Clemson says 'Peace Out!' to the ACC | The Boneyard

Clemson says 'Peace Out!' to the ACC

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
You’ll still have two football powerhouses. Miami and…

Syracuse
IMG_7661.gif

Reaction Score
To give anywhere near an educated opinion on this, I’d have to do a bunch of research and read their complaint (and wait for the ACC’s response). Having said that, it’s never easy arguing that a contract you signed shouldn’t be enforced against you, but there are situations where you can get it thrown out anyway. Delaware is a “contractarian” state, where they more than others try to enforce contracts as written. But I don’t know what state’s law governs the ACC, and if it’s NC (which would be my guess) I have no clue what their state take on general principles of contract law are.

Reaction Score
To give anywhere near an educated opinion on this, I’d have to do a bunch of research and read their complaint (and wait for the ACC’s response). Having said that, it’s never easy arguing that a contract you signed shouldn’t be enforced against you, but there are situations where you can get it thrown out anyway. Delaware is a “contractarian” state, where they more than others try to enforce contracts as written. But I don’t know what state’s law governs the ACC, and if it’s NC (which would be my guess) I have no clue what their state take on general principles of contract law are.
FSU/ACC are still fighting out jurisdiction. IMO the fact that Celmson jumped into the ring with FSU's attempt ongoing at least means they don't believe FSU going SO poorly as to wait it out.

Either way, I suspect there will be a settlement at some point. I suspect the league won't want discovery on how they came to the trash-heap of a media contract, including forcing money under the table to Raycom, in backdoor deal.

Reaction Score
FSU/ACC are still fighting out jurisdiction. IMO the fact that Celmson jumped into the ring with FSU's attempt ongoing at least means they don't believe FSU going SO poorly as to wait it out.

Either way, I suspect there will be a settlement at some point. I suspect the league won't want discovery on how they came to the trash-heap of a media contract, including forcing money under the table to Raycom, in backdoor deal.
Not to get too lawyerly on folks, but jurisdiction — where you try the case — is different than governing law — which state’s statutory and case law you use to determine who is in the right. If you believe most judges try to do their best (and in any state’s I’ve had anything to do with I believe that, at least until you get to political cases) governing law is more important.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Judge Judy will her work cut out for her.

Reaction Score
with FSU and Clemson leaving the ACC, maybe it will become a basketball dominated league again?
Not when the next moves we see are UNC and Virginia leaving as well.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Clemson's President was also unauthorized to sign the contract--like FSU's President--making the contract automatically void.

That tactic is 100% guaranteed to work!

:p

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
So, in other words, you have nothing to add to the conversation. ;)

Reaction Score
I told you all last summer, UNC is shaping up to leave the ACC and will be first in line when the chips fall.

The SEC is the preferred league.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is going to grab as many top teams that they can.

Their agreement with the SEC and Big 10 provided the 12 with a look in provision.

They'll make considerably less money until realignment. Then they can renegotiate conference payouts to be better than the measly amount they agreed to.

The ACC is done. UNC, UVA will bolt to the SEC.. Pitt, Miami, and Clemson will join the 12, FSU and probably Notre Dame to the Big 10

Reaction Score
I told you all last summer, UNC is shaping up to leave the ACC and will be first in line when the chips fall.

The SEC is the preferred league.
The large stacks at FSU are trying to bully the table.

Clemson is trying to bluff their way out before everyone realizes their glory days have passed.

UNC is just sitting there with the nuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom