Chong down to four | The Boneyard

Chong down to four

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted here but saw a tweet from Lisa Bodine that Chong was down to Louisville, Maryland, Uconn, and Ohio State.

JS

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was posted here but saw a tweet from Lisa Bodine that Chong was down to Louisville, Maryland, Uconn, and Ohio State.
If so, dropped are Miami and UNC.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Really hoping Rutgers was still in it. Glad UNC is out of it though. Hoping L'Ville gets her. You guys are too stacked. :p

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno was at an AAU tournament in York, PA on Friday watching Saniya. She scored a lot of points.

Reaction Score
Do you guys see you landing her now that you have one of the top PG in the class of 2014? I see her at Louisville or OSU. My opinion.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno's stated philosophy is that you can never have enough guards. I still like what I am hearing about our chances. Plus he likes guards who can play from more than one position.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Saniya is a 2 guard and would not be impacted by Courtney Ekmark's verbal. Team needs guards in the 2013 and 2014 classes.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Another positive note here is that apparently the lawsuit isn't causing recruits to shy away from UConn in and of itself.

Of the four schools, UConn is the closest to home by a good bit. I think that's also in our favor. Not universally so, but it is more often than not.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Of the four schools, UConn is the closest to home by a good bit. I think that's also in our favor. Not universally so, but it is more often than not.
But not so close that the 'rents can just "stop by for a minute". :) I've got a kid looking at colleges that are close to home while being not too close to home.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Why does Ohio State seem like such a misfit in this group? I guess I just don't take them as a serious threat to ever win a national title. I can see her considering Louisville if Russell ends up there. If she wants to play for a coach that gives her the green light to shoot whenever she wants, all she has to do is watch Schimmel at Louisville to know that she will have an open invitation to shoot a lot.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is very close to Ossining NY and all the UConn games will be on SNY TV. This will be a big plus with all kids in the area coming to UConn. Even with Moriah at UConn Bria is a junior. Guards committing to UConn next year and the year after will have plenty of playtime. I have heard from parents and coaches in the NY area that playing for UConn is like playing for the NY Yankees. I like UConns chances with Saniya alot, Ohio St is making a real run for her also. Shes going to check out her options and make a decision. My thought is having Moriah and Saniya at guard at UConn would be unbelievable.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConn is very close to Ossining NY and all the UConn games will be on SNY TV. This will be a big plus with all kids in the area coming to UConn. Even with Moriah at UConn Bria is a junior. Guards committing to UConn next year and the year after will have plenty of playtime. I have heard from parents and coaches in the NY area that playing for UConn is like playing for the NY Yankees. I like UConns chances with Saniya alot, Ohio St is making a real run for her also. Shes going to check out her options and make a decision. My thought is having Moriah and Saniya at guard at UConn would be unbelievable.

Geno will need to drill them both with the following words: shot selection, shot selection, shot selection. Jefferson and Chong both seem to be pretty free-wheeling in high school and will probably need to be reined in just a little.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Geno is not as rigid as you might think with players shooting. re: Montgomery.

But he uses playing time to rein in players that he wants to play a certain time.

Reaction Score
its Ohio State or UCONN. Louisville already has Epps and Maryland has Brown I doubt they are pursuing hard maybe just interest. Someone asked if we won't get her because of a top PG we dont' even have a pg yet in 2014 ekmark is a wing. And someone said why OSU when they won't win a title. Please winning a national title is not the only thing kids look for. how about relationship with coach, quality of the major they are interested at said school, the campus life. Too many people here dumb down the decision to say we are better than X school they will never win. It is SO MUCH more than just that. I still believe she will come to uconn but look at Sammy Prahalis she had an amazing career at OSU and she played her aau ball in the same area as chong maybe she looks up to her

Reaction Score
I must say if she is scoring 40, 50 points in this tournament either she isn't just feasting on low level high school ball but against aau teams. I do not know how good the competition is there but it should be a step up from high school and she is still putting up high point totals

Jim

Reaction Score
I must say if she is scoring 40, 50 points in this tournament either she isn't just feasting on low level high school ball but against aau teams. I do not know how good the competition is there but it should be a step up from high school and she is still putting up high point totals
You have to remember that AAU games are totally devoid of team defense. It would be a bad sign if she wasn't putting up such points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't think you can look at Epps for L'ville or Brown for MD and say that they are out of the mix. by the same argument you could say that UCONN is out because they have Moriah and Banks. Yes i know Brianna didn't contribute a lot last year, but she was a consensus top 25 kid and most had her in the top 15. I like UCONN's chances because she's semi local and has liked UCONN for a long time. I'm not sure the allure of OSU for her. As a player with a desire to win NC's, I'd think it would be UCONN, MD or L'ville, and unless L'ville lands Russell, they won't be sniffing the final 4 any time soon.

Reaction Score
its Ohio State or UCONN. Louisville already has Epps and Maryland has Brown I doubt they are pursuing hard maybe just interest. Someone asked if we won't get her because of a top PG we dont' even have a pg yet in 2014 ekmark is a wing. And someone said why OSU when they won't win a title. Please winning a national title is not the only thing kids look for. how about relationship with coach, quality of the major they are interested at said school, the campus life. Too many people here dumb down the decision to say we are better than X school they will never win. It is SO MUCH more than just that. I still believe she will come to uconn but look at Sammy Prahalis she had an amazing career at OSU and she played her aau ball in the same area as chong maybe she looks up to her

ohio st and columbus are pretty exciting places for sports of all kinds. columbus is a very desirable "small" big city.

Reaction Score
I don't think you can look at Epps for L'ville or Brown for MD and say that they are out of the mix. by the same argument you could say that UCONN is out because they have Moriah and Banks. Yes i know Brianna didn't contribute a lot last year, but she was a consensus top 25 kid and most had her in the top 15. I like UCONN's chances because she's semi local and has liked UCONN for a long time. I'm not sure the allure of OSU for her. As a player with a desire to win NC's, I'd think it would be UCONN, MD or L'ville, and unless L'ville lands Russell, they won't be sniffing the final 4 any time soon.

banks is two years ahead, jefferson 1 year ahead. epps and brown are same class that's why its different. And again if you asked every player would they like to win a NC of course they would say yes but does every player commit to the BEST team? Why didn't more top 10 recruits go to baylor last year they could have won a title with griner back. ohio state is a winning program they are always in the hunt for the big 10. they can tell Chong hey do you want to go to a school that is going to win with or without you or do you want to help us get over the hump and do something special at OSU. That aspect is also appealing

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
banks is two years ahead, jefferson 1 year ahead. epps and brown are same class that's why its different. And again if you asked every player would they like to win a NC of course they would say yes but does every player commit to the BEST team? Why didn't more top 10 recruits go to baylor last year they could have won a title with griner back. ohio state is a winning program they are always in the hunt for the big 10. they can tell Chong hey do you want to go to a school that is going to win with or without you or do you want to help us get over the hump and do something special at OSU. That aspect is also appealing
it's not that different at all. UCONN generally recruits kids who are versatile. Caroline and Tiff both could play the 1 or 2. They coexisted quite well. Teams of course need to put 5 players on the court. Generally 2 guards, a wing, and 2 post players. If Maryland and L'ville already have a PG, then they still "need" a second guard to play on the court. BTW, I'm not sure where the rest of the recruiting services have Epps and Brown, but HG has them as #51 and 18 respectively. It's not like they landed Jefferson AND Alexis Jones...

And Chong is a combo guard. The fact that Epps and Brown are guards makes zero difference. In fact, it could be a draw for her as both teams will be able to tell her "we can start two terrific guards and have a great chance to win a lot of games".

It's different if you have 2 kids who are 6'5" or taller and neither can play more than 4' away from the basket. i could see where one of them would decide against going to the same school as the other. but a pair of guards? UCONN is recruiting Chong AND Harper, and I'm betting Geno would like both of them.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought OSU had been recruiting her longer! I thought I either read that somewhere or on a video. I like our chances!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but I thought OSU had been recruiting her longer! I thought I either read that somewhere or on a video. I like our chances!
I think that OSU has been recruiting her longer and/or harder.

She can go to Columbus and compete for Big 10 titles or go to Storrs and compete for national titles.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller confirms the NY Post tweet on the list being narrowed to four.

Reaction Score
Let the chips fall where they fall......UCONN will get what they were going to get and the true Elite players want to play for Geno........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom