Chong down to four | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chong down to four

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So in a matter of 3 weeks Geno will go from spending day in a York, PA gym watching a player who's not exactly a program changer to coaching the best players in the world in the Olympics. Maybe not quite the ridiculous to the sublime, but not that far off either. If the 2013 class is a harbinger of future recruiting classes -- and let's hope not -- then one has to wonder how much longer Geno is willing do this. The 2012 class was relatively easy!

Reaction Score
Really hoping Rutgers was still in it. Glad UNC is out of it though. Hoping L'Ville gets her. You guys are too stacked. :p
Your hopes don't make sense to me.

If UConn gets Chong, what - you lose to us by another 8 points per game over the next 4 years? So what?

If Louisville gets Chong, that might be the difference between Louisville beating Rutgers or Rutgers beating Louisville the next few years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

If UConn gets Chong, what - you lose to us by another 8 points per game over the next 4 years? So what?

If Louisville gets Chong, that might be the difference between Louisville beating Rutgers or Rutgers beating Louisville the next few years.

Coler should be joining me in hoping Chong lands at Ohio State. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Big 10 :cool:

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Coler should be joining me in hoping Chong lands at Ohio State. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Big 10 :cool:

I could deal with her going there also. :p

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score

L'ville doesn't have all the talent that UConn does. L'ville adding another top player would help the BE, making a more competitive league. The last few years, it's been only UConn, and ND. Rutgers is back on the raise, and I would like to see L'ville up there as well. I think Rutgers will be able to hold there own for the next few years against the league not named UConn. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
L'ville doesn't have all the talent that UConn does. L'ville adding another top player would help the BE, making a more competitive league. The last few years, it's been only UConn, and ND. Rutgers is back on the raise, and I would like to see L'ville up there as well. I think Rutgers will be able to hold there own for the next few years against the league not named UConn. ;)
ND was 1-3 and 3-1 against us the last 2 seasons. We got 1 regular season BE title and 2 BE tourney titles, but they got to the NCAA title game twice. We are just trying to restore order to the world. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So in a matter of 3 weeks Geno will go from spending day in a York, PA gym watching a player who's not exactly a program changer to coaching the best players in the world in the Olympics. Maybe not quite the ridiculous to the sublime, but not that far off either. If the 2013 class is a harbinger of future recruiting classes -- and let's hope not -- then one has to wonder how much longer Geno is willing do this. The 2012 class was relatively easy!
I don't have a solid sense of how good Saniya will be against elite competition or at the next level. She may not be a program changer, but she could be a very good player and possibly a star.

Yeah, the 2013 recruiting is tough, but we expected that for a "sandwich" class. We are still in the mix for Chong, McCall, and Harper. If we get any 2 of those 3, I'll be satisfied.

York was the capital of the U.S. briefly, but it is no New York. :)

Reaction Score
It does not surprise me one bit that Chong would have Ohio St. in her final 4 choices. I don't think she is a college point guard, but it really doesn't matter. This day and age you cannot have enough ball handlers. Look at Notre Dame, and us.
Plus, I am sure there are a lot of young ladies just waiting to be the next Sammy Prahalis. I also believe asst. coach Debbie Black is helluva recruiter and, and as overseer of guard-play knows exactly what Jim Foster wants accomplished.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned UNC. I would like to continue with a few words. I was born and Ilive inNC. and I love Sylvia Hatchell so I do not mean any disrespect. The big news early on was the Fab 5 recruiting class with Diamond and the rest. The Day sisters have already decommitted and I suspect there will be more. I just think it will be harder to recruit great young ladies when they MIGHT NOT get a lot of playing time. It just seems to me Geno has it figured out. He does not over-recruit. Which I think is very important for team chemistry. Rercruiting is not an exact science, but I do believe we do it much better than anyone else.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
It does not surprise me one bit that Chong would have Ohio St. in her final 4 choices. I don't think she is a college point guard, but it really doesn't matter. This day and age you cannot have enough ball handlers. Look at Notre Dame, and us.
Plus, I am sure there are a lot of young ladies just waiting to be the next Sammy Prahalis. I also believe asst. coach Debbie Black is helluva recruiter and, and as overseer of guard-play knows exactly what Jim Foster wants accomplished.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned UNC. I would like to continue with a few words. I was born and Ilive inNC. and I love Sylvia Hatchell so I do not mean any disrespect. The big news early on was the Fab 5 recruiting class with Diamond and the rest. The Day sisters have already decommitted and I suspect there will be more. I just think it will be harder to recruit great young ladies when they MIGHT NOT get a lot of playing time. It just seems to me Geno has it figured out. He does not over-recruit. Which I think is very important for team chemistry. Rercruiting is not an exact science, but I do believe we do it much better than anyone else.
I was in school with Slimmer dad and he comes from a great sports family and I agree it is not always good for your cup to runneth over.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was in school with Slimmer dad and he comes from a great sports family and I agree it is not always good for your cup to runneth over.

Didnt you say you live in Goldsboro??

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Didnt you say you live in Goldsboro??

From Goldsboro class of 52, Andy Giffith was one of my teachers. Moving to Durham next week from Graham. [ Grahamdevil ] use to be my handle.

Reaction Score
Hello Grahamdevil...
Thank you so much for the complement. Let's hear it for Beech St, Goldsboro, Nc, and Sir Walter Andy Griffith !

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
From Goldsboro class of 52, Andy Giffith was one of my teachers. Moving to Durham next week from Graham. [ Grahamdevil ] use to be my handle.

Ahhh.. Grahamdevil....... I remember you well..... always wondered where you had disappeared to :p

By the way.... is it worth the drive from Greensboro to eat at Hursey's BBQ ???

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ahhh.. Grahamdevil....... I remember you well..... always wondered where you had disappeared to :p

By the way.... is it worth the drive from Greensboro to eat at Hursey's BBQ ???
The Boneyard is going to put Yelp and UrbanSpoon out of business one of these days. :D

Reaction Score
Ohio State has been on the case since the very beginning. They have been going hard and long after her. Black was almost a fixture at Ossining games the past year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In another thread, someone reported that Saniya had dropped Maryland. Is that confirmed?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
reportedly UMD is done for 2013
per HG, they have verbals from 3 players: a point guard, a 6-0 forward, and a 5-11 wing. plus they are still after Ronni Williams, the 3rd ranked wing in the class. Don't know what MD's roster situation is.

My guess is UConn or OSU for Saniya.

Reaction Score
... My guess is UConn or OSU for Saniya.
Wouldn't you know it? UConn gets a crack at a prospect located about as close as you can get for an out-of-state player (120 miles), and Chong doesn't care about location!

Go figure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
per HG, they have verbals from 3 players: a point guard, a 6-0 forward, and a 5-11 wing. plus they are still after Ronni Williams, the 3rd ranked wing in the class. Don't know what MD's roster situation is.

My guess is UConn or OSU for Saniya.
That is exactly what HG shows. I am not sure why they don't list Saniya.

In terms of their roster, see http://www.umterps.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/md-w-baskbl-mtt.html. Counting the 2012 frosh, the Terps list 11 players. Deduct 2 seniors, and they should have room for up to 6 in the class of 2013. However, their budget is a disaster; maybe the AD wants to keep them under 15.

Reaction Score
Wasn't that your parents' stipulation if they paid the tuition?

Actually tuition was free at Cal Berkeley where I was accepted...about 20 minutes from home at the time...not going there was another one of my questionable decisions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom