Christian Vital(Unfinished Business) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christian Vital(Unfinished Business)

Reaction Score
Watch the whole video included in the tweet...he looks hungry

No concerns if JA goes pro after next season, we got this guy in the wings. Will have
a Ben Gordon type career and provide memories in March to fans.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Came into the program with character. Continues to build on it and everything else he does. Will leave his mark on the program. That character is portable and will go with him when he leaves. Lead by example. We've had a few like that.

Reaction Score
Yes but can he do it against chairs

You know it's post like this that kill me. We expect too much, baby steps please he's already proven he can torch cones now we need to relax it's unfair to our student athletes to ask such a thing.

Next you'll be asking UNC players to go to class and take their own tests my God.:rolleyes:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kid eats and breaths the game as well as UConn basketball. Love this kid as I've said before need more with his mindset and drive. Good to see he stayed the course after the tough year everyone seemed to have.

He's not a star. But he's a really nice all around player. I think he's an example of what the staff is and needs to be looking for. Vital is the kind of player Calhoun often relied upon. You can win at this level with a mix of hungry, determined 3-4 star guys.

Reaction Score
Will CV ever be a star NBA player......NO. But will he be a star in college? I'll bet a good amount of money he will. He's going to be a special college player and we are lucky to have him

Reaction Score
Couple observations:

1. He looks like he might have grew an inch or two.
2. Many of the moves he's practicing remind me of Jalen Adam's game and the moves JA had perfected last season. Probably not a coincidence.
3. His hunger and work ethic will make him a better player than any of us thought he would become.

We are lucky to have him.

pj

Reaction Score
Will CV ever be a star NBA player.NO. But will he be a star in college? I'll bet a good amount of money he will. He's going to be a special college player and we are lucky to have him

If he can develop that Kemba-like stepback to get it quicker and crisper, improve his handle and driving, and improve his court vision and passing, don't sell his NBA chances short! He has the KO-like work ethic and is a much better shooter.

CV just could be that breakthrough player that KO can point at to prove he can develop players to the NBA. If Jalen, Larrier, and CV make it, that would go a long way toward helping KO re-establish himself as a hot coach.

Reaction Score
When he signed no one expected him to be as good as he was. He's already starting guard quality and can move into star category this year. We are going to need every bit of what he can bring.

Reaction Score
I have been on this kid's bandwagon all along. Nothing is more ignorant than saying a kid who puts up big numbers as a freshman has no chance of being as good as guys that preceded him that put up inferior numbers. The only metric we have says otherwise. Let him evolve, there is no point in putting made up and baseless limits on his potential just because he was a lower ranked recruit.

Reaction Score
Comparing him to Ben or Kemba is foolish... I see a poor man's AJ, maybe? Originally, I had him as a better version of Austrie; but CVs got a lot more aggression and scoring ability so that comp isn't very good.

I have a delicious fantasy of Jalen, Alterique, CV, and Waters essentially splitting the 1, 2, and 3 (we'd go uber small) and each playing ~30mpg running around like idiots. Probably won't happen, but I dig the image.

Reaction Score
Would like to see more offseason video from our other players. I have no basis for my next statement but I have often wondered how hard some of our recent players had worked on their game during the summer. Vital seems to be at it every day and it's gonna pay off. I know watching him next season we are going to say wow he didn't have that in his game last year

Reaction Score
I have been on this kid's bandwagon all along. Nothing is more ignorant than saying a kid who puts up big numbers as a freshman has no chance of being as good as guys that preceded him that put up inferior numbers. The only metric we have says otherwise. Let him evolve, there is no point in putting made up and baseless limits on his potential just because he was a lower ranked recruit.

I'm on board for the most part. Only thing that concerns me in this video a little bit is he still has a pretty meh handle... those videos of him making 3-4 crossover drives will not really ever happen in games for him. The ball is way too high and he's exposing too much on his step backs for d1 defense. But that's not going to be his role on the team. I love to see him working on his 3s and pump fake drives... That is his bread and butter if he keeps shooting well.

I love to see he's working hard on what he can be good at. I am tempering expectations because he if he improves like I want he might have the 2nd or 3rd best defender guarding him all game. Last year he was more on an after thought.

Reaction Score
CV is a prime example of who we want throwing on a Husky uniform. Embrace the program, appreciate the fans, work your ass off, play with a chip on your shoulder as an underrated recruit, and step on the court with swagger and toughness.... this program was built on those fundamentals.

If we have 5 guys who approach the game like CV, we'll be back before you know it. Good riddance to the kids who make excuses, cant handle the pressure, put their personal success ahead of the team, have overbearing biased parents who impact morale, and have one foot out the door looking for a better opportunity. Ive been a critique of the negatives this season, but watching this kid, couldn't be happier KO cleaned house and we're left with a tighter, more committed core.

Reaction Score
He has to work on his handle, that is the weakest part of his game. If he ever wanted to be as good as Ben Gordon or Kemba Walker his handle and quickness will have to be much much better.

Love his game, work on your handle CV, that will make you great. Your shot is already solid for a 19 year old and your athleticism is there.

#letsgoHuskies

Reaction Score
He has to work on his handle, that is the weakest part of his game. If he ever wanted to be as good as Ben Gordon or Kemba Walker his handle and quickness will have to be much much better.

Love his game, work on your handle CV, that will make you great. Your shot is already solid for a 19 year old and your athleticism is there.

#letsgoHuskies
The most encouraging part of that video is when he made a move(working on his handle) and the trainer shouted "good!" And CV responded, "Nah, i want that to be tighter". That kind of mindset is what will make him a special player for us in the coming yrs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom