COBRA Kai | Page 5 | The Boneyard

COBRA Kai

Reaction Score
Why is Robby the only one facing repercussions for self defense?
Robby is one of the kids I least like, deservedly or not. He started off bad, stealing with his crew. He won't cut his father any slack. He lied to LaRusso to get a job. He joined the arch enemy dojo. He back-door'd his way to steal Miguel's girlfriend. He's a bad seed. Or maybe he just reminds me too much of Ice Man. He did step up in prison though so that was something. I can see a future episode where Robby and Miguel are wingmen.

ice.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Robby is one of the kids I least like, deservedly or not. He started off bad, stealing with his crew. He won't cut his father any slack. He lied to LaRusso to get a job. He joined the arch enemy dojo. He back-door'd his way to steal Miguel's girlfriend. He's a bad seed. Or maybe he just reminds me too much of Ice Man. He did step up in prison though so that was something. I can see a future episode where Robby and Miguel are wingmen.

View attachment 65041

I liked Robby’s redemption arc.

And s3 blows it up entirely.

the Q

Reaction Score
Unpopular truth: Miguel made the better villain.

He also hit Sam.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

View attachment 65041

Don't see the comparison between Robbie and Ice. Ice may have been a dick but nothing in the movie had him doing anything illegal, cheating, lying, etc.

Reaction Score
Don't see the comparison between Robbie and Ice. Ice may have been a dick but nothing in the movie had him doing anything illegal, cheating, lying, etc.
I was speaking of looks, but at the same time, doing things illegal, cheating, lying, etc. is kind of being a dick.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was speaking of looks, but at the same time, doing things illegal, cheating, lying, etc. is kind of being a dick.
I totally see the young Kilmer comparison. I had the same thought as I was watching the series.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I totally see the young Kilmer comparison. I had the same thought as I was watching the series.
Looks, yes.
Character between Ice and Robbie? No.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ice maybe was a jerk, but he could be your wing man any time. Robbie, not so much. Like just about every character from Cobra Kai, he will more likely make a stupid decision than a good one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Finally watched Season 3 in it's entirety. It left me wanting more of Chosen and the Vietnam flashbacks. Of course, that is was probably the point. I heard last week that Thomas Ian Griffith is rumored to be in Season 4.

I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that regardless of his redemption, Hawk belongs in juvy and Tory with Y belongs in Bellvue.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finally watched Season 3 in it's entirety. It left me wanting more of Chosen and the Vietnam flashbacks. Of course, that is was probably the point. I heard last week that Thomas Ian Griffith is rumored to be in Season 4.

I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that regardless of his redemption, Hawk belongs in juvy and Tory with Y belongs in Bellvue.
Tory should get an early start on her eventual career. Hawk to Juvie, and then a lifetime at Jiffy Lube in the pits.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Finally closing in on the end of season 3. Some thoughts.
  • Somebody just needs to quietly kill Kreese. Poison perhaps.
  • Johnny had best not screw things up with Miguel’s hot mom by going after Ali
  • Ali is back! Very cool. ? Elizabeth Shue
  • Miguel + Sam and Robby + Tori are simply better pairings.
  • Daniel’s wife in that red dress at the hearing. Wow.
  • Hawk is a POS.
  • Demetri and the hot girl. Revenge of the nerds.

the Q

Reaction Score
  • Hawk is a POS.

Miguel and Sam have zero chemistry.

Reaction Score
  • Hawk is a POS.
Very astute observations. They did a really good job with this show. A little corny like the original movie yet intriguing enough to keep you coming back. Delightfully tacky yet unrefined.

1617485642384.png

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tory should get an early start on her eventual career.
I just saw an episode of Ridiculousness w/ Peyton List (Tory) as the guest. She seems fairly down to earth, and not even slightly psychotic IRL.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just saw an episode of Ridiculousness w/ Peyton List (Tory) as the guest. She seems fairly down to earth, and not even slightly psychotic IRL.

acting jon lovitz GIF by Saturday Night Live

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. I didn't use an emoticon but I was being fairly tongue in cheek w/ my previous comment.

Although there are a number of "actors" who really don't do much acting, they're just portraying themself on screen. Seth Rogen might be the worst offender, but there are others.

the Q

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know. I didn't use an emoticon but I was being fairly tongue in cheek w/ my previous comment.

Although there are a number of "actors" who really don't do much acting, they're just portraying themself on screen. Seth Rogen might be the worst offender, but there are others.

Charlie sheen on tv

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yes, I did mean Tory, not Peyton. Who started as a Disney girl, like many others.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yes, I did mean Tory, not Peyton. Who started as a Disney girl, like many others.
I followed that you meant the character, not the actual actress. Just interesting that such an unlikable character is played by a seemingly charming and nice young woman. But as pointed out above, that's why they call it acting. And of course not all Disney (or Nickoledeon) kids end up being somewhat well adjusted and decent as they reach adulthood.

Reaction Score
My son was watching Back To The Future and when he finished he started the sequal. The beginning of the sequal seems to start off with the ending scene of the first. One big difference, and I never knew about it until now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom