Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3

Reaction Score
No. Only ESPN3 (through the WatchESPN portal). Not a pay channel
I think I missed it, a Brazil team was about to play.
I was just making sure, thanks

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think I missed it, a Brazil team was about to play.
I was just making sure, thanks

I think they are starting the games a little earlier then when ESPN3 picks it up.

Reaction Score
I think they are starting the games a little earlier then when ESPN3 picks it up.
When I logged in through the WATCHESPN app they picked up coverage just before lineups were announced so I got to see the whole game.

Reaction Score
That was a total beat down. I don’t know if it was because the US team is good, or the Brazilians are just awful

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sabrina unbelievably missed quite a few shots but Hebbard is a machine.

CW and ONO content as complementary pieces. ONO was not the shot blocking presence in this one (sat quite a bit which was surprising) but was not needed. But making her FT's so nerves for our Husky[s have settled down.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No way Hebard's 6-4. Ionescu's listed at 5-11 and, assuming THAT's right, would make Hebard 6-1 or 6-2.

The FACT that Hebard is obviously not 6’4” as listed is a testament to her. She plays the post as well as anyone. She’s a fierce rebounder, and a huge part of their offense. Her fg percentage in the paint is unbelievable. She seldom misses bunnies or layups. We can only hope that ONO can achieve (and surpass) the level of play and consistency that Hebard has.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Hebard is something like 22 for 24 so far in the tournament--extraordinary, surely, but it's something she's been doing since arriving in Eugene. She has great hands, knows her angles, is very strong, and obviously has a special connection with Ionescu, with whom she roomed as a freshman. Not bad for a recruit Hoopgurlz ranked #40!

She doesn't have all of Ono's gifts (or her height, although visual evidence from Eugene suggests Ono may in fact be much taller than reported rather than Hebard being spotted some inches she doesn't deserve:)), but if some of what Ruthy does so well rubs off, I think Olivia will be everything (and more) fans here hope she will be.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tonight's games

Venezuela 6PM
Dominican Republic 8PM

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The US in a tight one with Venezuela. The Oregon players making all the plays. Christyn can't make a shot and ONO missed two short jumpers and just accidentally floored a girl with an elbow.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Americans pull away late to win 18-14 as CW makes a two and ONO gets a putback and foul for a 2-point play.

ONO still doing a lot of tangling/jostling with her arms that is going to get her fouled out real quick in college.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Why wait. Just put Ionescu on the Senior National Team. Like stewie.

Reaction Score
The US in a tight one with Venezuela. The Oregon players making all the plays. Christyn can't make a shot and ONO missed two short jumpers and just accidentally floored a girl with an elbow.
Glad to see ONO actually take a short jumper. Would have been nice to have made one but at least she took the open shot. CW finally made a shot and at a time when it was needed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
ONO's gotten away with about 10 fouls early in this game against the Dominicans. She's not doing work with her body, probably because she's not strong enough, so she uses her arms and does a ton of pushing and flailing. At least she's competing but that has to be addressed.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wow, Ionescu just got intentionally elbowed in the head after grabbing the ball from a player in a dead-ball situation. That would've been an easy ejection in almost any other setting.

Game is physical.

CW just hit a two to get US close to 21.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
US steamrolls 21-7 with almost three minutes left to play.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Best game for CW by far. No surprise it happened in a game that looked more like rugby. CW was pissed. :D

Reaction Score
Wow, Ionescu just got intentionally elbowed in the head after grabbing the ball from a player in a dead-ball situation. That would've been an easy ejection in almost any other setting.

Game is physical.

CW just hit a two to get US close to 21.
These games look like wrestling matches. Almost any contact goes.

Reaction Score
US steamrolls 21-7 with almost three minutes left to play.
How is the competition? Is it not quite as good as the World Tour stops Christyn was participating in? I'm sure this is a better team with Hebard and Ionescu though.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
They won this game with defense. The DR stalled at 6 points for what seemed like forever.

For only about 7 minutes of play, there were a heckuva lot of fouls. Olivia will foul out in the 1st quarter if she keeps defending like that. The DR "big" (who was outsized by both Olivia and Hebard) finished with about 8 fouls of her own.

Reaction Score
They won this game with defense. The DR stalled at 6 points for what seemed like forever.

For only about 7 minutes of play, there were a heckuva lot of fouls. Olivia will foul out in the 1st quarter if she keeps defending like that. The DR "big" (who was outsized by both Olivia and Hebard) finished with about 8 fouls of her own.
The DR “Big” shoves Hebard hard a few times. One was after the whistle was blown she shoved her against the post hard. Can’t believe she wasn’t ejected.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Here's the thing- it's two UConn sophomores who combined have had basically one game where they've carried the offense (Williams vs. the Domers) compared with two Oregon seniors who have been setting triple-doubles and most-consecutive-FGs-without-a-miss records for the past three seasons

So Ionescu and Hebard have been setting records for three years which means they started setting records when they were sophomores. But Olivia and Christyn are not setting records as sophomores. Well at least not good records. This is what you said. Right?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
So Ionescu and Hebard have been setting records for three years which means they started setting records when they were sophomores. But Olivia and Christyn are not setting records as sophomores. Well at least not good records. This is what you said. Right?
Well, they're not college sophomores yet, so we've got until April of 2020 to see what kinds of records they might set their sophomore year. And the Williams who singlehandedly laid the smackdown on the Domers in South Bend is capable of great things. My point was just that CW and ONO will inevitably look a bit pedestrian next to two players who have amazing chemistry, 3 years of established work together, and a history of being exceptional at the kind of plays that 3x3 is all about.

ETA: Also, would it kill FIBA to call Hebard by her proper name, Ruthy? "Ruth Hebard" sounds like a long lost Golden Girl.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ETA: Also, would it kill FIBA to call Hebard by her proper name, Ruthy? "Ruth Hebard" sounds like a long lost Golden Girl.
Ha I liked how the Spanish (as in from Spain) commentator on espn3 called them all by their last name except ONO, whom he unfailingly called "Olivia."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom