Christian Vital(Unfinished Business) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital(Unfinished Business)

Reaction Score
The handles in the Az video look a little sloppy but I love the drive! SNIPERCV

Reaction Score
Christian Vital should be named co-captain along with Jalen. They are the 2 best players and proven competitors we have not to mention have pride in themselves and how they represent UCONN.

#Team Adams
#Team Vital

Reaction Score
We've hit peak Christian Vital. He's now the second best player on the team, an all-time special Husky and is being compared to Ben Gordon, Bobby Jackson, Shabazz Napier and Kemba Walker.

I really like the kid too but so many posters here are setting him up to unbelievably lofty standards. What could possibly go wrong?

Reaction Score
We've hit peak Christian Vital. He's now the second best player on the team, an all-time special Husky and is being compared to Ben Gordon, Bobby Jackson, Shabazz Napier and Kemba Walker.

I really like the kid too but so many posters here are setting him up to unbelievably lofty standards. What could possibly go wrong?
The boneyard has completely lost its mind.

Reaction Score
I like his moxey. He got thrown in the frying pan and steadily kept getting better and better. I don't know what his ceiling is but I do know he will compete.
That's what I love about him too! He has a superior edge, is not afraid of any situation and wants the ball when the game is on the line. Definitely has ice water in his veins. Some of the guys we are recruiting don't have that. They have talent but not that. CV has talent & that. Now he has to train the rest of the team to get some of what he was born with.#gochancellors#gohuskies#

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

I don't think anyone has him at surefire NBA draft pick status. But watch him work, and play. He probably doesn't have the second highest ceiling but he might well have the second highest floor. Ollie spent 13 years in the league himself that way.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has him at surefire NBA draft pick status. But watch him work, and play. He probably doesn't have the second highest ceiling but he might well have the second highest floor. Ollie spent 13 years in the league himself that way.
I agree about sure fire status but guys like CV that play with that combination of skill, athleticism and and edge, usually find a home for enough time to make a lot of lettuce #$$$$

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I think some of it is that we are tired of kids who want to be the hero without putting in all the hard work it takes. CV seems like he has the opposite mentality. That mentality leads people to do well in the world.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think some of it is that we are tired of kids who want to be the hero without putting in all the hard work it takes. CV seems like he has the opposite mentality. That mentality leads people to do well in the world.

That, and anyone that beats Syracuse on a hustle play in MSG gets an extra bump... :cool:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You are not wrong. People are pumped about his attitude, especially given the perceived 'tude of some of the transfers, a reactionary sentiment. It's nice to have grinders, easy to root for, even if they fail.

I mean, I really enjoyed Purvis as a Husky, despite how frustrating he was on the court, because I loved his love for UCONN. I never questioned his drive or his heart. Would take that kid on my team any day, warts and all.

Similar thing with Gibbs. The guy spent 1 year here, had a mildly frustrating season, but still comes back. Seems like he bought it and loves the program. I enjoy that.

Reaction Score
Vital is a a baller with pride and intelligence, he won't disappoint. One player I don't worry about on this UCONN team is Vital. He has game and intangibles that you can't teach. He needs to tighten up the handle, and he can be a special college player. If Vital keeps working and grinding he can be a Patrick Beverly type player. He has that upside.

PS: On recruiting trips have Vital and Adams doing the tours around campus.
UNLEASH VITAL ON EM

Reaction Score
Vital is a a baller with pride and intelligence, he won't disappoint. One player I don't worry about on this UConn team is Vital. He has game and intangibles that you can't teach. He needs to tighten up the handle, and he can be a special college player. If Vital keeps working and grinding he can be a Patrick Beverly type player. He has that upside.

PS: On recruiting trips have Vital and Adams doing the tours around campus.
UNLEASH VITAL ON EM
He's already better than beverly.......

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I see his floor as being a Steph Curry type player. More likely he's a Kyrie but his ceiling is Russell Westbrook.

Reaction Score

I think the hype is warranted. As of right now, there is no reason to think he won't be the second best player on the team.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
You are not wrong. People are pumped about his attitude, especially given the perceived 'tude of some of the transfers, a reactionary sentiment. It's nice to have grinders, easy to root for, even if they fail.

I mean, I really enjoyed Purvis as a Husky, despite how frustrating he was on the court, because I loved his love for UConn. I never questioned his drive or his heart. Would take that kid on my team any day, warts and all.

Similar thing with Gibbs. The guy spent 1 year here, had a mildly frustrating season, but still comes back. Seems like he bought it and loves the program. I enjoy that.
Glad to hear that Gibbs loves the program. I think the difference in terms of comparison is that CV was a freshman last year.
He apparently has a tremendous work ethic and stays remarkably calm under pressure. Pure athleticism is a physiological gift
that you are pretty much born with. Eventually we will see what level of that he has. CV is coachable and appears to have good BB IQ. Very, very good combination of gifts that are being put to work. Ray (Everyday Ray) Allen prescription for success: "work hard, stay calm".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom