2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Any chance we can open up 2 spots in the front court for Cliff and Javonte Brown Ferguson to not redshirt?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any chance we can open up 2 spots in the front court for Cliff and Javonte Brown Ferguson to not redshirt?

Javonte Brown Ferguson is not redshirting. And I think we will have Al’s scholarship and probably one or two more.

Reaction Score
The broom is out.

Yep,needs to happen.

I was on the Carlton bandwagon last year and posted that he’d be first team his senior year if his progression continued this year and then into next. This is clearly not happening and weight gain has nothing to do with it. Last year may have been close to the top of his improvement.

I thought we may had found some hidden gold but unfortunately it was pyrite.

Let’s get Cliff on campus.

Reaction Score
I don't usually say this stuff publicly, but I know it's probably on a lot of people's minds - but if it doesn't look like Hurley is pushing Josh right out the door, I don't know what else that would look like. He's kinda played himself there - but between the chewings and bench trains to oblivion to calling him out now in press conferences it just looks like Hurley's done with him.

Reaction Score
I don't usually say this stuff publicly, but I know it's probably on a lot of people's minds - but if it doesn't look like Hurley is pushing Josh right out the door, I don't know what else that would look like. He's kinda played himself there - but between the chewings and bench trains to oblivion to calling him out now in press conferences it just looks like Hurley's done with him.

You may be right. Carlton came on so strong last year I was one of those rooting for him who believed he'd be special this year. He deserved the MIP award, so what happened?

Reaction Score
This may be a hot take but from the footage I’ve seen I’ve been more impressed with Sanogo than cliff. Think it’s crucial we start getting on Sanogo hard to reclass. The Cliff situation looks like an uphill battle at the moment.

Sanogo is a quintessential Jim Calhoun big. Pure rebounder. I think Cliff is more talented but Sanogo would be more effective for us. The blue bloods will come knocking soon.

Reaction Score
Does anybody still think that Carlton will stop anybody from coming here?
A talented freshman like Cliff or Sanogo? Probably not although you never know.

A grad transfer like Jordan Bruner? Absolutely having Josh would likely be a deterrent imo. I think a grad transfer would still view Carlton as a threat for minutes. He’s prevented us from getting grad transfer centers the last couple years.

Reaction Score
This may be a hot take but from the footage I’ve seen I’ve been more impressed with Sanogo than cliff. Think it’s crucial we start getting on Sanogo hard to reclass. The Cliff situation looks like an uphill battle at the moment.

Sanogo is a quintessential Jim Calhoun big. Pure rebounder. I think Cliff is more talented but Sanogo would be more effective for us. The blue bloods will come knocking soon.

yeah, it is almost February. If we aren’t in Cliff’s top 2 right now, we should focus elsewhere. For the record, I have no idea where we stand with cliff.

Reaction Score
I have the utmost confidence in reading a couple of guys assessments and that game in Springfield had Ricker wondering a little about Cliff. If you're watching a lot of college basketball you will notice many of the good teams have grad transfers impacting their year or transfers who sat out a year. We need immediate impact at least from one of the schollies available because I can't stand watching this crap and it will be worst in the BE. Not saying no to Cliff obviously but let's land impact and shooting please before anything else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think if we see Cliff at any upcoming home games we will have our answer on whether or not we are in good position with him.

pj

Reaction Score
Hurley is fully demonstrating that there is ample amounts of playing time at the 5. It’s obvious.

Very possible that he's intentionally demonstrating that not only to Cliff, but also Javonte, who might be concerned about playing time if Cliff were recruited over him. But if Carlton and Whaley are both leaving, there's a ton of time for both Cliff and Javonte right from the get-go.

Reaction Score
Hurley is fully demonstrating that there is ample amounts of playing time at the 5. It’s obvious.

I didn’t think of this but it makes perfect sense. Also makes me think maybe we are on another center for 2020 because Cliff looks less and less likely.

Reaction Score
Very possible that he's intentionally demonstrating that not only to Cliff, but also Javonte, who might be concerned about playing time if Cliff were recruited over him. But if Carlton and Whaley are both leaving, there's a ton of time for both Cliff and Javonte right from the get-go.

There is zero chance that a coach designs his in-game strategy to make a recruiting pitch. That said, no big man recruit should be remotely concerned about playing time.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think of this but it makes perfect sense. Also makes me think maybe we are on another center for 2020 because Cliff looks less and less likely.
If they miss on Cliff my guess is that look at the grad transfer option at center. Hard to imagine any recruit from the 2020 class can come in and make an immediate impact that the team needs. They’re already bringing in a developmental guy in Javonte Brown Ferguson, they need a big whose ready to play from day one. Really curious to see what Springs can provide next season as well. Modest production offensively, along with good defense, and some rebounding would go a long way.

Reaction Score
If they miss on Cliff my guess is that look at the grad transfer option at center. Hard to imagine any recruit from the 2020 class can come in and make an immediate impact that the team needs. They’re already bringing in a developmental guy in Javonte Brown Ferguson, they need a big whose ready to play from day one. Really curious to see what Springs can provide next season as well. Modest production offensively, along with good defense, and some rebounding would go a long way.
Has there been any updates on how Springs has been doing in practice so far?

Reaction Score
I pray we land a 5 who can make an immediate impact, but if it isn't to be, I think a Cole/Bouk/Sid/Springs/Akok line-up could do some serious damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom