2020 Recruiting: - Cliff Omoruyi Top 5 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Cliff Omoruyi Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Minutes are not a problem here for Cliff.

You can convince yourself of that. What Cliff will see if a senior who has started the past 3 seasons and another incoming C that Hurley really likes. I don’t understand how anyone is saying minutes won’t be problem for him if he’s never played a second of college ball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You can convince yourself of that. What Cliff will see if a senior who has started the past 3 seasons and another incoming C that Hurley really likes. I don’t understand how anyone is saying minutes won’t be problem for him if he’s never played a second of college ball.
They'll make great backups to the best center out of that group.

Reaction Score
Cliff should have no concern with Javonte Brown Ferguson. You haven't seen them both play if you do.

Cliff is better than Carlton. He needs a summer to learn the system and he will fit in 100x better. You're not looking at 2019-2020 Carlton if you think otherwise.

Reaction Score
If he has watched the games and talked to hurley that’s how he can be sure, your over thinking it

Reaction Score
He's from NJ right? They have a good engineering school, and their basketball team is currently better than ours.
That’s pretty sad when Rutgers is better than us. But such is the current state of UConn hoops.

Reaction Score
They'll make great backups to the best center out of that group.

Repeating that is not going to make it true. You cannot tell me Cliff is already the best center of the group when one of them will be a senior and one hasn’t stepped foot on a college court yet. You’re talking as if Cliff has already earned the most minutes which is ridiculous.

Cliff should have no concern with Javonte Brown Ferguson. You haven't seen them both play if you do.

Cliff is better than Carlton. He needs a summer to learn the system and he will fit in 100x better. You're not looking at 2019-2020 Carlton if you think otherwise.

SHOULD have no concern. But you clearly don’t get how current recruits think nowadays. Kids want immediate playing time guaranteed, not having to beat out two others for time. Cliff would not be guaranteed anything here even if he is by far the best long term player. Rutgers is probably guaranteeing a starting spot and 30 minutes a game...recruits like to hear that stuff.

Reaction Score
Repeating that is not going to make it true. You cannot tell me Cliff is already the best center of the group when one of them will be a senior and one hasn’t stepped foot on a college court yet. You’re talking as if Cliff has already earned the most minutes which is ridiculous.

SHOULD have no concern. But you clearly don’t get how current recruits think nowadays. Kids want immediate playing time guaranteed, not having to beat out two others for time. Cliff would not be guaranteed anything here even if he is by far the best long term player. Rutgers is probably guaranteeing a starting spot and 30 minutes a game...recruits like to hear that stuff.
This is really weird. Really good freshmen start over bad seniors all the time everywhere around the country. When everyone thinks you aren't making any sense it's probably time to give it up.

C

Chief00

Minutes won’t be a problem - book it. There is more of a willingness now for Hurley to go with youth given the experience of the last two seasons. Going with those who have “experience” with losing, Dan has learned, has a downside too. Most importantly, there are unsaid understandings in recruiting top targets - they aren’t stupid and there’s a reason we are all in on Cliff, and it’s not to sit him in a timeout corner.

Reaction Score
Minutes won’t be a problem - book it. There is more of a willingness now for Hurley to go with youth given the experience of the last two seasons. Going with those who have “experience” with losing, Dan has learned, has a downside too. Most importantly, there are unsaid understandings in recruiting top targets - they aren’t stupid and there’s a reason we are all in on Cliff, and it’s not to sit him in a timeout corner.

“There’s a reason we’re all in on Cliff and it’s not to sit him in a timeout corner.” LMAO. Idk why people can’t wrap their head around this. Look at a similar type of recruit from last year, Kofi, and the season he’s having as a freshmen. Recruits aren’t stupid, he literally said in his quote that UConn needs him... if he’s considerinf a school like Kentucky (even tho I don’t think they’ve offered yet) worrying about playing time is not a concern for him here.

Reaction Score
This is really weird. Really good freshmen start over bad seniors all the time everywhere around the country. When everyone thinks you aren't making any sense it's probably time to give it up.

You’re right it is time to give up. This will be my last post on the matter. Just remember recruits see ANY competition as competition. Cliff will not come here, sit back, take it easy in practice and get meaningful minutes. He will have to beat out 2 others C’s for minutes even if he is a more talented player than them. And some players don’t like to have to earn their minutes. Rant over carry on go Huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
You’re right it is time to give up. This will be my last post on the matter. Just remember recruits see ANY competition as competition. Cliff will not come here, sit back, take it easy in practice and get meaningful minutes. He will have to beat out 2 others C’s for minutes even if he is a more talented player than them. And some players don’t like to have to earn their minutes. Rant over carry on go Huskies!!!!
dude every team has other players

Reaction Score
You are speaking as if you know all recruits and what they are thinking, your overgeneralizing about “today’s players”

Reaction Score

Myles Johnson is only a Sophomore and has been one of the best players on Rutgers this year. They also already have a 6'10 PF/C incoming recruit. It's actually a pretty similar situation to ours, except Johnson has been way better than Carlton...

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He's from NJ right? They have a good engineering school, and their basketball team is currently better than ours.
And I've heard that their staff have coached players who made millions in the NBA, so there's that.

Reaction Score

I struggle to understand what you are saying recruits think. No team is voluntarily going into next season with only 1 player who can play the 5. Everyone will have at least 2, and many want 3. Where does Cliff (or anyone else) think he's going where no one is going to compete with him for minutes? The only rational question is where can he get minutes, and if he would like to go to Kentucky -- putting aside whether he is good enough to play there or not -- he can't view Josh Carlton as a threat (whether he is or not).

Reaction Score
Is there a conversation with Whaley after season on lack of playing time for him next season? Seems like a waste of a scholarship going into next year. Has to be a common ground on what’s best for program and player.
So you are really proposing we should boot him out of the program as he is entering his senior year? That's beyond harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom