Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Commentary Thread for Premium Top-Shelf Tweets

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie. I'm laughing so hard right now that Memphis is out. Btw, is Temple still alive as #12 as ESPN said they may still be in?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
There might be 11 schools on the list. If big 12 wants Rice and Tulane great. It's best Uconn isn't in the running.

Memphis wasn't dropped because 11 schools are better, they were dropped because they were the easy out.

Some schools still on the list have no reason. Except from a political or maybe strategic angle. Memphis doesn't have that angle.

Am surprised CSU is still there. I think that says 4 may be on the table. No way they are one of two. unless they are looking at a western only play. And if that happens, tha AAC is intact.
If somehow Tulane is picked over us with say , CSU, and BYU, we'll have actually slightly upgraded. That said, Tulane doesn't have a chance.

Reaction Score
So Memphis got cut by the Big 12 because UConn fans tweeted stuff?
They have thin skin and block anyone who calls them out! They all bought that bs line from C. Austin Cox who was pushing Cincy and Memphis. They get especially uptight when you tell them that a Memphis education is sub community college level.

Reaction Score
Btw, is Temple still alive as #12 as ESPN said they may still be in?
McMurphy tweeted that his list was 11 and it included 11 members, Temple not included. So he'd have had to have made a typeo with 11 AND unintentionally excluded them AND to this point have not corrected himself. All highly unlikely.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
McMurphy tweeted that his list was 11 and it included 11 members, Temple not included. So he'd have had to have made a typeo with 11 AND unintentionally excluded them AND to this point have not corrected himself. All highly unlikely.
Yea, my line of thinking is that if you're up in the air, you're probably out.

Reaction Score
They have thin skin and block anyone who calls them out! They all bought that bs line from C. Austin Cox who was pushing Cincy and Memphis. They get especially uptight when you tell them that a Memphis education is sub community college level.
If someone starts questioning your college you might get your jimmies rustled as well.
Colleges serve different purposes for different people.
Whether true or not, it's kind of a douchey move to to take that approach.

Reaction Score
If someone starts questioning your college you might get your jimmies rustled as well.
Colleges serve different purposes for different people.
Whether true or not, it's kind of a douchey move to to take that approach.
I guess you haven't been on twitter dealing with this lovely group. If you are a UConn fan do yourself a favor and actually go and read what that crew has said and continues to say about UConn! I'm sure you will change your tune VERY quickly!

Reaction Score
His tweets are categorically delusional at this point.

Look, we all realize we can be on the receiving end of the feces stick again, but this has made my afternoon cocktails all the more enjoyable and last night frustrations lessened.

GREG Sxxx Sxxx‏@GS w a i m
In the end Memphis and Boise State were two schools whose academics were so poor that they couldn't be accepted into the #Big12.

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 20m20 minutes ago
Goes to show wtf you know. UM unlike other spoiled white bread schools, actually HELPS unfortunate AAs better lives.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He has. I want to screenshot and post his tweets but it's far too much work to screenshot like 45 tweets.

Here's a good one though, but by someone else:
@FootballMemphis Memphis has poor Academics?? What about Houston??? Their turnover and graduation rate was POOR less than a year ago

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Moving into Phase 2. He's passed by denial and beginning to move toward acceptance...

If, if, IF the UM is truly out of Big 12 expansion, then I will never again believe in HOPE in anything in life. Just not worth the letdown.

If Memphis really is out, then it means the UM is never meant to be on big boys level. It sucks but it's life. #lifesucks

If Big 12 money hungry greedy bastards turned down UM and FedEx, then it officially means Memphis, school and city is really cursed.

Reaction Score
Moving into Phase 2. He's passed by denial and beginning to move toward acceptance...

If, if, IF the UM is truly out of Big 12 expansion, then I will never again believe in HOPE in anything in life. Just not worth the letdown.

If Memphis really is out, then it means the UM is never meant to be on big boys level. It sucks but it's life. #lifesucks

If Big 12 money hungry greedy bastards turned down UM and FedEx, then it officially means Memphis, school and city is really cursed.
Sounds like he doesn't know what it is like to have his entire conference pilfered behind his back and then to be the last one standing at the prom without a date.

Maybe this is his first nutkick as it pertains to realignment.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Sounds like he doesn't know what it is like to have his entire conference pilfered behind his back and then to be the last one standing at the prom without a date.

Maybe this is his first nutkick as it pertains to realignment.

It's the second one for Memphis. They thought they belonged in the Big East over USF during the 2005 expansion. Apparently they really thought the Big East was not going to want any part of Florida after having Miami for fifteen years. I still don't feel bad for them though. Arrogant bunch of clowns.

Reaction Score
Things are falling nicely for UConn. UCF can't be far behind Memphis (academics) and if UCF goes, there's no point in keeping USF either in my opinion. The three small academics (Rice, Tulane, SMU) are still there to "show" academic commitment over football (with ECU, Boise and Memphis out) but they seem incredibly unlikely to last until the end. Temple, per the latest, seems to be out already as well. I think Air Force is a long-shot...total respect but recruiting seriously at the P5 level and being the AFA would be difficult.

That leaves the real contenders: Five schools for 4, 2, or zero spots: UConn, Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, Colorado State. I know folks around here think CSU is a joke or long-shot, but in Big 12 country - they've got support and if BYU is added, they make some sense.

Reaction Score
Things are falling nicely for UConn. UCF can't be far behind Memphis (academics) and if UCF goes, there's no point in keeping USF either in my opinion. The three small academics (Rice, Tulane, SMU) are still there to "show" academic commitment over football (with ECU, Boise and Memphis out) but they seem incredibly unlikely to last until the end. Temple, per the latest, seems to be out already as well. I think Air Force is a long-shot...total respect but recruiting seriously at the P5 level and being the AFA would be difficult.

That leaves the real contenders: Five schools for 4, 2, or zero spots: UConn, Cincinnati, BYU, Houston, Colorado State. I know folks around here think CSU is a joke or long-shot, but in Big 12 country - they've got support and if BYU is added, they make some sense.
Best case if we're not chosen is CSU and BYU for 12

Reaction Score
Things are falling nicely for UConn....

Doesn't Rule #1 dictate that as soon as we emerge as the top candidate, the B12 reveals this was all a negotiating ploy and ESPN forces them to stand pat at 10?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom