Christain Vital Tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christain Vital Tweet

Reaction Score
Guy brings heart. Guy never quits. Guy can shoot, if set up. We've got two guards and AG next year, so, presumably, he won't have to handle the rock. Guy is a great rebounder.

Yeah. We want him back, and he will be a very important part of the team, whether he starts and plays 30 or comes off the bench and plays 20.

I have a feeling that CV has saved his best for last. Make this kid the 3rd guard in a structured offense with 3 other guys who can play 1 and 2, drive hard, and who can pass the rock, and my prediction is he's going to open up defenses like Popeye opening up Spinach Cans.

Reaction Score
With a little more strength and an improved handle CV can be a special player. He doesn’t have the talent or athleticism of an elite player but he has desire and will that few have. If he stays healthy Vital can end up in the top twenty all time scoring list. That would be impressive

Reaction Score
I'm really excited to see CV help us get back to the tournament next year. He deserves it for sticking with the program and always going all out, plus I could see him going off and getting us a S16 birth. He's also only 482 points away from being the AAC leading scorer which would be a nice accolade to have

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I'm really excited to see CV help us get back to the tournament next year. He deserves it for sticking with the program and always going all out, plus I could see him going off and getting us a S16 birth. He's also only 482 points away from being the AAC leading scorer which would be a nice accolade to have
Maybe he could guard someone before we throw him up in the ring of honor?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He's getting very close.

Hit 3's at 40.9% this season. Rashad's best was 41.0% in his sophomore year.
I would imagine that he attempts more 3s per game than Rashad did too, the teams Rashad was on had far more options. Amazing that he does it with almost no bend in his knees, all upper body.

nadav

Reaction Score
Guess he led the team in steals because the other team just kept walking up and handing it to him.
If we are going to blindly look at stats, Cobb was our best three point shooter.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's getting very close.

Hit 3's at 40.9% this season. Rashad's best was 41.0% in his sophomore year.

Yeah, but those onions don't grow on trees. Rashad had a set. Totally different realms these two.

CV could probably shoot north of 42/43% if he just cleaned up his looks.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but those onions don't grow on trees. Rashad had a set. Totally different realms these two.

Seriously. Nobody hit high pressure 3s in do or die moments like Rashad. The 3 from the corner against Duke in the 2004 Semis is one, and the one he hit against Washington in the 2006 S16 jumps out as another. He was consistent. I mean, certainly Bazz and Kemba hit more big shots overall, but Rashad had that clutch gene.

nadav

Reaction Score

Onions!

Reaction Score
I would imagine that he attempts more 3s per game than Rashad did too, the teams Rashad was on had far more options. Amazing that he does it with almost no bend in his knees, all upper body.

CV did take more three but pretty close. Through his first three years RA was 188 of 499 behind the arc (37.7%) and CV was 199 of 549 (36.2%).

On regular FG's through three years its RA 144 of of 324 (44.4%) vs 181 of 377 (48%) for CV.

On free throws its not close. CV who is always in the middle of things, gets to the line. Through 3 years its RA 144 of 182 for 79.1% vs 269 of 333 (80.8%) for CV.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Seriously. Nobody hit high pressure 3s in do or die moments like Rashad. The 3 from the corner against Duke in the 2004 Semis is one, and the one he hit against Washington in the 2006 S16 jumps out as another. He was consistent. I mean, certainly Bazz and Kemba hit more big shots overall, but Rashad had that clutch gene.

It's made all the more impressive, because that was practically his role. He didn't get the ball all the time. Didn't matter how many minutes he played or touches he got, Rashad was expected to deliver in the tightest spots every time. He was almost like a pinch hitter in baseball hitting dingers at will.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
CV did take more three but pretty close. Through his first three years RA was 188 of 499 behind the arc (37.7%) and CV was 199 of 549 (36.2%).

On regular FG's through three years its RA 144 of of 324 (44.4%) vs 181 of 377 (48%) for CV.

On free throws its not close. CV who is always in the middle of things, gets to the line. Through 3 years its RA 144 of 182 for 79.1% vs 269 of 333 (80.8%) for CV.

Rashad is universally loved on here, as he should be, but I don't think anybody should mistake him for a great player. He wasn't very good at much except shooting threes, and elite at hitting big ones. Average handle, less than average athleticism, average D on his best day, average rebounder I guess, average motor, average passer at best. etc

And I love the guy lol

Reaction Score
Maybe he could guard someone before we throw him up in the ring of honor?
If we are going to blindly look at stats, Cobb was our best three point shooter.

Besides leading the team in steals he also had the highest defensive win share. Does that stat not count too?

nadav

Reaction Score
Rashad played in 12 NCAA wins. TWELVE. I don't want to hate on CV because I'm happy to have him back, but the comparison to Shad just irked me. CV wouldn't have gotten on the floor with those teams.

Reaction Score
If we’re comparing players from that era, CV is more Denham Brown than Rashad. I do agree CV has turned into an excellent shooter.

nadav

Reaction Score
Besides leading the team in steals he also had the highest defensive win share. Does that stat not count too?
Ask Hurley, there was a reason he spent the year in the doghouse and it had nothing to do with shooting. He was a space cadet on defense in important moments.

Reaction Score
CV is key to next season. I don’t care how talented the new guards are supposed to be because CV is our top shooting guard, and he rebounds. Great news if he stays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom