Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christyn Williams and Olivia Nelson-Ododa to play in Pan-Am Games 3X3

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Looking forward to the UConn-Oregon partnership at the Pan Am games. But also looking ahead to the regular season matchup between the Huskies and the Ducks, I can’t help but notice that Liv is starting to show some definition in her arms and that she’s at least 2” taller than Hebard, who is listed at 6’4”. :)

Putting in work in the weight room is already beginning to reap some noticeable benefits for ONO. Remember how "cut" Dangerfield became after only a year of weight training? :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No way Hebard's 6-4. Ionescu's listed at 5-11 and, assuming THAT's right, would make Hebard 6-1 or 6-2.

Right!! Look at the difference between the top of their shoulders. It's a good 2-3 inches. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I search Pan Am 3x3 womens and viola! 4 hours from now USA v Brasil (set reminder, kick back). :)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Olivia had 5 thunderous blocks. But she needs to work on finishing through contact and (of course) free throws.

Ionescu was really the star on offense. Several clutch buckets and she combined with Hebard for a couple of their patented pick-and-roll buckets down the stretch.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Olivia had 5 thunderous blocks. But she needs to work on finishing through contact and (of course) free throws.

Ionescu was really the star on offense. Several clutch buckets and she combined with Hebard for a couple of their patented pick-and-roll buckets down the stretch.

Hhhm only 5, seemed like more. Have stats been posted anywhere?

Reaction Score

Totally agree with your assessment

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Next 2 games today

US vs Uraguay 7PM EDT
US vs Brazil 10PM EDT

Also the men's games are interleaved for any interested.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US wins 21-15. But CW did not play well and Ionescu / Hubbard did almost all of the offensive damage. Ionescu is super clutch. On the positive side, Olivia must have had 7 or 8 blocks. Her timing is very good.

The ugly stat line.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The ugly stat line.

View attachment 45154

Here's the thing- it's two UConn sophomores who combined have had basically one game where they've carried the offense (Williams vs. the Domers) compared with two Oregon seniors who have been setting triple-doubles and most-consecutive-FGs-without-a-miss records for the past three seasons and carried the offense for their squads since basically day one (folks forget this, but their frosh season, it was Hebard who led the entire Duck team in scoring, not Ionescu). Of course the Ducks are going to carry the offense. Also, Graves's coaching style is way more amenable to the kind of hero ball 3x3 often requires. Plus, I'd maintain Ionescu-Hebard are the best duo in WCBB today. View this as an opportunity for Williams and ONO to get comfortable carrying the offense, cause they will need to do so come November.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's the thing- it's two UConn sophomores who combined have had basically one game where they've carried the offense (Williams vs. the Domers) compared with two Oregon seniors who have been setting triple-doubles and most-consecutive-FGs-without-a-miss records for the past three seasons and carried the offense for their squads since basically day one (folks forget this, but their frosh season, it was Hebard who led the entire Duck team in scoring, not Ionescu). Of course the Ducks are going to carry the offense. Also, Graves's coaching style is way more amenable to the kind of hero ball 3x3 often requires. Plus, I'd maintain Ionescu-Hebard are the best duo in WCBB today. View this as an opportunity for Williams and ONO to get comfortable carrying the offense, cause they will need to do so come November.

If it's assumed the Oregon players were going to dominate then what was the point of naming CW and ONO to the team? I'm not a fan of sugar-coating subpar performances.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If it's assumed the Oregon players were going to dominate then what was the point of naming CW and ONO to the team? I'm not a fan of sugar-coating subpar performances.

In game 2, CW improved although she continues to dribble into coverage and trying to muscle everything.

ONO seems more relaxed to me in game 2 but hard to judge since Uruguay had little size and did not have the weapons Argentina had in game 1.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In game 2, CW improved although she continues to dribble into coverage and trying to muscle everything.

ONO seems more relaxed to me in game 2 but hard to judge since Uruguay had little size and did not have the weapons Argentina had in game 1.

I haven't been able to catch the games yet and it seems ESPN isn't archiving them. Probably have to pay for that too.

Reaction Score
CW not protecting the ball very well. Play was physical but still! ONO still swatting them away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom