Conference Realignment | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How did we get the highly rated guys that have signed with us these past few years then?
Difficult =/= impossible.
(Also, how you define "top rated" affects the response to this question.)

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UCF was right at the doorstep for a playoff berth this past season.

You mean UCF was standing outside of the house they were never, ever, ever getting in and screaming at it?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Let me spell it out for you. The warden on the left is a P5 conference . The Dude with the Pie IS NOT UConn, but is any handful of schools that WILL be picked over us if a spot even opens.

"Warden Norton" bears an uncanny resemblance to John Swofford.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
So, in general, I've still got a few more years here to complain that "judgment" isn't properly spelled with an "e?"

'Judgment' is correctly spelled with or without the 'e'.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
'Judgment' is correctly spelled with or without the 'e'.
Kinda. Not so much in US English language, but the "e" may come to be more fully accepted due to prevalent use before UConn's conference fate gets fully settled.

Reaction Score
This settles it IMO; can't mess with Arnie.

terminator-2-judgement-day-1992.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
They're announcing their first CFB title game

Reaction Score
You wanna have a theoretical, hypothetical, conversation that’s not going to mean anything? Sure, we can have that.. I think it’s ridiculous...

Here is my Northeast footprint CR league..

UConn
UMass
Army
Nova (graduates to FBS)
Buffalo (leaves Mac)
Delaware (graduates to FBS.. cool helmet)
ODU (CUSA goes back to 12)
Ohio (leaves Mac)
Maine (graduates to FBS)
Marshall (CUSA goes back to 12)
Georgetown (graduates to FBS)
James Madison
Must keep Navy, Cinci, and Temple. I've also accepted that UConn has been totally screwed by all of this. Its academics continue to improve and the northeast is just not the place for big time college football. Those two factors mean playing in a more regional conference and against programs near ivy league in academics. The NCAA is a joke so forget about all that football money. Invite UMass and Army and see what happens from there.

Reaction Score
Where are the posters who said the ACC and BIG are going to be fighting over us?

Reaction Score
"A person with knowledge of the deal says the Sun Belt Conference has signed a new eight-year contract with ESPN that gives the network exclusive rights to all of the league's sports.

The person says Sun Belt sports will become a key part of ESPN Plus, the network's new streaming service set to debut in late March or April. The Sun Belt has 10 members that play major college football and two more that compete in other sports."

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Scary accurate.
Note that it is 2018 when the husky starts loses all contact with the stairs.

A sign?

Reaction Score
My prediction: UConn is eventually going to run out of money and won't be able to further justify the massive subsidy to fund the non-revenue sports and football. After dropping these programs, they'll have to beg the Big East for an invite.
Men's basketball had become a non-revenue sport last couple of years and a puppet clown show, actually a revenue draining sport with FHCKO's $14,000,000 salary, empty seats, NCAA investigations, and BE money ending. I would put every cent into the football program, f *****k basketball.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom