Clingan update 1/1/24 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clingan update 1/1/24

Reaction Score
Bulk comes from diet. I always find it funny when folks (usually women) talk about "not wanting to bulk" if they touch a 10lb dumb bell or squat the bar. It is SO HARD to gain significant muscle mass. Natty body builders work at it for years to show moderate growth. I've lifted 3x or more a week for 20 years and can't gain more than a couple pounds unless I go hard on calories and protein.

Basketball players definitely lift heavy though, particularly in the off-season. If you want to get strong, you need to lift heavy. There's no way around it.

College basketball programs aren't going to be having guys do olympic lifts or anything. Even deadlifts are off the table in many programs. But big compound movements like squats, cleans, trap bar deadlifts, presses, etc. are a part of the game.

Im shooting for 200g a day and it’s a struggle! I would have never thought eating a lot (albeit relatively healthy) could be so difficult. But then again the gains are worth it.
I find it easy to get fat

Reaction Score

Attachments

• IMG_0787.jpeg
    IMG_0787.jpeg
    22.3 KB · Views: 60

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Something nasty is going around. I got it a few weeks ago and a lot of my friends did too. Was hard to find the energy to even get out of bed for 1-2 days
Just finishing battling covid myself, and been out of it since New Years.

Reaction Score
Something nasty is going around. I got it a few weeks ago and a lot of my friends did too. Was hard to find the energy to even get out of bed for 1-2 days
There was norovirus going around CT. We went down to visit family in CT on 12/16 and we found out that almost everyone there had it the week before. 30-36 hours later and almost all of us visiting had it too. Was not pleasant and took 3-4 days to get back to feeling normal.

Reaction Score
Im shooting for 200g a day and it’s a struggle! I would have never thought eating a lot (albeit relatively healthy) could be so difficult. But then again the gains are worth it.
Getting enough healthy calories is hard. Getting calories is easy. Have a Frappuccino and baconator. Lol

It’s almost impossible to get enough protein for me without at least 1 protein shake a day. Sometimes 2

Reaction Score
I can confirm this, it’s pretty intense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
These days you're hard pressed to find a high school athlete that isn't lifting. Did I time travel to the '60s?
This isn’t totally relevant but I love the story: had a buddy at UConn in a strength training program. One of the professors had been at Penn St. back in the later Paterno days when he was just a figurehead. Paterno apparently had a VERY antiquated view of weight lifting to the point that the whole weight room would pretend to switch to his “program” whenever he walked in the weight room and then when he left, everyone would go right back to the real weight program.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just finishing battling covid myself, and been out of it since New Years.
You realize it's Dec 28th, right? ;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This isn’t totally relevant but I love the story: had a buddy at UConn in a strength training program. One of the professors had been at Penn St. back in the later Paterno days when he was just a figurehead. Paterno apparently had a VERY antiquated view of weight lifting to the point that the whole weight room would pretend to switch to his “program” whenever he walked in the weight room and then when he left, everyone would go right back to the real weight program.

He also had very antiquated views on abuse.

Reaction Score
He was big into using machines right? I think the complains were that players weren’t even squatting/benching/anything like that and it was getting obvious on the field during the early 2000’s

Reaction Score
He was big into using machines right? I think the complains were that players weren’t even squatting/benching/anything like that and it was getting obvious on the field during the early 2000’s
If I remember correctly, what I was told was it was every, the sets were 1 set to failure.

Reaction Score
I was at the game tonight and I was watching Clingan on his movements around the court warming up and shooting.

I noticed that he walks on the outside of his feet. He puts a lot of weight on the outside of his feet while the inside of his feet are almost curled up off the ground. It's weird, but could that be a reason for the feet and ankle issues that he is having.

Reaction Score
You say that like freaking out mid-game is the preferable road to take.
We won that game with exceptional guard play. We played small-ball much of that game. The second half was much better but let’s not act like we’re beating Marquette without an interior presence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom