COBRA Kai

Anyone else watch this? I've caught the two free episodes on YouTube Red and it was surprisingly good. It's a reboot of Karate Kid with Johnny and Daniel as adults, with the two original actors. It was written by the same guys who did Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Without giving up too much, basically 30 years later Johnny is a drunk loser, and Daniel is a successful car dealership owner.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Anyone else watch this? I've caught the two free episodes on YouTube Red and it was surprisingly good. It's a reboot of Karate Kid with Johnny and Daniel as adults, with the two original actors. It was written by the same guys who did Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Without giving up too much, basically 30 years later Johnny is a drunk loser, and Daniel is a successful car dealership owner.
Was gonna post this too. Watched the first episode and I'm all in.

You can get a month free of Youtube Red if you want to finish the series. Or there's always torrents...

the Q

BY Misanthrope
Was gonna post this too. Watched the first episode and I'm all in.

You can get a month free of Youtube Red if you want to finish the series. Or there's always torrents...
I'll almost certainly do this.

I just can't help these follow up shows and stuff like that from the 80s and 90s.

It was pretty good. I could have done with a few less easter egg type things. Youtube red has zero content, though. They'll have to make many more shows like this to ever have me consider signing up

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
I've watched the first episode and a 1/2 the second.

Without giving up too much, basically 30 years later Johnny is a drunk loser, and Daniel is a successful car dealership owner.
By all accounts (i.e. trailers on regular YouTube.), Johnny will successfully re-open the Cobra Kai dojo.

Re: Danielsan, is he really successful? He sells cars for crying out loud. Consequences, I suppose, of blowing his college fund on a trip to Okinawa, opening up a Bonsai Tree shop without anything approaching a business plan, and the deep-seeded desire to needlessly defend the All-Valley Karate Championship against the original wishes of his Sensei (while being duped by Sensei Kreese and his Viet Nam War buddy, Terry.).

Last edited:
I've watched the first episode and a 1/2 the second.

By all accounts (i.e. trailers on regular YouTube.), Johnny will successfully re-open the Cobra Kai dojo.

Re: Danielsan, is he really successful? He sells cars for crying out loud. Consequences, I suppose, of blowing his college fund on a trip to Okinawa, opening up a Bonsai Tree shop without anything approaching a business plan, and the deep-seeded desire to needlessly defend the All-Valley Karate Championship against the original wishes of his Sensei (while being duped by Sensei Kriese and his Viet Nam War buddy, Terry.).
Lol he doesn't sell cars he owns a car dealership.

I enjoyed it very much. They took the old characters and continued their stories in an interesting way while introducing new characters that you actually care about. It was entertaining without forcing anything. Other franchises (Star Wars for one) could learn a thing or two about story telling from the guys who ran this show.