Clemson says 'Peace Out!' to the ACC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Clemson says 'Peace Out!' to the ACC

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm not a lawyer, but it is bizarre. That said, not having a copy of a contract doesn't invalidate a contract. Still, I would think that large state entities would require a copy of a contract for audits, etc.

It can invalidate the contract, unless all the parties agreed in advance that the only contract would be at the ACC office, in which case I am willing to bet there are no statutes or cases covering something this ridiculous. Why would anyone set up such an absurd situation?

Reaction Score
Benedict knows that the ACC is actually (and ultimately) the best and most likely landing spot for us once the dust settles.
it depends on how much annual tv revenue a conference of 7 to 11 ACC leftovers plus UConn would be worth. the ACC and Big12 are getting around $30 mill per year per school now. Assuming the ACC loses at least FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC and its Notre Dame alliance, what is that worth? $10 million per year per school at most? if the next BE deal goes up by a million or two per year per school then we CANNOT risk the best bball program in the country for an extra 2-3 million per year.

Reaction Score
it depends on how much annual tv revenue a conference of 7 to 11 ACC leftovers plus UConn would be worth. the ACC and Big12 are getting around $30 mill per year per school now. Assuming the ACC loses at least FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC and its Notre Dame alliance, what is that worth? $10 million per year per school at most? if the next BE deal goes up by a million or two per year per school then we CANNOT risk the best bball program in the country for an extra 2-3 million per year.
Have to add in football money. This will probably change but it will be more than $350,000.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think we stay in the Big East even if it’s for less money bc leadership still has AAC nightmares. I just pray it doesn’t turn into a thing where there’s no real competition, and the conversation in conference becomes UConn doesn’t belong here. There’s going to be complaints about us being a large state school with public money playing all these small private catholic schools.

Reaction Score
The NC Board of Trustees certainly made a lot of noise to that effect.

Not sure everyone believes they will actually enforce that when the offers come in for UNC and not for State. But we'll see, I guess.
The only reason VaTech is in the ACC was because of Virginia politics. Why wouldn’t they protect them again?

Reaction Score
I think we stay in the Big East even if it’s for less money bc leadership still has AAC nightmares. I just pray it doesn’t turn into a thing where there’s no real competition, and the conversation in conference becomes UConn doesn’t belong here. There’s going to be complaints about us being a large state school with public money playing all these small private catholic schools.
Big East hoops isn't going away. Just look at what Georgetown, Nova, Marquette, Johnnies spend on hoops.

Reaction Score
It depends on how much annual tv revenue a conference of ACC leftovers plus UConn would be worth. if the next BE deal goes up by a million or two per year per school then we CANNOT risk the best bball program in the country for an extra 2-3 million per year.
It’s more about saving our football program. Ultimately we’ll take the ACC over the BE.

Reaction Score
Isn't that the point of a GOR?
If the point is to penalize teams trying to exit it wouldn't be enforceable. The ACC will never admit it's a penalty, their defense would go up in flames.

Reaction Score
Big East hoops isn't going away. Just look at what Georgetown, Nova, Marquette, Johnnies spend on hoops.
It’s not going away, just going farther away from the real money conferences. It’s not right but it’s the sports cesspool we live in.

Reaction Score
Since it was public knowledge that the agreement was signed, wouldn't there be an applicable statute of limitations on challenging it?
In a situation like this the limitations period might not even begin to run until it would be enforced. To your point, that may be another reason why FSU and Clemson didn't wait around to file suit.

Reaction Score
Clemson, FSU et al will at some point sort itself out. Will the ACC go the way of the Pac 12? Probably. Importantly, in the meantime, where does that leave UConn? Searching for a home?

Reaction Score
What would it take for the Big East to re-establish itself as D1 football conference? I don't care on preferences, just curious on opinions.
Unfortunately the basketball only schools will never see eye to eye with the football and basketball schools. They will always squabble over revenue sharing. Kind of why the league blew up in the first place. Too bad, because the old Big East was on the verge of taking the ACC to the woodshed, just didn't have the right leadership in place.

If you can solve that issue, Anthony Blinken may have a job for you.

Reaction Score
It’s more about saving our football program. Ultimately we’ll take the ACC over the BE.
Haha no. We’re not sacrificing the best bball program in the country to save the worst football program in the country. We already tried taking a couple extra million for the sake of football by joining the aac and it was a failure of epic proportions.

Reaction Score
So what’s the move then? They all want to join the SEC?. I hope every top 25 football school joins the SEC and we can let our football team become the intramural squad with the nicest locker rooms.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom