COBRA Kai | Page 2 | The Boneyard

COBRA Kai

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Binge watched this weekend. I really enjoyed it. As per usual, suspend your disbelief and ignore the fact that every single questionable situation gets misinterpreted.
Season 3 comes out on my birthday.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Binge watched this weekend. I really enjoyed it. As per usual, suspend your disbelief and ignore the fact that every single questionable situation gets misinterpreted.

Welcome to every movie or show ever.

the Q

Reaction Score
Season 3 is pretty good.

love the nostalgia brought back and how they tied the movies in. You kind of knew that alli was going to be key for Johnny and Daniel to bury the hatchet in some form. And she points out the obvious, that they were more alike than they wanted to admit. In a world where alli didn’t exist, it’s entirely possible him and Johnny would’ve become friends anyway.

and you waited 30 years for the karate scene near the end of episode 10.

what I don’t like is what they did with Robbie’s character, since he was the one I was most interested in the first 2 seasons.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The bottom line question is this...Shue? Or no Shue? duck* LaRusso and Johnnie.

I guess I should add this to my watch list. The original Karate Kid didn't really work as it should for me because of Miss Shue. It was ok, but I could not feel the least bit sorry for him once he ended up with Ali.

the Q

Reaction Score
I guess I should add this to my watch list. The original Karate Kid didn't really work as it should for me because of Miss Shue. It was ok, but I could not feel the least bit sorry for him once he ended up with Ali.

Did you watch Kk 2 and 3?

And they address this again in season 3 of KC.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Did you watch Kk 2 and 3?

And they address this again in season 3 of KC.

I don't remember them if I did. I just just somewhat smitten by her back in 1984 as a 17-18 year old.

the Q

Reaction Score

I mean by the time that really happens it’s time for the tournament anyway.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Karate Kid from Johnny's perspective is great. There is YouTube Vignette that illustrates that the real bully was Daniel and Johnny rehashes it for Miguel in CK Season 1.

the Q

Reaction Score
Karate Kid from Johnny's perspective is great. There is YouTube Vignette that illustrates that the real bully was Daniel and Johnny rehashes it for Miguel in CK Season 1.

Yup. It’s funny.

And it’s referenced in s3. Lol

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yup. It’s funny.

And it’s referenced in s3. Lol
I haven't watched the full season yet.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

This is great. My daughter loves watching things like this about other movies.

I merely had a memory of the original that was more or less "would I accept getting beaten up if I end up with Elisabeth Shue of 1984? Yes, I would". Small price to pay.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I believe it happens in episode 1
Must have been getting a refill. Be that as it may, I am rewatching the entire series, so I'll get to it again soon.

the Q

Reaction Score
This is great. My daughter loves watching things like this about other movies.

I merely had a memory of the original that was more or less "would I accept getting beaten up if I end up with Elisabeth Shue of 1984? Yes, I would". Small price to pay.
Fair enough.

I mean if we’re picking 80s chicks I probably go the chick from weird science, but fair enough

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

I mean if we’re picking 80s chicks I probably go the chick from weird science, but fair enough

She's older. I think it was just me being a HS senior in 1984.

Anyway, I'll try the show!

the Q

Reaction Score
She's older. I think it was just me being a HS senior in 1984.

Anyway, I'll try the show!

yeah. I wasn’t born in 1984 so I saw both well after the fact

the Q

Reaction Score
Must have been getting a refill. Be that as it may, I am rewatching the entire series, so I'll get to it again soon.

ep 1 of season 3
At the PTO meeting

Husky25

Reaction Score
ep 1 of season 3
At the PTO meeting
Yup missed most of it, but I did hear the voice in the background calling Daniel out.

Thank you for the information, but this is the third time you've posted this. Is it so out of the realm of possibility that someone who is already tipsy, trying to "maintain a buzz," with kids making obscene amounts of noise, while also trying to follow the CFP on New Years Day doesn't have perfect recall?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season 3 is pretty good.

love the nostalgia brought back and how they tied the movies in. You kind of knew that alli was going to be key for Johnny and Daniel to bury the hatchet in some form. And she points out the obvious, that they were more alike than they wanted to admit. In a world where alli didn’t exist, it’s entirely possible him and Johnny would’ve become friends anyway.

and you waited 30 years for the karate scene near the end of episode 10.

what I don’t like is what they did with Robbie’s character, since he was the one I was most interested in the first 2 seasons.

The timing of bringing back Ali and how they reintroduced her character to tie together Seasons 1-3 and set up Season 4 is brilliant. They avoided the easy play of having her antagonize either Danny or Johnny or ruin either one of their relationships. They gave her the let bygones be bygones and remember the good times not the bad to bring together Johnny and Danny.

Season 3 SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

They also did a helluva job with Kreese's background from Vietnam. The POW scenes could easily trigger anyone whose been in those types of situations.

the Q

Reaction Score
The timing of bringing back Ali and how they reintroduced her character to tie together Seasons 1-3 and set up Season 4 is brilliant. They avoided the easy play of having her antagonize either Danny or Johnny or ruin either one of their relationships. They gave her the let bygones be bygones and remember the good times not the bad to bring together Johnny and Danny.

Season 3 SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

They also did a helluva job with Kreese's background from Vietnam. The POW scenes could easily trigger anyone whose been in those types of situations.

yes. It looked like they were gonna do that (even though it would’ve made no sense with Daniel married).

but they nailed it.

and yes, those kreese scenes were fantastic.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed season three. At the end of season two, I felt like the eventual transition of Johnny overseeing Danny's Dojo was obvious (dealership was struggling etc) but it did not materialize yet. They made Japan work and Elizabeth Shue's return was well done.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Late to the party, started last night. First 2 episodes were rough, I just can't take any more of the self destructive behavior/addict/digging a deeper and deeper hole plots that Hollywood seems to adore so much. Got thru that and it started getting better, although both Johnny and Daniel aren't particularly sympathetic to me. Got thru 5 episodes in one setting. Will definitely continue.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Most of the way thru season 1. Johnny and Daniel are both such...well there's a word I want to use, but I can't, so I'll say jerks. Not sure how much more of those two I can handle. Do they actually grow as human beings and start to act like adults at some point?

the Q

Reaction Score
Most of the way thru season 1. Johnny and Daniel are both such...well there's a word I want to use, but I can't, so I'll say jerks. Not sure how much more of those two I can handle. Do they actually grow as human beings and start to act like adults at some point?

Magic 8 ball says: don’t get your hopes up

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom