Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3

Reaction Score
Yes, great combination of players.
This is pan am 3x3 not world 3x3. Was waiting to see Sabrina in the first 2 world 3x3 games earlier but was not able. Heck of a player to be teamed with. There are 6 world 3x3 participants. Christyn and Sabrina are those 2 of the 6. The world 3x3 will be a day after pan am in France.
Definitely makes a difference in the combination of players playing!

Reaction Score
I wish them well and I hope that they can stay away from injuries which would impact the whole playing season for UConn.
Yeah I hate that these kids play so much outside of their college seasons. I would like to see what they gain versus the risks.

Reaction Score
Yeah I hate that these kids play so much outside of their college seasons. I would like to see what they gain versus the risks.
They're playing basketball. That's what they do. And they're playing against the best players their age in the world. That's gotta be helping them get better more than sitting around Storrs in the summer doing drills and lifting weights (well, hopefully ONO is going to the gym in Peru :cool:). Plus the international travel is way more educational than sitting in a summer class. A couple kids from Arkansas and Georgia are becoming worldly.

Reaction Score
They're playing basketball. That's what they do. And they're playing against the best players their age in the world. That's gotta be helping them get better more than sitting around Storrs in the summer doing drills and lifting weights (well, hopefully ONO is going to the gym in Peru :cool:). Plus the international travel is way more educational than sitting in a summer class. A couple kids from Arkansas and Georgia are becoming worldly.
The Pan Am games have no age restrictions. If I remember the Canadian National team with Nurse beat the Stewart-led US team made up of college players.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Looking forward to the UConn-Oregon partnership at the Pan Am games. But also looking ahead to the regular season matchup between the Huskies and the Ducks, I can’t help but notice that Liv is starting to show some definition in her arms and that she’s at least 2” taller than Hebard, who is listed at 6’4”. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Looking forward to the UConn-Oregon partnership at the Pan Am games. But also looking ahead to the regular season matchup between the Huskies and the Ducks, I can’t help but notice that Liv is starting to show some definition in her arms and that she’s at least 2” taller than Hebard, who is listed at 6’4”. :)

No way Hebard's 6-4. Ionescu's listed at 5-11 and, assuming THAT's right, would make Hebard 6-1 or 6-2.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks for posting this Cat, I enjoyed it! :)

Again, I say (as Sebrina Ionescu commented in the video), Kara Lawson would be an EXCELLENT women's BB coach at the college level. If she didn't take the Tennessee job (not sure if it was offered), she's probably not interested in coaching, at least not now.

Kara Lawson Explains What Makes A Good 3X3 Player

She's been hired as an assistant by the Boston Celtics which I think was a great hire. She knows her S*%#. She played professionally (and has been around basketball) l-o-n-g-e-r than any of the players she's coaching. She should have the respect of every player on the team by now. If she was a college coach, I sure wouldn't mind my daughter playing for her. ;)

Tip in - This experience will really help ONO and aid in her development. Being around the players (especially fellow post player Ruthy Hebard) on this team, and being coached by Lawson will improve her understanding and approach to the game. She could not have picked a better way to spend her summer. :cool:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I couldn’t help but notice that Ionescu calls Kara “one of the best coaches I’ve ever had.” Makes me wonder where she ranks Coach Graves?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any venue where these games are available?

Reaction Score
I couldn’t help but notice that Ionescu calls Kara “one of the best coaches I’ve ever had.” Makes me wonder where she ranks Coach Graves?
She hasn’t been bashful about saying how great she thinks Graves is. She has done it in many interviews.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She hasn’t been bashful about saying how great she thinks Graves is. She has done it in many interviews.
Makes me wonder how many coaches she's had. Given the stature of Graves and Lawson, I would hope they would be among the best she's had, vis-a-vis AAU and high school coaches. Other than possible team USA coaches, who else would there be?
Easy guys. I’m just having some fun. Next time I’ll be sure to include the requisite emoji ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom