Clingan update 1/1/24 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Clingan update 1/1/24

Reaction Score
I was at the game tonight and I was watching Clingan on his movements around the court warming up and shooting.

I noticed that he walks on the outside of his feet. He puts a lot of weight on the outside of his feet while the inside of his feet are almost curled up off the ground. It's weird, but could that be a reason for the feet and ankle issues that he is having.
Just watched the video of him shooting 3’s. I see what you mean. Looks like he could roll it over real easy.

Reaction Score
I like to remember posts like this when people complain about other fans bases.

Should this win not count?
Never said that. I’m saying we need DC back. Samson, who I love, is not enough of a presence and spends half the game in foul trouble. This is not a controversial take.

Reaction Score
We won that game with exceptional guard play. We played small-ball much of that game. The second half was much better but let’s not act like we’re beating Marquette without an interior presence.
So your point is that without a 7’2” lottery pick we’re not as good a team, and aren’t without him playing like a team that’s a reasonable contender to win a championship? Why that’s brilliant. I am so thankful you pointed that out to everyone.

We just picked up a Quad One win on the road without DC. The goal without DC is not to look like we can win a championship without him. The goal is to win enough games that we can still make a run at the conference championship and a high national seed when he returns.

Said another way — please stop whining about good wins.

Reaction Score
Never said that. I’m saying we need DC back. Samson, who I love, is not enough of a presence and spends half the game in foul trouble. This is not a controversial take.

“We only won that game because we did a thing we do well” are always the silliest takes. We don’t play Marquette until the middle of February.

Reaction Score
We won that game with exceptional guard play. We played small-ball much of that game. The second half was much better but let’s not act like we’re beating Marquette without an interior presence.
Wait, your saying that we're not as good without our best player ?
An interior presence isn't going to materialize out of thin air, so until DC comes back you should probably get used to this.
We play Marquette in mid february.

Reaction Score
I was at the game tonight and I was watching Clingan on his movements around the court warming up and shooting.

I noticed that he walks on the outside of his feet. He puts a lot of weight on the outside of his feet while the inside of his feet are almost curled up off the ground. It's weird, but could that be a reason for the feet and ankle issues that he is having.
No, it’s more likely he’s walking like that because of the injury and avoiding putting full pressure on a portion of his injured foot.

Reaction Score
No, it’s more likely he’s walking like that because of the injury and avoiding putting full pressure on a portion of his injured foot.

He is doing it with both feet, not just one.

If it was only the hurt one, I'd understand a little but if it still hurts that much that you are having to walk that way to ensure it doesn't hurt, that isn't good.

But again he does it with both feet.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's been very clear all season that he hasn't been himself. I really hope he can get truly healthy. We haven't seen the best of him yet and when we do, the whole country will know it.
Very hard to do mid season. I much rather be overly cautious on this than overly optimistic. He has played courageously this season, but sometimes it is best to just shut it down and come back next season. As for Hurley and injuries, I have no idea, How much is put out there to confuse the opponent? How much is just being optimistic? And how much not to worry scouts? Since none of us know the details of his injury, it is anyone’s guess.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I noticed the same. Mostly right foot. Injury may be on the inside of the foot and he's favoring that side.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Interesting to note, I think everyone can agree clingan hasn’t yet played anywhere near what he’s capable of. Yet, he’s still 20th in torvik’s player of the year rankings despite an injury-riddled, somewhat up and down start to the season… a reality check on the level of ability and impact we’re talking about with this young man.

Reaction Score
Obviously, the staff knows best, and shoot-around effort is less than game effort, but why is DC even out there putting any pressure on the foot until he’s fully healed?

Reaction Score
Obviously, the staff knows best, and shoot-around effort is less than game effort, but why is DC even out there putting any pressure on the foot until he’s fully healed?

Do you know better than his surgeons? Our athletic training staff? Donovan himself?

Putting appropriate stress on an injury is part of the healing process.

Please stop. This is just silly.

Reaction Score
Do you know better than his surgeons? Our athletic training staff? Donovan himself?

First, read the first five words of my post.
Second, I prefer your outlook to mine.
Third, but given that DC already has a history of foot issues, to say the thought “is just silly” is naive.

Reaction Score
First, read the first five words of my post.
Second, I prefer your outlook to mine.
Third, but given that DC already has a history of foot issues, to say the thought “is just silly” is naive.

I read your post. Saying "I trust the staff, BUT..." negates the first part of your statement.

It is silly. He would be in a boot and not moving if that was necessary.medical treatment. He isn't in a boot, and he's moving.. so it's clearly not necessary for him to be immobile.

This isn't that hard to understand.

Reaction Score
Let's get him back healthy irrespective of the time it takes. Let's get it right.

In the meantime. His posse is holding down the fort and winning games.

Reaction Score
Just repeat what his father said. They know what they're doing.

Reaction Score

This. I don't know the exact nature or severity of the injury but as an example, a torn ACL used to mean a month plus of complete immobilization in a cast. Now they have you moving it hours after surgery. Could he injure it again? Sure. He originally injured when there was not prior injury. Relax, there are pros on the case.

Reaction Score
I read your post. Saying "I trust the staff, BUT..." negates the first part of your statement.

It is silly. He would be in a boot and not moving if that was necessary.medical treatment. He isn't in a boot, and he's moving.. so it's clearly not necessary for him to be immobile.

This isn't that hard to understand.
To quote Ricky Bobby, “with all due respect ….”

Reaction Score
DC Good luck with rehab.
Followed you whole career and know you have the discipline to do what's right and make the necessary sacrifices.
We need all the bullets that we have and you deserve to be a big part of what we accomplish in 2024.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom