Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
Boise not getting invited to the Big 12....that doesn't even qualify as a rotgut well tweet, nevermind top-shelf tweet. Just sayin'. :)

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Ya'll be easy on my falcons. Word has it, usafa was the only school the Big12 actively seeked out and asked to apply for membership, since originally Air Force didn't apply. There's definite interest, although I think is happy right where they're at.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ya'll be easy on my falcons. Word has it, usafa was the only school the Big12 actively seeked out and asked to apply for membership, since originally Air Force didn't apply. There's definite interest, although I think is happy right where they're at.

None of us would ever Dis the USAFA. Just don't think they'd really want to be in for all sports. Football, yeah maybe. Same problem Navy has really.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Brett McMurphy‏ @McMurphyESPN
Memphis did not make latest Big 12 expansion cut sources told @ESPN. The 11 that did: BYU UCF Cincinnati UConn CSU UH Rice USF SMU Tulane

So to me it looks like they are contemplating:

Eastern expansion: UCF, USF, Cincinnati, UConn

Western expansion: , BYU, CSU and Houston

Texas expansion: Rice, SMU, Houston and Tulane (short travel from Austin)

I'm sure there are hybrid such as dropping one of the FLA schools for Houston, or both for Houston and BYU.

Reaction Score
I want to laugh about Memphis, but someday the bell may toll for us, too. it, those guys suck.
We may not get in. I get it. I just couldn't imagine them getting in over us. They're twitter fans were obnoxious about them getting in over us. Bowlby....bye bye bye.

Reaction Score
We may not get in. I get it. I just couldn't imagine them getting in over us. They're twitter fans were obnoxious about them getting in over us. Bowlby....bye bye bye.

Poor Jay (TigerBeat):

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 6m 6 minutes ago
Memphis doesn't have to be on any "list" when they have a front row seat with FedEx next to Bowlsby and the rest of the Big 12. #Justsaying

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 7m 7 minutes ago
Until David Rudd personally says Memphis is no longer a candidate for the Big 12, then it's all BS. @ESPN is pissed at Memphis so TIFWIW.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 5m 5 minutes ago
Unless Rudd says it's not happening, we're in already.

Reaction Score
Poor Jay (TigerBeat):

Memphis doesn't have to be on any "list" when they have a front row seat with FedEx next to Bowlsby and the rest of the Big 12. #Justsaying

Until David Rudd personally says Memphis is no longer a candidate for the Big 12, then it's all BS. @ESPN is pissed at Memphis so TIFWIW.

Until the next Powerball drawing, I'm already a millionaire.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Muahahahaha. I didn't realize a key ingredient in Memphis barbeque was LSD.

Reaction Score
Poor Jay (TigerBeat):

Geoff Calkins@geoff_calkins4 mins ago
I know y'all want to doubt the ESPN report, but it's accurate. Memphis is out. Period. Over.
Big 12 expansion snub is devastating news, but Memphis must carry on

Reaction Score
Poor Jay (TigerBeat):

So much sodium chloride!

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Memphis out

latest

Reaction Score
Even though I think SMU and Rice made the cut strictly for political reasons and have no chance, it still is devastating for Memphis to be out of the running and not in the top 11.
The runner ups this time at least separate themselves from the bunch as being 'best of the rest', which Tigers won't be able to say.

Reaction Score
It's all UConn's fault:

Scott Forman ‏@TOM_III_Guy 2h2 hours ago (Proud daddy of UM Tiger Mascot - Tom)
I am not believing another story in this saga until I see a press conference, official release, or reputible article with on-record sources.

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 1h1 hour ago
@TOM_III_Guy a lot of it comes from Uconn tweets. They are trying to deflect attention for their lousy outing last night. Embarrasing

Sports - Hartford Courant @C_Austin_Cox @TOM_III_Guy read the 1st 3-4 paragraphs. Says it all. Angst And Anxiety Fill UConn Fans' Hearts In Sloppy First Win

Cox is already in spin mode... so much for for that Cincy/UM partnership.

Reaction Score
Poor Jay (TigerBeat):

TigerBronco's tweets are actually legitimately sad to read, he's in full meltdown mode.

TigerBronco on Twitter
TigerBronco on Twitter

I can only hope we're not ever in the same place.

It's all UConn's fault:

I am not believing another story in this saga until I see a press conference, official release, or reputible article with on-record sources.

@TOM_III_Guy a lot of it comes from Uconn tweets. They are trying to deflect attention for their lousy outing last night. Embarrasing

Sports - Hartford Courant @C_Austin_Cox @TOM_III_Guy read the 1st 3-4 paragraphs. Says it all. Angst And Anxiety Fill UConn Fans' Hearts In Sloppy First Win

Cox is already in spin mode... so much for for that Cincy/UM partnership.

I'm actually bummed out that all these moron's have blocked me...it would be awesome to see this meltdown first hand! Please keep these coming..it is VERY enjoyable!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's all UConn's fault:

Ah, thank you Jeff.....

Reaction Score
It seems the college football world even has Temple ahead of Memphis for future P5 expansion. Quite interesting.

Reaction Score
There might be 11 schools on the list. If big 12 wants Rice and Tulane great. It's best Uconn isn't in the running.

Memphis wasn't dropped because 11 schools are better, they were dropped because they were the easy out.

Some schools still on the list have no reason. Except from a political or maybe strategic angle. Memphis doesn't have that angle.

Am surprised CSU is still there. I think that says 4 may be on the table. No way they are one of two. unless they are looking at a western only play. And if that happens, tha AAC is intact.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom