College Teams Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

College Teams Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The CSS will select the University of California.

Obviously a huge state school in a fertile recruiting state and a large alumni base. That is how I justify the pick.

However, in reality, I need them to fill out the West Coast pod of my conference. It is kind of like selecting a Defensive Team in Fantasy Football or a Catcher in Fantasy Baseball. You hate picking them this early in a draft, but you know you need to take one eventually and you don't want to be stuck with the bottom of the barrel at that position (geography) at the end of the draft. So go Cal!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dont u dare take unlv on me whaler! i know ur thinking this pick over right now!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I had been sitting on Cal to pair with Stanford.

I am weak in the Southeast but not much left there. I'll take TCU for Texas to push around.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i need texas so i am going for baylor and i'm goind west for zona.

baylor is building a sick new stadium which i plan to dock my boat at for some great pre games tailgates. all 3 big sports are on the rise there. zona is a big school in a ok market and much needed for all other sports besides fball for any pod out there. fball isn't bad but its never good either, bit of a rise lately.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think it's funny that everyone "needs Texas" when the SEC has done just fine without it. Just an observation. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think it's funny that everyone "needs Texas" when the SEC has done just fine without it. Just an observation. :)

even the sec needds texas recruiting. atm.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Some decent options here but nothing that jumps off the page. For the hardy fans, the ridiculous co-eds, tremendous tailgating, recruiting area, so Auburn isn't on an island.... The University of Mississippi.

Over Missouri and Arkansas? Really?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with your conference. Mel Kiper's Hair just doesn't think it will win many football games. Mel Kiper's Hair is not the sentimental type.

Mel Kiper's Hair is also shocked that Cal is still in the green room sobbing on its agents shoulder. East coast bias indeed.

Along with both Arizona schools...by the way, UW was a steal this late.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im underwhelmed by the east coast schools left so I'll take another West Coast school - not sure why you'd want Arizona over ASU Dan, but I'll take the Sun Devils which for my money wins me the coed battle.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The CSS will select the University of California.

Obviously a huge state school in a fertile recruiting state and a large alumni base. That is how I justify the pick.
There was a pre-draft rumor going around about Cal's stadium being built on a faultline. Sort of like the rumor about Caron Butler having a bullet lodged in his leg, except this one is true. I would have expected Cal to drop another round or two, but it's easy to be critical from the cheap seats, right?

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Goddamitt!!! I've been debating between Arizona and Arizona State for the past few rounds, but figured I would just wait for someone to take one of them and then I would draft whichever they didn't take. Then, you guys take them back to back and screw my whole plan up... pricks!

So now, CSS will be taking the University of Kansas Jayhawks. Another large state school with great fan support. I will be able to reunite the Kansas and Missouri rivalry in the CSS again. Plus, while my focus has been on Football only so far (per the instructions at the start of this thing), my basketball conference is horrendous...so needed the basketball blue blood Jayhawks.

PS...I am still pissed about the Arizona and Arizona State run....grrrr!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Mississippi State and Pittsburgh. I'm just winging it at this point.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
The CSS will now draft the Syracuse Orange.

I know, I know...attack away. I realize that their football history is stronger than their football future and I am drafting them for what they've done in the past instead of what they will do in the future. But they are a national name for football whose perception and reputation is greater than reality. But they are respected nationally due to their history...and I need their basketball power in my conference at this point.

Whaler... you are on the clock.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
those are the worst picks i have ever seen.i'd draft a texas community college before cuse. there are 2 schools actually 3 that have recently won stuff still on the board. i know whaler will pick 1 of them. thats guys for the gift! :p

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
those are the worst picks i have ever seen.i'd draft a texas community college before cuse. there are 2 schools actually 3 that have recently won stuff still on the board. i know whaler will pick 1 of them. thats guys for the gift! :p

That's rich! The guy who picked a team in the 3rd round (#9 overall) that has done nothing is criticizing my 13th round pick that has done more than his 3rd round pick on the field! Too funny!:)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That's rich! The guy who picked a team in the 3rd round (#9 overall) that has done nothing is criticizing my 13th round pick that has done more than his 3rd round pick on the field! Too funny!:)

i'm such a nice guy that i'll take cuse off your hands for u if u give me psu also:D thats like ridding the world of all child at once. well on second thought, its interesting u drafted those 2 schools.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll take Louisville. Need some more Southern teams and Louisville was the best one left I thought since my basketball could use some help.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
i'm such a nice guy that i'll take cuse off your hands for u if u give me psu also:D thats like ridding the world of all child at once. well on second thought, its interesting u drafted those 2 schools.

Taking a look at your draft, you actually made a smart financial decision with your first 3 picks. With your picks of tOSU, FSU, and UNC....you will save a lot of money on scholarships for your athletes. Since you can just make up classes and grades for those schools without actually having the athletes go to class or get an education...you will save money on professor's salaries and the cost of having classes for those players. Smart financial move your part for your conference!:p

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i am on the clock, but working on a trade hopefully first.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Trade Alert:

CSS gets -Arizona
BE gets - Syracuse

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
CSS can confirm that^

i will draft rutgers and now sit on the clock again. i drafted rutgers because rutgersal has agreed to stop all rutgers chat on the internet and in return he has been hired by the B1G East as a media worker. His job is top sit on forms and sites like espn and just blast away at any fans of other programs at all times. his user will be B1GEastAl. He will also make horrible comments towards any article thats pro another team not in this conf. good luck to the other conf's media wise...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
texas tech. they have to drop all mike leach court stuff and hire him and knight back.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
Trade Alert:

CSS gets -Arizona
BE gets - Syracuse

I can confirm this trade on behalf of the CSS. We were more than glad to unload Syracuse. We felt dirty having to draft them in the first place....so it was a no brainer to unload them for a key West Coast team that completes our 4 team West Coast pod. Good riddance Syracuse!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was thinking about Texas Tech. Will stay in SE and try for another school with at least hypothetical upside.

South Florida. Locks up a lot of strippers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom