Coach K | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Coach K

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
At the end of his rookie year, you can tell me when I'm wrong.
In May 2020, at the end of his rookie year, he will still be a good basketball player.
And after his second season, he will improve more, and still be a good basketball player.

Reaction Score
People in the BY do realize that NBA players are vastly superior to college talent? Has he posted great stats in college? Sure! In one of the best conferences? Sure!

But the step to the next level most people are his size and can match his quickness. He won't be able to bully his way like he does in college. He can't shoot outside the paint (you guy's might not watch NBA, but that is required even for centers these days). He relies on his size to bully opposing bigs while driving. If you think he is going to do that to someone like Embiid, Jokic, Blake, AD, etc., then he has a lot of development left.

He can get there, but I think with his skill set (not a 7 footer and not a dynamic guard) he is going to have a tough time adjusting to the NBA from college / high school.
Dude. Most NBA players played in college, and you can see their stats. Most don't compare to Zion's, and they still went on to the NBA and did fine.

Zion's stats are better than Ebmiid's, ADs, KATs, Anthony Davis'.

Further, the NBA's MVP is potentially going to be Giannis. What's his 3pt%? About 10% lower than Zion's. Why can he get away with that?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
In May 2020, at the end of his rookie year, he will still be a good basketball player.
And after his second season, he will improve more, and still be a good basketball player.

And at the end of his rookie year, maybe I can tell you that you're wrong. Only time will tell.

Reaction Score
K has done less with more than almost any coach in history.

He's also done more than almost any coach in history.

Both can be true. I have a hard time call him overrated when he has 5 NC’s and the most wins in college basketball history. But with the talent he gets every year, he should be achieving more. Last years team started 4 top-10 recruits as well as an All-American (Grayson Allen). They didn’t even make the Final Four. This year’s team had the #1, #2 and #3 recruits in the country, all likely to be top 5 NBA draft picks. Still no Final Four. So can you call him overrated? Most wins in CBB and 5 NC’s tell me no. Has he underachieved several seasons? Absolutely.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But the step to the next level most people are his size and can match his quickness. He won't be able to bully his way like he does in college. He can't shoot outside the paint (you guy's might not watch NBA, but that is required even for centers these days). He relies on his size to bully opposing bigs while driving. If you think he is going to do that to someone like Embiid, Jokic, Blake, AD, etc., then he has a lot of development left.

He'll have to make adjustments for height, but he will already be the biggest player in the league weight-wise on day 1. With athletic ability in a vacuum in the top 5. He's gonna be able to bully.

I said it before above, but I think you underrate what NBA spacing will do for Zion as a player.

I also think his shot is going to improve drastically over the years. He's got really soft hands

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Who in this draft do you believe will have a better NBA career?

Not saying anyone will. Just don't think he's the anointed one like ESPN and sports pundits have made him out to be. He will be fine in the NBA, could be great, but he isn't going into the NBA and setting it on fire like they believe.

Reaction Score
I said it before above, but I think you underrate what NBA spacing will do for Zion as a player.

I also think his shot is going to improve drastically over the years. He's got really soft hands
For all of this "Zion can't shoot 3s" thing, he's shooting it better than Shabazz did as a freshman.

34% isn't great. But it it's better than LeBron has shot many years.

Reaction Score
Sure thing buddy. Give me the glasses you watched his last 3 games with. I wish I saw it like you did.

I watch a lot of NBA, this guy is going to be eaten alive in the association. He let Taco Falls eat him alive. Think about what Embiid, Drummond, KAT or AD will do to him.

He was 32-11-4 against UCF. I'm not sure that anyone "ate him alive."

It seems like you're arguing a point just to argue at this point.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

He has phenomenal hands which will help him a lot

Reaction Score
Not saying anyone will. Just don't think he's the anointed one like ESPN and sports pundits have made him out to be. He will be fine in the NBA, could be great, but he isn't going into the NBA and setting it on fire like they believe.
So how can anyone come and tell you that you are wrong when you are being so incredibly non-committal about what you actual think he would do? What, statistically, does "setting [the NBA] on fire" look like for a 19 year old? Are you expecting him to 21-6-5?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Dude. Most NBA players played in college, and you can see their stats. Most don't compare to Zion's, and they still went on to the NBA and did fine.

Zion's stats are better than Ebmiid's, ADs, KATs, Anthony Davis'.

Further, the NBA's MVP is potentially going to be Giannis. What's his 3pt%? About 10% lower than Zion's. Why can he get away with that?

Because Giannis is shooting more 3's than he has any year before, because he realizes if he wants to be MVP in 5 years he needs to be able to shoot the 3. The game is changing.

Reaction Score
Because Giannis is shooting more 3's than he has any year before, because he realizes if he wants to be MVP in 5 years he needs to be able to shoot the 3. The game is changing.
It's already changed, and he's done just fine shooting 25% from 3. Which is almost 10% points worse than Zion shot this year.

Coin flip to be the MVP this year.

Reaction Score
People in the BY do realize that NBA players are vastly superior to college talent? Has he posted great stats in college? Sure! In one of the best conferences? Sure!

He can get there, but I think with his skill set (not a 7 footer and not a dynamic guard) he is going to have a tough time adjusting to the NBA from college / high school.

You're posting too fast to pick a ridiculous post to respond to. He won't bully people? The only NBA player RIGHT NOW who weighs more than Zion is Boban, who is a literal giant. Think about that.

Ben Simmons won ROY and still doesn't shoot the ball outside of 6 feet. This whole thread is an abomination.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
So how can anyone come and tell you that you are wrong when you are being so incredibly non-committal about what you actual think he would do? What, statistically, does "setting [the NBA] on fire" look like for a 19 year old? Are you expecting him to 21-6-5?

If people are going to put him up there with LeBron, treat him like LeBron and say he's the next LeBron, let me see LeBron numbers.

Reaction Score
Kinda criminal what Coach K did to Cam Reddish this year. Talk about Reddish’s questionable motor all you want, but this kid has insane basketball talent. Coach K turned him from a guy who plays on ball and is an active shot/pass creator and outcasted him to just a catch and shoot 3 point shooter. If I’m Reddish I’m PISSED.
Reddish was also in my opinion Duke’s most consistent and versitile defender, and I never heard coach k praise Cam’s defense. K played favorites

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
You're posting too fast to pick a ridiculous post to respond to. He won't bully people? The only NBA player RIGHT NOW who weighs more than Zion is Boban, who is a literal giant. Think about that.

Ben Simmons won ROY and still doesn't shoot the ball outside of 6 feet. This whole thread is an abomination.

True, and NBA analysts say if he doesn't learn how to shoot he won't be able to take that next step.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

lol

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kinda criminal what Coach K did to Cam Reddish this year. Talk about Reddish’s questionable motor all you want, but this kid has insane basketball talent. Coach K turned him from a guy who plays on ball and is an active shot/pass creator and outcasted him to just a catch and shoot 3 point shooter. If I’m Reddish I’m PISSED.
Reddish was also in my opinion Duke’s most consistent and versitile defender, and I never heard coach k praise Cam’s defense. K played favorites

Standard problem with a bunch of stars on one team. Only one ball. Especially so if you are a ball dominant player.

Who do you want with the ball? Zion, Barrett, or Reddish? I'll take the first two any day. And not because Reddish is lacking.

Reaction Score
If people are going to put him up there with LeBron, treat him like LeBron and say he's the next LeBron, let me see LeBron numbers.
So you're argument, one that literally no one is debating with you, is that if he isn't putting number just like LeBron's he "isn't a good basketball player"?

Again, people are disagreeing with you because you say Zion isn't a good basketball player. You told everyone to come and tell you that you are wrong at the end of the season.

And your standard for being wrong--for admitting that Zion is a good basketball player--is him matching the stats of one of the 2 or 3 best players ever?

Do you get how insane and unreasonable that is? It's not worth debating you at all, because your standards for admitting defeat are completely out of line with the facts of the statement everyone is taking you to task for making. Literally only two or three players ever meet your standards of a good player.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Simmons is not even the most talented player on his team, BTW. So if that is you comp player wise...

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
So you're argument, one that literally no one is debating with you, is that if he isn't putting number just like LeBron's he "isn't a good basketball player"?

Again, people are disagreeing with you because you say Zion isn't a good basketball player. You told everyone to come and tell you that you are wrong at the end of the season.

And your standard for being wrong--for admitting that Zion is a good basketball player--is him matching the stats of one of the 2 or 3 best players ever?

Do you get how insane and unreasonable that is? It's not worth debating you at all, because your standards for admitting defeat are completely out of line with the facts of the statement everyone is taking you to task for making. Literally only two or three players ever meet your standards of a good player.

You don't anoint someone a king and then make him a prince.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom