Conference Realignment | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

Reaction Score
i would love nothing more than to leave the aac but is there actually any chance of that happening, let alone happening rather soon?

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I have to think a few schools are ahead of us at the moment. Maybe if we could get basketball turned around and finish .500 in football.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Interesting question. You can find a detailed answer here.

(Shut up @August_West)

This is me reading a CR thread...............
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You wanna have a theoretical, hypothetical, conversation that’s not going to mean anything? Sure, we can have that.. I think it’s ridiculous...

Here is my Northeast footprint CR league..

UConn
UMass
Army
Nova (graduates to FBS)
Buffalo (leaves Mac)
Delaware (graduates to FBS.. cool helmet)
ODU (CUSA goes back to 12)
Ohio (leaves Mac)
Maine (graduates to FBS)
Marshall (CUSA goes back to 12)
Georgetown (graduates to FBS)
James Madison

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
My prediction: UConn is eventually going to run out of money and won't be able to further justify the massive subsidy to fund the non-revenue sports and football. After dropping these programs, they'll have to beg the Big East for an invite.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
My prediction: UConn is eventually going to run out of money and won't be able to further justify the massive subsidy to fund the non-revenue sports and football. After dropping these programs, they'll have to beg the Big East for an invite.
We'll know one way or another in 4 years, five at the most. I don't think it will end well for us. If we are locked out for sure cuts will come and people will pine away for the AAC days (when the school subsizided a P5 budget.) I'm not optimistic.

August_West

Reaction Score
We'll know one way or another in 4 years, five at the most. I don't think it will end well for us. If we are locked out for sure cuts will come and people will pine away for the AAC days (when the school subsizided a P5 budget.) I'm not optimistic.

7 years.

There is no doubt you monkeys will keep your dream alive until GOR'S are up

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I've also wondered if basketball does improve, but we have to drop football, why nobody talks about us making a play for the ACC.

Going forward, I would much rather be in the ACC as the 16th hoops team, than the 11th team in the Big East.

August_West

Reaction Score
nope

Let me spell it out for you. The warden on the left is a P5 conference . The Dude with the Pie IS NOT UConn, but is any handful of schools that WILL be picked over us if a spot even opens.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
i would love nothing more than to leave the aac but is there actually any chance of that happening, let alone happening rather soon?
I don't know whether to say, "Welcome, alien" or, "Welcome, earthling."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom