Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
They may not win many games, but they've never lost a party

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
gtech and ark for me. i really want bobbys jump off.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I almost took GA Tech last. I don't much want them for them - but I'll take them so I have access to the eyeballs - University of California Los Angeles.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Guys I'm thinking about picking up utsa next. They are a sleeping midget.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Gonna go with Clemson and Ole Miss here. Southern belles, y'all. HOLLA!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Gonna go with Clemson and Ole Miss here. Southern belles, y'all. HOLLA!

Are Ole Miss and the University of Mississippi different schools? :)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I think this brings us to what I was going to ask: can someone post a tally of what the conferences look like so far? I have lost track of who has which team, and perhaps so have the contestants...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think this brings us to what I was going to ask: can someone post a tally of what the conferences look like so far? I have lost track of who has which team, and perhaps so have the contestants...

Its in the first post.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Its in the first post.

Oh, cool. I didn't realize we could edit posts after the "fifteen minute rule", but I'm guessing HuskyfanDan has some carte blanche around here! ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At the halfway point Mel Kiper's hair rankings are as follows:

1. The Tier XVI:
tex/ok/nd/miami/oregon/auburn/boise/ole
Threatening to run away and hide. Three massive blueblooded TV draws, two historic rivalries, one of FL's big 3, the hottest program on the west coast, an underdog, and hot coeds.
Best steal: ND in the third round
Biggest reach: More of a calculated gamble than a reach is Boise in the seventh round, unproven in major conference play.

2. Confrence Sweet Sixteen:
usc/bama/psu/neb/vt/tenn/atm/okst
Four bluebloods (usc, bama, neb, psu), second best program in Texas, best program in the ACC, another 100k stadium(TN), and a B12 refugee.
Best steal: Neb in the fourth.
Biggest reach: Tenn in the sixth which may prove to be the final margin. Would have been better off trying to solidify TX recruiting area with this pick.

3. CTMike16-
mich/fl/lsu/uga/wisc/mich st/uk/ncst
Feast or Famine so far getting some solid rivalries and programs from the former B1G and SEC with a couple head scratchers.
Best Steal: LSU and UGA in Rds 3 and 4 for a strong base the Southeast nicely counter to not getting Bama.
Biggest Reach: Mich St in Round 6, only a reach because ATM was still on the board and the conference could use recuiting draw in TX..

4. The Bi6 East:
tosu/fsu/unc/wvu/uconn/sc/uva/gt
Best program in the former B1G, second best program in FL, and a bunch of hoi polloi. Went for the sentimental pick about two rounds early.
Best Steal: WVU in Rd 4.
Biggest Reach: UNC in the third round.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Er... Yeah... Totally different! Damn, have a few drinks, start drafting schools that have been drafted. I saw Missouri come off the board and thought I was in the clear. Oh well. Quite frankly I'm more upset at SubbaBub discrediting my Conference of Awesome.

Picking up Vanderbilt here. Continue raiding the SEC and its a great location. I'm trying to talk myself in to this pick. I don't know if it's working.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The CSS will select BYU.

Very solid football history and program. Large following across the country (Mormon Nation). Very good recruiting that has a national draw. They are kind of like a Notre-Dame-Lite.

Plus they are a rare quality western team and I need to build a Western pod for my 1st round pick USC.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll tie up a big city and own the Pacific Northwest after this addition. The University of Washington. Improving on field... One of the few teams to have won a NC in the modern era left. Oregon, UW and Boise is a nice little triangle with UCLA to schedule with as well.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
illinois and indiana, i can't explain why i picked them

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not in love with them but I'll take Stanford.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
The CSS was really hoping to get Stanford here, but guess we waited one round too many. So I guess we'll have to go to plan B and take the University of Iowa.

Very solid football tradition at a large State School that has a large and faithful fanbase. Plus, I've heard that their coach comes from a future National Power in football!:)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Purdue and Maryland. Let's turn this in to a Randy Edsall thread!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i wanted md lol, trade!!!!! it was part of my draft thoughts that i was going to draft md and make md fire randy as part of it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Er... Yeah... Totally different! Damn, have a few drinks, start drafting schools that have been drafted. I saw Missouri come off the board and thought I was in the clear. Oh well. Quite frankly I'm more upset at SubbaBub discrediting my Conference of Awesome.

Picking up Vanderbilt here. Continue raiding the SEC and its a great location. I'm trying to talk myself in to this pick. I don't know if it's working.

There's nothing wrong with your conference. Mel Kiper's Hair just doesn't think it will win many football games. Mel Kiper's Hair is not the sentimental type.

Mel Kiper's Hair is also shocked that Cal is still in the green room sobbing on its agents shoulder. East coast bias indeed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
has it been broken to whaler yet that he drafted a team in like the 3rd round that won't ever be able to play fball in his conf?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There's nothing wrong with your conference. Mel Kiper's Hair just doesn't think it will win many football games. Mel Kiper's Hair is not the sentimental type.

Mel Kiper's Hair is also shocked that Cal is still in the green room sobbing on its agents shoulder. East coast bias indeed.
DAMN YOU MEL KIPER'S HAIR!! hahaha :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
i wanted md lol, trade!!!!! it was part of my draft thoughts that i was going to draft md and make md fire randy as part of it.
I think that's a stipulation we can all agree on. haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom