2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curious because I never saw, but who was the “big fish” or something along those lines that I believe Bfield mentioned? Did we ever find out?

Reaction Score
This would be huge. Any word on when he plans to make his decision?

Reaction Score
Staff is pushing hard but still very, very outside chance. I’m telling ya guys you’re underestimating the effect of us essentially already having penciled in a starting C next year with another high potential C coming in. All of these other programs other than Kentucky would give him immediate minutes.

Reaction Score
ASU, and Rutgers are the main competitors I have to think

Reaction Score
Staff is pushing hard but still very, very outside chance. I’m telling ya guys you’re underestimating the effect of us essentially already having penciled in a starting C next year with another high potential C coming in. All of these other programs other than Kentucky would give him immediate minutes.
I've tried to say this in other threads. I know a lot of you will say he'll easily start over Carlton but the fact that Josh has been a 3 year starter means there will at least be a competition for minutes. Cliff needs a clear path to starting here, like CLEAR clear, because Auburn, ASU and Rutgers all can offer that, and Kentucky is Kentucky.
My prediction is if we land Cliff, Josh will not be on the team next year. (sorry if that breaks BY rules)

Reaction Score
I've tried to say this in other threads. I know a lot of you will say he'll easily start over Carlton but the fact that Josh has been a 3 year starter means there will at least be a competition for minutes. Cliff needs a clear path to starting here, like CLEAR clear, because Auburn, ASU and Rutgers all can offer that, and Kentucky is Kentucky.
My prediction is if we land Cliff, Josh will not be on the team next year. (sorry if that breaks BY rules)

You’re right. Omoruyi will be a better college player than Carlton but I HIGHLY doubt he’ll start over him as a freshman. Omoruyi very well also might be a better college player than Ferguson but a lot of kids nowadays don’t like competition. I would take Cliff in a second but I’m just not sure things will line up.

Reaction Score
Then Hurley needs to make that path clear. Doesn't mean moving Carlton out. Means garaunting him minutes. Starters role.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We would give him immediate minutes. I love Carlton but he is clearly a system misfit. We need to be a running, uptempo, high possession team. Cliff is a much better fit with the cast we will have next year.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Rutgers: “Coach (Steve) Pikiell and Coach (Brandin) Knight have been around since day one. Coach Pikeill has said that you don’t have to go and leave New Jersey to get what you need academically and athletically. Knowing that they have dealt with engineering majors in the past and currently is a good thing.

Dammit, I knew we should have reviewed his course schedule with him.

Reaction Score
Then Hurley needs to make that path clear. Doesn't mean moving Carlton out. Means garaunting him minutes. Starters role.
Agreed. Not saying force Carlton to transfer, if Josh really wants to be a bench guy his senior year here that would be awesome. If he decides it is in his best interest to get starters minutes elsewhere for his last year I would be very happy for Josh.

Reaction Score
What on earth are you guys talking about? Cliff will be starting here if he comes here, his path is about as clear as it gets.
The Green Fidelity path straight to UConn.

Reaction Score
We would give him immediate minutes. I love Carlton but he is clearly a system misfit. We need to be a running, uptempo, high possession team. Cliff is a much better fit with the cast we will have next year.

Not saying he isn’t a better fit. However I have a problem with saying a 4 star recruit that hasn’t played a minute of college ball would get more minutes than a 4th year player who can give us 10 and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom