couple of years and a puppet clown show, actually a revenue draining sport with FHCKO's $14,000,000 salary, empty seats, and BE money ending. I would put every cent into the football program, f *****k basketball.

You can rebuild a basketball program in 1 class.

As bad as basketball is, and they are bad, UConn Football has damn near been the worst FBS team that past few seasons in a sport that is way harder to rebuild in.

Reaction Score
You can rebuild a basketball program in 1 class.
Yeah that's what everyone claimed two years ago with UCONN's great top 5 ranked recruiting class. Only thing everyone forgot was you need a coach who knows how to do the rebuilding.

Reaction Score
i would love nothing more than to leave the aac but is there actually any chance of that happening, let alone happening rather soon?

No and the fact that some people would consider a move backwards a year before serious AAC TV negotiations is mind boggling!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count them out yet in men's hoops, they're still dangerous in football (Oregon, Washington, USC, Stanford, among others) and have had a resurgence of a sort in women's hoops.

Really? They don't have a UConn in women's hoops....They don't have a UCF (National Champions) in football...AAC Power 5 all the way.

Reaction Score
Really? They don't have a UConn in women's hoops....They don't have a UCF (National Champions) in football...AAC Power 5 all the way.
You put this Falls UCF up against Stanford, USC, Washington, and Arizona and with luck maybe they go 1-3. Women's hoops in the power 5 conferences is a joke. Didn't the PAC 12 send 2 or 3 teams to the FF or F8 in men's hoops just a couple years ago?

Reaction Score
You put this Falls UCF up against Stanford, USC, Washington, and Arizona and with luck maybe they go 1-3. Women's hoops in the power 5 conferences is a joke. Didn't the PAC 12 send 2 or 3 teams to the FF or F8 in men's hoops just a couple years ago?

UCF 1-3 ? You must work for the Cartel
Don't know how you can make that assumption. UCF beat Auburn who in turn beat Alabama and Georgia. UCF beat Maryland 38 to 10. Maryland beat Texas 51-41. USC beat TX 27-24. USC beat Stanford 32-28. Washington beat Stanford 30-22. Washington beat Ruddy by only 30-14. Memphis beat UCLA 48-45. UCF beat Memphis 62-55.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCF 1-3 ? You must work for the Cartel
Don't know how you can make that assumption. UCF beat Auburn who in turn beat Alabama and Georgia. UCF beat Maryland 38 to 10. Maryland beat Texas 51-41. USC beat TX 27-24. USC beat Stanford 32-28. Washington beat Stanford 30-22. Washington beat Ruddy by only 30-14. Memphis beat UCLA 48-45. UCF beat Memphis 62-55.
UCF this Fall will not be the same team, it was when it CLAIMED a national title. 1-3 if they're lucky to win one against Stanford, Washington, USC, and Arizona next Fall. My point is the PAC 12 is still a very strong conference period. One off year in men's basketball is not a reason to not call it a Power 5 conference anymore.

Reaction Score
UCF this Fall will not be the same team, it was when it CLAIMED a national title. 1-3 if they're lucky to win one against Stanford, Washington, USC, and Arizona next Fall. My point is the PAC 12 is still a very strong conference period. One off year in men's basketball is not a reason to not call it a Power 5 conference anymore.

First we were referring to basketball and the PAC 12's abysmal TV ratings in the Conference Championship as well as them being knocked out of the NCAA's.
2nd no one is saying the AAC is better than the PAC 12 in football. However AAC football has achieved great success against the autonomy group.

Reaction Score
However AAC football has achieved great success against the autonomy group.

Records...2014-2017...against P5 Conferences

Cincinnati........2-4

Central Fla........2-7

Connecticut......1-6

East Carolina.....4-7

South Fla............5-6

Temple...............2-3

Houston.............7-1

Memphis...........4-5

Navy...................2-2 (and 1-3 vs Notre Dame)

SMU...................0-8

Tulane................0-7

Tulsa..................0-5

Houston really stands out

Reaction Score
Records...2014-2017...against P5 Conferences

Cincinnati...2-4

Central Fla...2-7

Connecticut.1-6

East Carolina.....4-7

South Fla..5-6

Temple.....2-3

Houston...7-1

Memphis......4-5

Navy....2-2 (and 1-3 vs Notre Dame)

SMU....0-8

Tulane......0-7

Tulsa...0-5

Houston really stands out

AAC Upper tier teams in recent years, Houston, UCF, USF, Temple, Memphis, Navy and up until the last couple years ECU has been competitive with the P5.

Last edited:

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Wrong. Teams will have up and down cycles. Power Conferences do not. An entire conference going down the tubes mean the conference does not have power. #AACPower5 #DoYouEvenSquatBro?

Reaction Score
Wrong. Teams will have up and down cycles. Power Conferences do not. An entire conference going down the tubes mean the conference does not have power. #AACPower5 #DoYouEvenSquatBro?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need the AAC to be viable. Aside from Women's Bball, of late UCONN has been a letdown and a drag on the conference.
Well other than hockey
and baseball,
and field hockey (I'm not saying this is best way to end this post, but it has to be in here)...

Reaction Score
Well other than hockey
and baseball,
and field hockey (I'm not saying this is best way to end this post, but it has to be in here)...

Wasn't referring to Hockey East, Olympic sports, golf, the band or cheer leading. As far as the money sports go, UCONN,
has been underwhelming and quite disappointing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom