Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So Blauds is saying UH is a "lock". And Tramel is saying they're making a good case but if you read his article (it's not paywalled), he says UH / BYU would still be short term fixes. Good football, but not long term. Hopefully that is representative of OU and other schools' positions, but Tramel doesn't come out and say that, only that there's a vague "debate" (between who? presidents? administrators? fans?)

This could be read as saying UH/BYU as 1 and 2, and/or that some B12 schools are agreeing to enter into the horse trading phase and already acknowledging UH will be in the final package. #PrayFor4

I would read Blauds' assertion that Houston is a LOCK as evidence that Boneyarders are not the only ones who make emotional posts after a big game.

Reaction Score
It's a whole lot different if Blauds is saying he "thinks" UH is a lock and if he has a "source" who tells him UH is a lock. If he has a source, then UH is very likely a lock. If he thinks it, it could still go either way. His sources are generally very strong, his deductions and predictions are generally all over the place.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's a whole lot different if Blauds is saying he "thinks" UH is a lock and if he has a "source" who tells him UH is a lock. If he has a source, then UH is very likely a lock. If he thinks it, it could still go either way. His sources are generally very strong, his deductions and predictions are generally all over the place.
He is cranking out several stories a week, for every one based on a source I would guess there are at least 5 that are just him treading water in his own speculation.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
image.png

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
FIRE UP FLIGHT AWARE
Why? They just said they're going to Dallas to meet with the Big 12. Tracking a tail # won't give you any insight of the the presentation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why? They just said they're going to Dallas to meet with the Big 12. Tracking a tail # won't give you any insight of the the presentation.
Then again, neither does most of the threads on the Boneyard, but has that ever stopped any of us from looking at them?

Reaction Score

Blauds said that, not the University. Blauds's track record is mixed at best.

And really? LOL. Obviously a flight tracking service isn't helpful in determining anything more then where and when planes take off and land, but thanks for letting us know.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Blauds said that, not the University. Blauds's track record is mixed at best.

And really? LOL. Obviously a flight tracking service isn't helpful in determining anything more then where and when planes take off and land, but thanks for letting us know.
Typically this sort of thing works backwards.

1. Some surfs flight aware for charter jets From BDL to DFW or DAL (or ORD or CHA for that matter).
2. Posts on Boneyard.
3. Rampant speculation on who is on the plane and why.
4. Reports of fishing phone calls to the President's or Athletic Director's office for the express purpose of seeing if they are there.
4a, If not, Rampant speculation gets ratcheted up.

Knowing that UConn is making a presentation on Thursday or Friday in Dallas negates steps 1. - 4a.

Husky25

Reaction Score
You batsards broke him... He went Full Dude.
View attachment 15323
What's funny is that if you log out of Twitter, you can read his posts and still copy/paste and comment on them here. If you really want to troll him, you can also set up a Twitter account under a 2nd e-mail address.

Reaction Score
Typically this sort of thing works backwards.

1. Some surfs flight aware for charter jets From BDL to DFW or DAL (or ORD or CHA for that matter).
2. Posts on Boneyard.
3. Rampant speculation on who is on the plane and why.
4. Reports of fishing phone calls to the President's or Athletic Director's office for the express purpose of seeing if they are there.
4a, If not, Rampant speculation gets ratcheted up.

Knowing that UConn is making a presentation on Thursday or Friday in Dallas negates steps 1. - 4a.

But we don't know. Blauds claims he knows, but unless you hear from school itself, you can't take it as gospel.

Reaction Score
When did he block you? I've been on that list for almost 3 months now...he has VERY thin skin
He went full on private I think.

Re: FlightAware, not sure what finding the flight will do since we know UConn is giving a presentation. The more intriguing thing to find would be a flight originating from Dallas coming to CT, implying that B12 officials would be making a visit to Storrs.

Reaction Score
What I want to know is what is Benedict's schedule and has he gone hunting recently with his buddy at TCU (AD I think?)

Husky25

Reaction Score
But we don't know. Blauds claims he knows, but unless you hear from school itself, you can't take it as gospel.
I don't take anything in conference realignment as Gospel...wait. Yes I do. Given that the Gospel is a collection of stories handed down word of mouth from person to person, and was not put on paper (so to speak) for 5 decades after the Crucifixion, thereby making it impossible to fact-check. It probably has more in common with conference realignment as anything else.

Reaction Score
I don't take anything in conference realignment as Gospel...wait. Yes I do. Given that the Gospel is a collection of stories handed down word of mouth from person to person, and was not put on paper (so to speak) for 5 decades after the Crucifixion, thereby making it impossible to fact-check. It probably has more in common with conference realignment as anything else.

Sorry all I heard when I read this was one giant fart noise.

Reaction Score
When did he block you? I've been on that list for almost 3 months now...he has VERY thin skin

He didn't block me... just can't access his rantings as easily. He's not that interesting - he was a sense of amusement.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I just posted this on Premium. Blauds seems pretty confident we are in the running for one of 2 spots - not 4.

"The presentations should be concluded by the end of the week or early next week. Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby and his staff are then expected to decide on a final list of schools to give to the Big 12 Presidents for consideration when they meet next month. Houston, Cincinnati and UConn are expected to be the final contenders for two spots.

The Presidents will either choose two schools or vote not to expand, which would go against the recommendation of Bowlsby who feels the Big 12’s best chance to stay relevant among the Power 5 conference schools is to expand to 12 schools and create a conference championship game with two divisions of six schools."

Husky25

Reaction Score
He didn't block me... just can't access his rantings as easily. He's not that interesting - he was a sense of amusement.
The guy has completely gone off the deep end this weekend. It appears as though he's accepted that Memphis is no longer under consideration. On the other hand, he is blaming everyone except Donald Trump for the snub, going so far as to call out institutional racism within the Big XII.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Sorry all I heard when I read this was one giant fart noise.
Not sure what this means and I think I'm better off for it.

Carry on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom