Clingan update 1/1/24 | The Boneyard

Clingan update 1/1/24

Reaction Score
Happy New Year to all yarders!
Happy and eager to put my 1st post up only because i wish him speedy recovery and remain healthy for the rest of the reason! He is what this team cannot afford to lose. Looks like my prayer is answered and he is on its way back.

Reaction Score
I also invite you to watch 22-minute long video of UConn 2023 season for I watch too many times.

Keep you focus on Clingan of last season to run up and down the court for alley-oops and block shots is a thing of beauty. I want DC to work his way back to this form of himself.

Reaction Score
DC keep up the recovery work. Do what you need to do with weight and exercise. Your biggest fan.

Reaction Score
Keep you focus on Clingan of last season to run up and down the court for alley-oops and block shots is a thing of beauty

Yeah it's been very clear all season that he hasn't been himself. I really hope he can get truly healthy. We haven't seen the best of him yet and when we do, the whole country will know it.

Reaction Score
I also invite you to watch 22-minute long video of UConn 2023 season for I watch too many times.

Keep you focus on Clingan of last season to run up and down the court for alley-oops and block shots is a thing of beauty. I want DC to work his way back to this form of himself.

He was also dunking freaking everything. I've seen far to many layups this season, like he doesn't want to get "up". He also does look lighter in that video. Did he gain 25+ lbs this offseason?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He was also dunking freaking everything. I've seen far to many layups this season, like he doesn't want to get "up". He also does look lighter in that video. Did he gain 25+ lbs this offseason?

Yes he did. Somewhere between 20-25 lbs. And it wasn't "good" weight.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes he did. Somewhere between 20-25 lbs. And it wasn't "good" weight.
I still want to clarify it did seem like it was because of the injury. Not because he wasn’t putting in the work over the summer.

Which is what is upsetting me about this injury.

But that’s just my observation without any inside information that others may have.

Reaction Score
injury aside, I just hope he can recover fully from the championship party summer tour

Reaction Score
I hate to be a downer but as I said in the beginning of the season, once these big man foot injuries start they can become a chronic problem if not handled well. Can’t say he was rushed back but it’s seems like a reasonable assessment that it is structurally compromised and prone to reinjury especially when under periods of heavy use with limited rest and recovery. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is out 8 weeks or more. If/when he does come back, court time is going to be incremental and if the slightest tweak occurs he’s gone for the year. Let’s how he comes back strong and healed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Late in the radio broadcast, Crispino said something to the effect of “don’t take this as gospel, but after speaking to Clingan, it still might be several weeks” after Clingan supposedly compared his injury to an NBA player that took about 5 weeks to come back from something similar.

Reaction Score

If Samson keeps improving and i must say hes showing flashes of being really, really good very soon and DC gets back to 100% and is running the floor like that you might as well mail the championship trophy to Storrs now because its over. There isnt a team in the country that can deal with that.

caw

Reaction Score
If Samson keeps improving and i must say hes showing flashes of being really, really good very soon and DC gets back to 100% and is running the floor like that you might as well mail the championship trophy to Storrs now because its over. There isnt a team in the country that can deal with that.

Samson used his springs today on defense to show devastatingly quick he is off the ground and how high he gets. Through in those quick shots from 5-8 feet he’s taking now and he’s killing it. Just needs to work on his rebounding and he will be a hell of a player.

He’s pretty good at passing to cutters also.

Reaction Score
Late in the radio broadcast, Crispino said something to the effect of “don’t take this as gospel, but after speaking to Clingan, it still might be several weeks” after Clingan supposedly compared his injury to an NBA player that took about 5 weeks to come back from something similar.
They have to be extra careful with him, if he were to have another foot injury I would imagine he's shut down for the season.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I really hope we get to see this team whole by the middle of February. With the way SJ looks and how much SC is going to improve I agree with a few of the other posters, this team is dangerous. I don’t think we are going to see DC until mid February. And I am ok with that. He has to put himself first. I hope that does not mean sitting out the rest of the season but those decisions have to be based on what’s best for him long term.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom