Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sounds like Oregon St. assistant coach Brian Holsinger taking over at Montana is a done deal.

Reaction Score
Montana is not a bad job. They are the big dog in the Big Sky, which makes them a good stepping stone to the P5. Oregon State and Utah picked up MBB coaches from there - no reason that wouldn't happen for a WBB coach who wins a couple Big Sky championships.

Besides, it's a really, really nice place to live and whatever Holsinger is getting paid will buy him a very, very nice lifestyle.

Reaction Score
Montana is not a bad job. They are the big dog in the Big Sky, which makes them a good stepping stone to the P5. Oregon State and Utah picked up MBB coaches from there - no reason that wouldn't happen for a WBB coach who wins a couple Big Sky championships.

Besides, it's a really, really nice place to live and whatever Holsinger is getting paid will buy him a very, very nice lifestyle.
My great-great grandfather owned a cattle ranch near Boseman and it is on my bucket list to see.

hope I get there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My great-great grandfather owned a cattle ranch near Boseman and it is on my bucket list to see.

hope I get there.
Bozeman is pretty cool, I've spent a bit of time there. However that is the home of Montana St. U. of Montana is in Missoula. While they're practically neighbors by Montana standards (2 or 3 hour drive IIRC but not much in between), I think there's a fairly fierce rivalry.

edit--shoot, Butte is in between, so I guess they aren't neighbors, sorry no disrespect intended towards Butte

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bozeman is pretty cool, I've spent a bit of time there. However that is the home of Montana St. U. of Montana is in Missoula. While they're practically neighbors by Montana standards (2 or 3 hour drive IIRC but not much in between), I think there's a fairly fierce rivalry.
Ahh. I knew one of the Montanas was there.

Reaction Score
I just heard a story about folks who were trying to buy a 450k house and were consistently (17 times) losing out to all-cash offers!
(Californians working from home remotely)

that was over in Bozeman. Dunno what it’s like in Missoula.

Reaction Score
I just heard a story about folks who were trying to buy a 450k house and were consistently (17 times) losing out to all-cash offers!

Happening here in CT also

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dang Californians are ruining everywhere! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Lot cheaper to live there. Taxes are a lot less than California.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

edit--shoot, Butte is in between, so I guess they aren't neighbors, sorry no disrespect intended towards Butte

You think?? Come on man :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

My son in Michigan had to offer 30k over the asking price to get his house. It was a situation where the homeowner showed the house for three days then set a deadline for offers. They call it a “highest and best” sale.

Reaction Score

Before this ventures off into "let me tell you my housing story" thread, I know that housing is booming throughout the country (trust me, I know). The thing that caught my attention, and I know a bit about this subject, is that 450k was not a sufficient home price in MONTANA (median price there is 280k) and that it was being defeated by all-cash offers. That's pretty remarkable.

And the relevance here was that someone had suggested that a head coach's salary would go far in MT. Yes, but less so than before.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Sounds like Oregon St. assistant coach Brian Holsinger taking over at Montana is a done deal.
What do you know about OSU assistant coach, Katie Faulkner? I saw on twitter that she recently started following Texas' Vic Schaefer and Dionnah Jackson-Durrett on twitter. Texas looking to hire someone to coach post players now that Johnnie Harris left for Auburn. She'd a great replacement hire, IMO.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What do you know about OSU assistant coach, Katie Faulkner? I saw on twitter that she recently started following Texas' Vic Schaefer and Dionnah Jackson-Durrett on twitter. Texas looking to hire someone to coach post players now that Johnnie Harris left for Auburn. She'd a great replacement hire, IMO.
No you can't have her!

OSU fans are very enthusiastic about her. I believe she works w/ front court player development as well as recruiting.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
My son in Michigan had to offer 30k over the asking price to get his house. It was a situation where the homeowner showed the house for three days then set a deadline for offers. They call it a “highest and best” sale.
Same here in FL, Tampa area. Hubby was talking with a few RE agents this week and they are getting upwards of double digit offers on homes, and there's also a shortage of new homes. We live in a 55+ and houses don't stay on market for more than a week, if that. We are seeing new home communities being built, where there used to be large open areas, which is a shame. There's also a huge boom of apartment construction, although some counties are trying to slow it down or stop it, as it will tax the current infrastructure.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So much for this being a coach's hot seat thread vs. house prices in various regions and cost of living thread! I just hope Nan doesn't shut this down due to "off topicness"....which she contributed to...:rolleyes:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We'll see what she can do to ease the major lost of Diamond Johnson.

Next year should be interesting. We'll see what transfers we bring in.
Yep. The only thing I find myself consistently concerned about - re: Rutgers - is the on-going transfers, almost year in and year out. We have that issue to some degree at Arizona, as well, but at least I have a handle of why folks out here have transferred - largely, they were not or were not going to play. At Rutgers, ???? A consistent steady rumor of locker room issues, often arising toward the end of the season, not necessarily directly blamed for the transfers, but if not that, I don't know what.

And no, RU's number of transfers is not really extraordinary. But it is substantial, particularly of players that are either pretty darn good or at the least, presented as being pretty darned good.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I feel like every hot seat coach has stepped down or been canned: Tsipis, White, Coale, Fargas and Auburn's coach.

Who is on the hot seat going into next season besides Versyp?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom