Chong down to four | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chong down to four

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually tuition was free at Cal Berkeley where I was accepted...about 20 minutes from home at the time...not going there was another one of my questionable decisions!
Who beat out Berkeley?

Reaction Score
My criteria was school had to be at least 1000 miles away...
It appears that was my son's criteria too. Home to Atlanta is just under 1,000 miles. Georgia Tech was the best academic decision for him, even if it was the hardest emotional one for me. Entering his 4th year, and already a job waiting for him if he chooses to accept it. A bit farther away than Atlanta - Palo Alto, CA.

Yeah, I know. We have diverged from the topic...Alex, I will save you the trouble:

4633595222_30f90dc385.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It appears that was my son's criteria too. Home to Atlanta is just under 1,000 miles. Georgia Tech was the best academic decision for him, even if it was the hardest emotional one for me. Entering his 4th year, and already a job waiting for him if he chooses to accept it. A bit farther away than Atlanta - Palo Alto, CA.

Yeah, I know. We have diverged from the topic...Alex, I will save you the trouble:

Silicon Valley job offer! Very nice! You must be very proud. You can go visit every other December and tie it in with UConn breaking the Cardinal home court winning streak. :)

Reaction Score
ESPN says MD they have four verbals if you scroll down and read the blurb. http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl...-kentucky-maryland-building-strong-2013-class I am under the impression HG is now understaffed or downsizing because they closed the forums and some writers are gone therefore maybe they haven't been updating the commitment lists on the actual team pages. Most teams do not use all 15 scholarships if there are players in other graduating classes coaches like they just save the scholarships.

Just like I said last week I believe it is OSU or UCONN.

Reaction Score

Silicon Valley is great...and I hear the real estate's a little more reasonable these days...actually reasonable is probably a poor choice of words! ;)

Reaction Score
Good school, but it's in Texas. :)

At 18, I wasn't ready to go 1,000 miles, but at 20, I would have gone to Berkeley in a heartbeat.

I went there for summer school twice...still had NIXON spray-painted on the buildings with the swastika in place of the X....

Reaction Score
Silicon Valley is great...and I hear the real estate's a little more reasonable these days...actually reasonable is probably a poor choice of words! ;)
Couldn't be beat for his internship this summer. Company paid his rent. They also provide three meals a day, Monday through Saturday, free of charge. They do his laundry even. Rooftop parties at the San Fransico home of the billionaire founder of the company (also was founder of PayPal). Silicon Valley jobs are not in any way like a real world workplace!!! I cannot tell you how jealous - and yes, proud - I am of him!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Couldn't be beat for his internship this summer. Company paid his rent. They also provide three meals a day, Monday through Saturday, free of charge. They do his laundry even. Rooftop parties at the San Fransico home of the billionaire founder of the company (also was founder of PayPal). Silicon Valley jobs are not in any way like a real world workplace!!! I cannot tell you how jealous - and yes, proud - I am of him!
In the boom times of 1998-2000, software engineers were getting 2-year leases on BMW Z-3s as signing bonuses. The downside was that some of them lost their jobs in the downturn just as the leases ran out.

Real world? Nah!

Reaction Score

You should be! Most of my family is out in the Bay Area, and I love it there...

My nephew, on the other hand, is interning with Chevron in their Gulf Operations out of Baton Rouge...he's spending his time out on an oil platform...yikes!

Reaction Score
And People's Park.

I worked with a guy who was in the National Guard at People's Park. One night he's on guard duty and the prettiest little flower girl brought them brownies and flirted for awhile...you can guess the rest...still gets flashbacks!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You should be! Most of my family is out in the Bay Area, and I love it there...

My nephew, on the other hand, is interning with Chevron in their Gulf Operations out of Baton Rouge...he's spending his time out on an oil platform...yikes!
Baton Rouge or Lafayette?

Reaction Score
He's in Baton Rouge, which I guess is where the Gulf Operations are headquartered. My wife is from New Orleans and we're having our son and his wife keep an eye on him.

He was the programmer for his high school robotics team that made the International finals twice here in Atlanta. Smart boy...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
He's in Baton Rouge, which I guess is where the Gulf Operations are headquartered. My wife is from New Orleans and we're having our son and his wife keep an eye on him.

He was the programmer for his high school robotics team that made the International finals twice here in Atlanta. Smart boy...
I had a kid from church whose wedding I just did on July 7th that is a PSU petroleum and natural gas engineer who was stationed in Lafayette about 50 miles from Baton Rouge. He is like my own kid and now works for Chevron in Bakersfield.

Reaction Score
I had a kid from church whose wedding I just did on July 7th that is a PSU petroleum and natural gas engineer who was stationed in Lafayette about 50 miles from Baton Rouge. He is like my own kid and now works for Chevron in Bakersfield.

My brother-in-law runs the downstream technology for Chevron...Paul Allinson...his son in Baton Rouge is Christian. We ought to hook them up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom