Coaching Hot Seat 2021 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Coaching Hot Seat 2021

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I feel like every hot seat coach has stepped down or been canned: Tsipis, White, Coale, Fargas and Auburn's coach.

Who is on the hot seat going into next season besides Versyp?
Versyp is being replaced after next season anyways.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I feel like every hot seat coach has stepped down or been canned: Tsipis, White, Coale, Fargas and Auburn's coach.

Utah's coach certainly should be.

Reaction Score

Versyp not on hot seat — skready agreed that Geralds is taking over.

Reaction Score

Conversation​

Raoul

@Raoul_000

LSU WBB head coach Nikki Fargas reportedly stepping down to pursue new career outside coaching https://wafb.com/2021/04/15/lsu-womens-basketball-head-coach-nikki-fargas-steps-down/

Reaction Score

Florida, Illinois, Utah, Kansas

Possibly USC Colorado nebr
too early but watch list: minn Va Cal bc Pitt

Reaction Score
Florida, Illinois, Utah, Kansas

Possibly USC Colorado nebr
too early but watch list: minn Va Cal bc Pitt
I would agree with Utah and Illinois being on that list. As for your watch list I think you're spot on. I would add Ole Miss to that list even though she's so well liked.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, I guess it wasn't a case of Campbell being picky. Appears he whiffed on a bunch of jobs he put his hat in the ring for. Pretty far down the pecking order in the Big Sky.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wow, I guess it wasn't a case of Campbell being picky. Appears he whiffed on a bunch of jobs he put his hat in the ring for. Pretty far down the pecking order in the Big Sky.

Same thing could have been said about Marissa Moseley picking BU 3 years ago and now look at her, P5 Wisconsin! Seems to me he has nothing but upside in making that school respectable in a few years and climb the ladder.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Same thing could have been said about Marissa Moseley picking BU 3 years ago and now look at her, P5 Wisconsin! Seems to me he has nothing but upside in making that school respectable in a few years and climb the ladder.
Sure he can work his way up, but I bet he thought his first HC job would be a little better than that.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

That makes Kelly Graves down two assistants, although I'm sure he's been planning for Campbell to leave for some time now.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Melissa D'Amico Gets HC Position at Boston University

Press release from BU states her background:
  • ND alum who played five years professionally in Europe;
  • Started coaching career at Colgate; next gigs were at Yale and Wake Forest, where she oversaw recruiting and bigs for both teams. Did well with Wake Forest posts/forwards, particularly Ivana Raca.
  • McGraw, Allison Guth and Jen Hoover all solidly in her corner.

Always interesting progression with ND and UConn. A Husky takes over for a one-time ND assistant at Wisconsin and now a Domer heads to BU.

Best of luck to Melissa, a former fellow Domer and Long Islander (Manorville)

Last edited:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No you can't have her!

OSU fans are very enthusiastic about her. I believe she works w/ front court player development as well as recruiting.
Well, Faulkner didn't end up at Texas; ended up at PAC 12 rival Washington . . . ?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, Faulkner didn't end up at Texas; ended up at PAC 12 rival Washington . . . ?

There are some unhappy OSU fans about this.

Oregon St. and Oregon both lost most of their assistant coaching staff this offseason.

Reaction Score
Colorado?

I can't believe Wynn has a 6 year contract. I don't expect they'll pull the trigger now, but if next year is more of the same, it has to be her last season. There's just no way to justify keeping a coach winning well under 20% of her conference games.
Colorado is very happy with Payne, a good season with two strong transfers coming in and Mya returning. You don’t fire the coach who beat national champion.

Reaction Score
With 11 students entering the portal from Syracuse...just might Coach Q position be in question? Something seems to be quite seriously wrong with the program..OMO.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado is very happy with Payne, a good season with two strong transfers coming in and Mya returning. You don’t fire the coach who beat national champion.
You've beaten that "but they beat Stanford" horse to death. Payne is 25-63 (.284) in the Pac 12 in 5 years. That is NOT good. If Colorado is happy with that, more power to them. This last year is the first time they've been decent in conference, .500 record and finished in 6th. Prior to that 9th 3 times and last place once. If they can take a step forward next year, then you could say she's finally getting things going in a positive direction.

Since you like cherry picking results from one game, the last game of their season Colorado got whupped by a team who then fired their coach for being terrible. So there's that.

Reaction Score
Don’t know when contracts end but coaches I would think are in danger:

SEC
Auburn (TFWs 9th yr)
maybe Fl (4th yr) but not sure he’s been there long enough
LSU is not terrible but is that the standard?
Vandy — White may get one more bc of COVID but things have not gone well

BIG
Purdue
Wisconsin
? (5th yr)
Illinois — Nancy Fahey (4th yr) experiment not working but they may give her more time

PAC
Wash — this is her 4th year
Utah?

ACC
None?

B12
Oklahoma?
7/10

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
7/10

Great job picking the ones on critical list this year.

I'm going to jump the gun on 2022. Tina Thompson went under cover when UVA cancelled the season. She signed a five-year deal in 2018, If things don't start showing a rapid tick upwards, UVA might pull the trigger one year ahead of schedule. To the best of my knowledge, her depleted squad will be joined by two Ivy League grad transfers.

I thought of this because two high-visibility assistant coaches with HC experience are in states flanking UVA: GG (Kentucky) and Beth Morgan Cunningham (Duke, who did well as HC at VCU).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
7/10
Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
If I’m understanding how this works, can you add Kevin McGuff to the list next? Seems you’ve got some powers.

I'll never understand how McGuff is getting time at Ohio State when he's performing worse than Foster did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom