Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

Reaction Score
Best case if we're not chosen is CSU and BYU for 12
Expanding to the east coast would be a FAR wiser move.

When Texas communicates with ESPN, I doubt they forget ESPN is located here.

Reaction Score
If BYU is truly shaky, memphis out, but tulane rice and under consideration. I have to think it the dominos are falling to us and cincy as 11 and 12. The flug prophecy.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If BYU is truly shaky, memphis out, but tulane rice and under consideration. I have to think it the dominos are falling to us and cincy as 11 and 12. The flug prophecy.
Or the two of us, and Houston.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm trying very hard to balance schadenfreude with the karmic ramifications. I feel like if I gloat even a tiny bit we'll end up 3 of 2 or 5 of 4 and I'd be destroyed.
My thoughts exactly... I really really really hope the Five Stages of Grief we're seeing now from Memphis stay west of the Ohio River. Yes, academics was the reason for the first elimination. Nobody knows what how factors will really weigh in the next round, and which Big 12 schools will really throw their weight around politically to support UConn.

Reaction Score
Or the two of us, and Houston.
If the go to 14 who is 14? Im not sure is part of the solution. And football onlies? Thats just in the insane asylum. Right up the B12s alley though so who the heck knows.

If its 12? Adademics, market and athletic brands. It seems the big 12 culled its list based on those. So they will pick those that are strong in all 3. Theres really only a minimal real options. Tell me im wearing national flag blue glasses, but we have the best resume.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Expanding to the east coast would be a FAR wiser move.

When Texas communicates with ESPN, I doubt they forget ESPN is located here.

If I could, I'd liken Texas to the 1980 Soviet hockey team. Their time is done. Over. Their last title was almost a full 10 years ago. They should not be able to dictate to anyone how an entire conference should operate. Do they have a dedicated station? Yes, but the LHN garners $0.29/month/subscriber inside Texas. Carriage fees outside the state are $0.02, discounted over 90%. By comparison the Mothership draws over $7.00. Yes, the rollout and marketing was bass ackwards and poorly executed, but still doesn't allay the fact that ESPN is losing money hand over fist.

If ESPN has truly moved the Big XII to the bottom of their priority list, I don't know why they would buckle under ESPN's whim going forward. Make a contingent deal with FOX, use the better part of the next decade to develop a multi-media set up, grow the Big XII brand and in 9 years, tell ESPN when they can go. Chances are that distribution will be operating under a completely different model. One that which ESPN does not have a stronghold.

Reaction Score
I can see a scenario where BYU and UH are "football only" and UConn and Cincy are full members. That's a major compromise, keeps Texas happy, keeps OU happy, is not a full $$ outlay to the networks, gets the best football schools and gets the best academics and athletic departments.

Reaction Score

Blauds was wrong about Memphis/number of AAC surviving the cut though. Not putting too much stock into what he says.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
If the go to 14 who is 14? Im not sure is part of the solution. And football onlies? Thats just in the insane asylum. Right up the B12s alley though so who the heck knows.

If its 12? Adademics, market and athletic brands. It seems the big 12 culled its list based on those. So they will pick those that are strong in all 3. Theres really only a minimal real options. Tell me im wearing national flag blue glasses, but we have the best resume.
Air Force transcends market. I think all four of us will be chosen all-sports. Air Force basketball stinks, but the Big 12 schools need another TCUin basketball anyway. is a brand, like us. I believe they were the school that didn't even know they were part of the discussion.

Reaction Score
I think Colorado State has a better shot than . They are underrated around here.

Houston if added would be all sports. BYU is the only one left who in theory would be football only - but I don't see it. I think the Big 12 is going to make everybody play by the same rules and that could be trouble for BYU.

Reaction Score
It's all UConn's fault:

Scott Forman ‏@TOM_III_Guy 2h2 hours ago (Proud daddy of UM Tiger Mascot - Tom)
I am not believing another story in this saga until I see a press conference, official release, or reputible article with on-record sources.

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 1h1 hour ago
@TOM_III_Guy a lot of it comes from Uconn tweets. They are trying to deflect attention for their lousy outing last night. Embarrasing

Michael S. Aviotti ‏@MichaelAviotti 1h1 hour ago
Sports - Hartford Courant @C_Austin_Cox @TOM_III_Guy read the 1st 3-4 paragraphs. Says it all. Angst And Anxiety Fill UConn Fans' Hearts In Sloppy First Win

Cox is already in spin mode... so much for for that Cincy/UM partnership.

Any chance Memphis plays at UConn this winter in hoops? The fans could have a field day with this stuff.

Reaction Score
Yeah they minute I hype up CSU they lay a tremendous turd on the ground.

Maybe I'll stick with UConn and Cincinnati. :D

Reaction Score
This dude gave a good back and forth last week. Today he blocked me. That is weak sauce right there.
Oh man i read his tweets. He needs to have his shoelaces taken away and put in a padded room.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm trying very hard to balance schadenfreude with the karmic ramifications. I feel like if I gloat even a tiny bit we'll end up 3 of 2 or 5 of 4 and I'd be destroyed.

Don't worry, bro. I was confident that it was always going to be UCONN and BYU. The only thing I can see changing that is if the Big12 doesn't want to put up with the no-Sunday no-LGBT stuff, in which case it will become UCONN and Cincy. You can take that to the bank, smack it up, flip it, and rub it down.... ;)

Reaction Score
Well according to collegefactual.com UM is 50% white and UConn is 62%. Although Memphis has a much higher percentage of black/AA students.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Well according to collegefactual.com UM is 50% white and UConn is 62%. Although Memphis has a much higher percentage of black/AA students.

Right. But I have a hard time believing the B12 looked at their demographics and said nope can't take 'em. They looked at their rankings, research, acceptance rate, gradation rate, etc, and said nope can't take 'em. The students could have been mostly white, mostly black, mostly Asian, mostly national flag blue with white polka dots and it wouldn't matter.

Just a guess, based on the percentage of minorities living in that part of the country, but since 82% of Boise State students come from Idaho, I'd be willing to bet it's a very white school. They were shut out for the same reason Memphis was. If Howard had an FBS football team, they would have made the cut. It's not what the students look like, it's their quality.

Reaction Score
Right. But I have a hard time believing the B12 looked at their demographics and said nope can't take 'em. They looked at their rankings, research, acceptance rate, gradation rate, etc, and said nope can't take 'em. The students could have been mostly white, mostly black, mostly Asian, mostly national flag blue with white polka dots and it wouldn't matter.

Just a guess, based on the percentage of minorities living in that part of the country, but since 82% of Boise State students come from Idaho, I'd be willing to bet it's a very white school. They were shut out for the same reason Memphis was. If Howard had an FBS football team, they would have made the cut. It's not what the students look like, it's their quality.
Agree 100%. Just thought I'd look up the stats. I think UConn actually is quite diverse for being State U of CT.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Don't worry, bro. I was confident that it was always going to be UCONN and BYU. The only thing I can see changing that is if the Big12 doesn't want to put up with the no-Sunday no-LGBT stuff, in which case it will become UCONN and Cincy. You can take that to the bank, smack it up, flip it, and rub it down.... ;)
image.png

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Just thought I'd look up the stats. I think UConn actually is quite diverse for being State U of CT.

Without looking it up, IIRC from the last time I saw the numbers, it has a disproportionately high number of Asian students as compared to the state overall %, which is actually the case at many schools. It has a disproportionately low number of black students compared to the state % and close to the state % of Hispanic students. If UConn is 62% white as you cited, it is actually disproportionately low for the state's % for white people, which (just looked it up) is 71%. So, yeah, UConn overall does a fairly decent job of accepting a representative cross section of state society.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

MattMang23

Reaction Score
LOL... he's on the ledge.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 37m37 minutes ago
I'm blocking any fans of BYU, UConn or any other school who wants to talk smack about Memphis. No more warnings. I've blocked dozens already

I like that he thinks he is important enough that we would care if he blocks us. I was tempted to tweet the Bye Bye Bye video at him in response when I read that. It's perfect for Memphis as their current most well known modern day crooner sings lead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom