Conference Realignment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Conference Realignment

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not sure we can really opine on conference realignment without the thoughts of some loser in his moms West Virginia basement, or the infamous BTM.

I do wonder how our friend at the Car Wash has been.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I find your apparent glee at our circumstances disappointing August. Very disappointing indeed.
15-times-you-disappointed-your-dog-so-bad-they-gave-you-the-look.jpg

By the way it's not Glee.

You ever see the movie Armageddon?

Think of me as the Steve Buscemi character on the asteroid after everything has gone to . And he has a mental break.

" It's time to embrace the horror, people"

" We have a front row seat to the end of the world"

That's where I'm at now.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression

Acceptance

^^^^ me

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My prediction: Power 5 assembles their own Super Division thanks for corrupt TV deal revenues.

Mass exodus of schools dropping football in G5.UConn drops football within 10 years.

Joins another conference - possibly Big East.

Or in the unlikely scenario we return to prestige in football (top 50 level) we get accepted into ACC with ND or B10 if we get AAU status . Very unlikely but I can dream best possible case scenario.

Reaction Score
That does sum things up rather accurately.... just need a giant black hole to open up at 2025

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Think of me as the Steve Buscemi character on the asteroid after everything has gone to . And he has a mental break.

" It's time to embrace the horror people"

That's where I'm at now.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression

Acceptance

^^^^ me
Didn't Buscemi go insane and have to be strapped down to a bed?

You're right, it is you!

Reaction Score

" It's time to embrace the horror people"

That's where I'm at now.

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression

Acceptance

^^^^ me
I'm there too, plus finally came to the realization that the AAC isn't that bad if you look at it from glass-half-full perspective.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Didn't Buscemi go insane and have to be strapped down to a bed?

You're right, it is you!

That is correct.

Reaction Score
i would love nothing more than to leave the aac but is there actually any chance of that happening, let alone happening rather soon?
Yeah, we are dropping football and hockey and going back to the Big East. That’s what you really want right? Why start this thread when there is an entire board. Do you want to keep Ollie too? Since the AAC is the reason he is failing.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we are dropping football and hockey and going back to the Big East. That’s what you really want right? Why start this thread when there is an entire board. Do you want to keep Ollie too? Since the AAC is the reason he is failing.

Ollie can’t blame his failings on the AAC.

AAC is actually decent. Is it the old Big East? No. But neither are most conferences that are currently in the cartel.

I’m meh on the C7/A10 combo. I’d rather have the multibid basketball combined with a decent football league in the American.

UConn needs to climb the ranks in football and basketball, for me to start dreaming about the ACC.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but the recruiting is tough and the travel is brutal.

Adams and Gilbert were recruited for the AAC. So was Sid. Recruiting is only tough because of the mass transfers. Nothing to do with the league.

The days of bus leagues are gone. The AAC is a metro league and actually has very convenient airport hubs, and there is no bussing into the country.

Imagine if we would have gotten into the Big 12, where we fly and then have to shuttle to Manhattan Kansas.

These are the times we live.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Adams and Gilbert were recruited for this conference. Recruiting is only tough because of the mass transfers. Nothing to do with the league.

The days of bus leagues are gone. The AAC actually has very convenient airport hubs, and there is no bussing into the country.

Imagine if we would have gotten into the Big 12, where we fly and then have to shuttle to Manhattan Kansas.

These are the times we live.
Strongly disagree. It is harder to sell top level recruits on the AAC than on established basketball conferences. That can be overcome, but that it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but the recruiting is tough and the travel is brutal.
Recruiting will cease to be an issue if we win. If we're back atop the conference and Memphis improves then it's a very solid basketball conference.

Reaction Score
Strongly disagree. It is harder to sell top level recruits on the AAC than on established basketball conferences. That can be overcome, but that it doesn't mean it isn't there.

How did we get the highly rated guys that have signed with us these past few years then?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My prediction: UConn is eventually going to run out of money and won't be able to further justify the massive subsidy to fund the non-revenue sports and football. After dropping these programs, they'll have to beg the Big East for an invite.

We will be begging the A10 for an invite in 5 years.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How did we get the highly rated guys that have signed with us these past few years then?
They thought they were coming somewhere special, just like we fans thought our special ness had a longer tail. We've all been adjusting to the unfolding reality. That doesn't mean the book's final chapter has been written, but it is a sincere answer to your sincere question.

Reaction Score
Or...the AAC continues to improve in football and basketball and scores big with some eye opening out of conference upsets, an annual invite to a New Years Day bowl and a Final Four run for a few teams over the next decade. It's not out of the question that sooner than later someone in the AAC is good enough to grab a playoff spot and/or a final Four run. Cincy or Wichita St could go on a tear this season. UCF was right at the doorstep for a playoff berth this past season. The league is getting better and if UConn can to there is no reason why there can't be a magical season now and then for the Huskies. Don't give up hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom