2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not saying he isn’t a better fit. However I have a problem with saying a 4 star recruit that hasn’t played a minute of college ball would get more minutes than a 4th year player who can give us 10 and 6.
Carlton's 10/7 numbers look WAY better than his actual impact this season. He has the worst box plus/minus of anyone on the team getting decent minutes. The only reason he's still playing a lot is because we have no other options.

Reaction Score
Not saying he isn’t a better fit. However I have a problem with saying a 4 star recruit that hasn’t played a minute of college ball would get more minutes than a 4th year player who can give us 10 and 6.
I understand the sentiment but if we got Kofi, he’d be starting over the reigning Conference MIP. And it’s not like Carleton has solidified his position so far this year. Different recruits/players but some players are just better. Precious and Kofi would both be starting for us no matter who were starters last year. I think Cliff is that type of recruit.

Reaction Score
Staff is pushing hard but still very, very outside chance. I’m telling ya guys you’re underestimating the effect of us essentially already having penciled in a starting C next year with another high potential C coming in. All of these other programs other than Kentucky would give him immediate minutes.
Cliff would absolutely start next year if he signed. He has to know that. Carlton is a back up and Ferguson while talented is likely not going to be an immediate impact and really needs to put on some weight and strength. Cliff is built like hes ready to play right now. Hope he we pull him in because we need a player like him going into the NBE.

Reaction Score
Kofi says hello.

Hurley knows how huge of a miss Kofi was, If Cliff doesn't come here it certainly won't be because he's scared of Josh Carlton.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hurley would tell him there's minutes here if he earns them. I'm sure he knows he's better than Carlton, itll come down to what other schools are offering him.

Reaction Score
What do we think is, a two-year college player? Three-year player? I'm assuming he's not likely a one-and-done.

Reaction Score
We sound like Syracuse fans, “So and so is looking elsewhere because he know he won’t get minutes here...”

Reaction Score
Who’s giving up the scholarship? I thought we were all out of scholarships for next season

Reaction Score
What do we think is, a two-year college player? Three-year player? I'm assuming he's not likely a one-and-done.
Cliff is either a 1 or 2 year player, barring unforeseen circumstances. And he'd absolutely, 100% start over anyone projected to be on next year's roster. Not only would Cliff at least match Carlton's current output, but Hurley would be sending a strong message to other high level recruits.

Reaction Score
Cliff is either a 1 or 2 year player, barring unforeseen circumstances. And he'd absolutely, 100% start over anyone projected to be on next year's roster. Not only would Cliff at least match Carlton's current output, but Hurley would be sending a strong message to other high level recruits.

Is he better than rankings indicate? He’s ranked #48 at 247. I don’t doubt he’d start here, by the way. His rankings don’t scream one-and-done to me, but I assume plenty of people here know more than me.

Reaction Score
Is he better than rankings indicate? He’s ranked #48 at 247. I don’t doubt he’d start here, by the way. His rankings don’t scream one-and-done to me, but I assume plenty of people here know more than me.
Same, I'll defer to the recruiting experts on whether he's under or over rated. That said, guys as fixated on Kentucky as he is usually don't envision themselves as 4 year players. Strikes me as the kind of guy who'd leave after 2 years even if not projected to be high lottery

Reaction Score
Guys, the fact that Hurley is recruiting him this hard says all you need to know about what Hurley thinks of the center position as of right now. I don’t think minutes is gonna be an issue.... also, the “lack of scholarships” is not gonna be an issue either. If he can get talent, he will take it. Cliff is an absolute need. No clue if they can land him recruiting against Auburn (and if Kentucky actually offers) but it’s worth the shot. This team really could use an athletic rim running big like him.

Reaction Score
Same, I'll defer to the recruiting experts on whether he's under or over rated. That said, guys as fixated on Kentucky as he is usually don't envision themselves as 4 year players. Strikes me as the kind of guy who'd leave after 2 years even if not projected to be high lottery

He probably doesn’t see himself as a four-year player. Of course, he seems more fixated on Kentucky than they are fixated on him, from what I can tell. None of this is being down on him; it’s more me hoping we get two years of Cliff, Bouk, and Akok. I can dream, right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Firstly, if he is not a one and done, Kentucky isn't taking him because the Squid needs a big who is can step in and get big numbers - not sure he will play games with a 2 or 3 yr kid.
I don't see this kid to be any where near a one and done
Would he start next year over JC? that's a tough situation that DH has to face - he is sending two different messages if he does or he doesn't. Really tough call.
He is not Kofi and Kofi has been somewhat erratic but a better player at the same stage vs Cliff.
My bet is ASU right now with Rutgers a close 2nd and UConn distant 3rd
Things may change but I don't see JC sitting or leaving

Reaction Score

No big in the last decade has been able to give us more than 20 minutes consistently. There's plenty of time available for 2 bigs. At 25 minutes, they foul out.

Reaction Score

10 and 6 on 3-10 shooting, with 3 of those rebounds being his own missed bunnies. It's efficiency, not counting stats.

Reaction Score
Staff is pushing hard but still very, very outside chance. I’m telling ya guys you’re underestimating the effect of us essentially already having penciled in a starting C next year with another high potential C coming in. All of these other programs other than Kentucky would give him immediate minutes.

So I think we can find him some minutes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No big in the last decade has been able to give us more than 20 minutes consistently. There's plenty of time available for 2 bigs. At 25 minutes, they foul out.

Yes, sure. But we theoretically have Carlton, Javonte Brown Ferguson, Whaley, Springs, Akok and Cliff who can all only play 4-5. Somebody would have to go. Akok needs a lot of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom