Christain Vital Tweet | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Christain Vital Tweet

Reaction Score
Denham and Rashad were both better players than Vital. Vital would not have seen the court on those UConn teams.

Back to the original post....how do we know Christian wasn’t talking about cleaning his dorm room or finishing a project or reorganizing his sock drawer?

Don’t follow these players on social media.

I never said he would.

Reaction Score
Oh boy....Do you think Christian is better than Denham? Do you think Christian has a chance at the NBA?

Rashad's senior year he was the second leading scorer on a team with 5 players who played in the NBA.

If it were between the dagger and the sniper I would take the sniper all day.

Comparison by stats CV has a better career than Rashad. But he did play more minutes @ 30 vs 20 per game.

AVGPTS FG% FT% RB% CV leads although he is more foul prone.

I’m happy CV is hanging around. He is our grit while Alterique is our leader.

Idk if Hurley is picking Captains next year but if he goes I hope he gives the keys to CV, AG and Carlton if he’s up to it.

Reaction Score
The CV argument that he’s better due to stats is like saying Jimmer is better than Kemba because Jimmer has better China stats than Kemba in the NBA. The league/talent desparity is pretty obvious compared to the minor statistical difference

pj

Reaction Score
Oh boy....Do you think Christian is better than Denham? Do you think Christian has a chance at the NBA?

Rashad's senior year he was the second leading scorer on a team with 5 players who played in the NBA.

I didn't say Christian was better than Denham, and I said that Christian would not play in the NBA -- but that I wished he had a handle and better court vision, because if he could dribble and create for others then he would have a chance to play in the NBA.

As for Rashad's senior year, he had 15% of the team's points taking 17% of the shots. The only reason he got so many shots and points is that the team had a terrible dearth of guards -- Marcus Williams, Denham Brown, and Rashad, then a freshman Craig Austrie. The 5 players who played in the NBA were Marcus and four frontcourt players (Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Jeff Adrien). The bottom line is that team had NBA players at every position except Rashad's, and no outside shooters except Rashad. And the lack of a backup point guard or any real guard skills apart from shooting at the off guard is what killed that team against George Mason.

CV is no ball handler, but he would have improved that team substantially.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Denham Brown was selected with the 40th pick of the 2006 draft.

And waived after two preseason games, never playing in an NBA game. Eight players taken in the second round that year never played an NBA game. Six others played in 30 games or less. Being a 2nd round NBA draft pick is now guarantee of ability to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Both good players. RA had more memorable shots on a better team playing better comp. But imo CV is a better all round player and hopefully he’ll have one more season to prove it. But I would probably comp him against Albert Mouring rather than RA

Reaction Score
I didn't say Christian was better than Denham, and I said that Christian would not play in the NBA -- but that I wished he had a handle and better court vision, because if he could dribble and create for others then he would have a chance to play in the NBA.

As for Rashad's senior year, he had 15% of the team's points taking 17% of the shots. The only reason he got so many shots and points is that the team had a terrible dearth of guards -- Marcus Williams, Denham Brown, and Rashad, then a freshman Craig Austrie. The 5 players who played in the NBA were Marcus and four frontcourt players (Rudy Gay, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, and Jeff Adrien). The bottom line is that team had NBA players at every position except Rashad's, and no outside shooters except Rashad. And the lack of a backup point guard or any real guard skills apart from shooting at the off guard is what killed that team against George Mason.
I can only respond to what you post. You brought up Denham to say he was a very mechanical player with no chance at the NBA even though Denham was drafted 40th. You seemed to bring this up as a way of saying that Rashad wasn't good because he couldn't start over Denham despite Rashad being the second leading scorer on a team that had 5 players play in the NBA. What was the point of this post?
Rashad never played more than 25.6 minutes per game and in his senior year he started exactly zero games. In no season did he start more than 15. It wasn't like he was losing his starting position to an NBA player either, Denham Brown generally started over Rashad all four years, and played more minutes. Denham was a very mechanical player with no chance at the NBA. I don't get the Rashad love in this thread.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So you’re saying it’s KO’s fault?

Staff, players everything. The product wasn't great. Hard to argue otherwise.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In one year under Hurley’s tutelage he made significant strides. I wouldn’t be shocked if CV received some third team all AAC consideration next year. He’s not Denham Brown, but he’s better than most give him credit for.
In fairness, who among us has ever scored 111 points in a Toronto high school basketball game?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
In one year under Hurley’s tutelage he made significant strides. I wouldn’t be shocked if CV received some third team all AAC consideration next year. He’s not Denham Brown, but he’s better than most give him credit for.

I wasn't referring to CV himself. Just the overall team product. The last few years have been tough to watch, with a noticeable uptick happening last year. We're moving towards watchable basketball. The more watchable basketball, the better the discussions. jmo

Reaction Score
He had a chance. Because he didn't pan out, doesn't prove anything. He had his shot and it didn't work out. That's part of the game.

What shot? He never even got invited to the Lakers training camp. After he was drafted Fraschilla said the Lakers wanted a guy they could stash away for a few years.

It's not that uncommon for teams in the second round to take guys that they have no intention of ever signing unless they end up playing extremely well overseas. Because now you have trade capital with guys who don't even count against the cap.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What shot? He never even got invited to the Lakers training camp. After he was drafted Fraschilla said the Lakers wanted a guy they could stash away for a few years.It's not that uncommon for teams in the second round to take guys that they have no intention of ever signing unless they end up playing extremely well overseas. Because now you have trade capital with guys who don't even count against the cap.

If he had played well overseas, he would have gotten a camp invite. He also played in the G-league for a spell; Same thing, every guy in the G League has an opportunity. So he had an opportunity to make the league (a shot). Merely by getting drafted. He had some measurables, hence why they gave him that shot. He just didn't pan out.

You don't draft guys who have no shot. You do draft guys who have the potential. It doesn't mean they are going to make it.

Reaction Score
If he had played well overseas, he would have gotten a camp invite. He also played in the G-league for a spell; Same thing. So he had an opportunity to make the league (a shot). Merely by getting drafted. He had some measurables, hence why they gave him that shot. He just didn't pan out.

You don't draft guys who have no shot. You do draft guys who have the potential. It doesn't mean they are going to make it.

Agree to disagree I guess. Every player in the world has a shot if they play very well, yes. That doesn't mean the Lakers ever had any realistic intention for him to play for them.

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
I’m sure he’s a nice kid, hard worker, and good teammate but he’s too inconsistent. He can’t create his own shoot, he shoots 3’s and gets fast break points- dribbling is suspect. I’d rather see them build with new blood and free up the scholarship. Go get a pure shooter - I saw a ton of them in the tourney this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom