College Teams Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

College Teams Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
pick the first round order for us biz!

LOL. I can't tell who the fourth is. I have Dan, Whaler and Sportsguy but don't know who you think the 4th is. Well, assuming I'm just missing it, I gave each person a dollar bill and am going first to fourth based on the last two digits of the serial number.

Order is Dan, Whaler, Sportsguy and whomever the 4th is. Good luck all.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
LOL. I can't tell who the fourth is. I have Dan, Whaler and Sportsguy but don't know who you think the 4th is. Well, assuming I'm just missing it, I gave each person a dollar bill and am going first to fourth based on the last two digits of the serial number.

Order is Dan, Whaler, Sportsguy and whomever the 4th is. Good luck all.

Shocking. HuskyfanDan goes first. This thing is rigged even worse than the BCS title game!!! :eek:

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The pressure is on, now. If Dan doesn't pick UConn with the number 1 overall draftpick, I'm going to heckle him until the end of time, or until the Boneyard bans me....whichever comes first.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Yes, I gave up my integrity to put the sultan of slashf first in an S curve draft. Sheesh.

By the way, the "sheesh" makes me think that there was a chance you didn't realize I was kidding. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so the order is dan-whaler-usg-ctmike.

first off the OP will be updated by me so refer to that. espn 8 the ocho will be providing online 360 coverage of this draft. with that being said, chris burman take it away...

Ladies and Gentleman and Lurkers and BCU Haters, Welcome to the 2012 Boneyard Draft.

Dan is on the clock:
My Confrence name will be THE BI6 EAST.
With the first pick in the 2012 draft, i pick the Ohio State University Buckeyes.
This pick was easy for me, the fanbase, the brand, the cars, the programs, the stadium size, the recruiting, the tv market and the autographed stuff on ebay are all ideal. i also have a hard on for urban myer.

Whaler you are now on the clock.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Shocking. HuskyfanDan goes first. This thing is rigged even worse than the BCS title game!!! :eek:
you have no clue what i had to do to get the #1 pick. before i got on my knees, i had to sign a contract with the guy that i wouldn't speak of it. oooopppssss.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
so the order is dan-whaler-usg-ctmike.

first off the OP will be updated by me so refer to that. espn 8 the ocho will be providing online 360 coverage of this draft. with that being said, chris burman take it away...

Ladies and Gentleman and Lurkers and BCU Haters, Welcome to the 2012 Boneyard Draft.

Dan is on the clock:
My Confrence name will be THE BI6 EAST.
With the first pick in the 2012 draft, i pick the Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Whaler you are now on the clock.

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! You take tOSU as your first pick instead of the greatest university in the world??? Gotta put down that Captain Morgan's bottle! (I had to live up to my heckling word).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Have you ever gotten thrown out of radio city?:p

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
a reminder to our players and thread fans to read the op for rules and such so this goes soemwhat smoothly. i have added some rules in the best interest of the game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The first member of The Tier XVI will be the University of Texas (austin).

As for why... Because the esteemed Mr Slash missed the obvious number one selection.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
And with the first pick for Conference Sweet Sixteen.....the University of Southern California has been selected.

Great football tradition. Huge fan following and national audience. 11 National Championships. 7 Heisman winners. Amazing list of football alumni. One of the best recruiting areas in the country. Most successful program in the BCS era. #2 media market. Very good academics and total athletic program.

And most importantly...Will Ferrell is one funny ass dude! Conference functions with Will Ferrell and Snoop Dogg will be....wait for it...LEGENDARY!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Well, gonna start things off in the CTMike16 with two large state schools with large fan bases. Are they close to each other? No, but I suspect these conferences are gonna get messy by the time we are through. Michigan and Florida... welcome to your new home.

Back to you, USG!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The first member of The Tier XVI will be the University of Texas (austin).

As for why... Because the esteemed Mr Slash missed the obvious number one selection.

enjoy keeping those cowboys happy. they always want 90% of the money. hope your conf loves that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, gonna start things off in the CTMike16 with two large state schools with large fan bases. Are they close to each other? No, but I suspect these conferences are gonna get messy by the time we are through. Michigan and Florida... welcome to your new home.

Back to you, USG!

I was hoping one of those would fall to 7

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
And in the 2nd round, CSS picks the University of Alabama.

This one was very difficult for me. If I am building a conference and the goal is $, then you would focus on media markets and the such. But if I am going with the instructions from the OP, then the #1 criteria is football. As far as football tradition, history, and overall program strength--no one can beat Alabama. Hell, they get over 80k people for their damn spring game. And they do have a very strong national following. I may have to pick Harvard as my 3rd pick and Duke as my following picks in order to offset the academics and basketball that Alabama brings. But if this is truly being based on football...then Alabama is the no-brainer. Their football history, tradition, and dominance is incredible. Although the way this is going, I may have to rename my conference and sell naming rights to an Airline company in order to pay for the traveling expenses of this conference that I am builing!

Plus, if I am commisioner...with all of Alabama's rogue boosters and agents...I can get some awesome vacation homes, cars, $$$, etc for some back room dealings. And most importantly, I don't know if you have seen the co-eds down at Alabama...but this commish will be making frequent stops in Tuscaloosa for many game day experiences....gotta love those Southern Belles y'all!!!!:cool:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
According to ESPN's 'formula', I will welcome the most prestigious program in college football history to the Tier XVI - The University of Oklahoma.

Numbers are a few years old but:
.765 win%
47 game winning streak
29 top 5 AP finishes
7 National Titles
Most weeks of any program at AP #1 - 97
39 years with at least a share of conf best record

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
You're up Whaler.

By the way...is there trading involved like the real draft? For instance, can I draft BCU in the last round and then trade them to some D3 conference in exchange for a book of stamps or a coupon for an oil change?;)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Paging HFD... you are on the clock!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
on the road, will be back soon. fsu and unc

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That makes it pretty easy. Notre Dame.