Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Your sources are so down the food chain - you are bottom fishing.
Yeah...I mean, if I needed to call your bluff I would actually engage someone in the huddles but since we all know you are BSing here about the Dislikes, no need to call it in.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My guess is you did not have morons attacking you on social media either as AG did followed by a “UConn fan” wearing that shirt. It’s a terrible look for our program and the head coach job if Danny leaves will be harder to fill. Too many here try to normalize crazy people. The head coach has spoken on the subject - consider what he said.
Some here think the problem is I don’t care for 9,300 Dislikes, as opposed to the problem being some unstable person spending hours every day for weeks spending most of his day Disliking posts there’s been no discussion on in years. Yet, his progress is limited by the thousands of organic Likes Chief gets on current topics - so he and his posse get even more bitter about life.
Actually, the key metric for a poster is Total Reactions - so these clowns have actually dramatically helped Chief in a pure poster value, higher profile kind of way. But, the psychological instability is a big concerned as is the damage they have done to a program many love. When you see the damage they are doing to this forum and to the program - it’s a very bad look. Listen to Danny.
speaking of crazy people...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My guess is you did not have morons attacking you on social media either as AG did followed by a “UConn fan” wearing that shirt. It’s a terrible look for our program and the head coach job if Danny leaves will be harder to fill. Too many here try to normalize crazy people. The head coach has spoken on the subject - consider what he said.
Some here think the problem is I don’t care for 9,300 Dislikes, as opposed to the problem being some unstable person spending hours every day for weeks spending most of his day Disliking posts there’s been no discussion on in years. Yet, his progress is limited by the thousands of organic Likes Chief gets on current topics - so he and his posse get even more bitter about life.
Actually, the key metric for a poster is Total Reactions - so these clowns have actually dramatically helped Chief in a pure poster value, higher profile kind of way. But, the psychological instability is a big concerned as is the damage they have done to a program many love. When you see the damage they are doing to this forum and to the program - it’s a very bad look. Listen to Danny.
You know Hurley was talking about AG not you right? Never mind, don’t answer.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight:
1) Gilbert has a game where he can’t hit the ocean from a boat.
2) A fan shows great displeasure in this shooting percentage and goes out and creates a Dislike shirt to relay this displeasure to all the fans that have traveled far and wide.
3) The team is so upset by this fan that they had a hard time keeping their composure early on Sunday.
4) The team used this slight that could only be squarely targeting them as a rallying cry to blow out The U.

Yep, makes complete and total sense.

Reaction Score

Totally normal stuff.

Seriously, though, you could tell that Hurley was getting tired of people disliking Chief's posts and he finally had to say something. You have to respect it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
pops told me, when I began frosh year of hs, 'son, you've finished eighth grade, and now you've witnessed the full range of the human interaction dynamic. it truly is a graduation in the complete sense of the word. mean girls, bad boys, kindness, charity, deceit, lunacy, all of it you've seen firsthand. it'll be that way until the good lord calls you home.' pack rats gonna rat. free chief.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
you could tell that Hurley was getting tired of people disliking Chief's posts and he finally had to say something.

source (2).gif

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Another thread down the toilet. For a team trending up in a big way, with a 25 point blowout of Miami yesterday, you'd think we could talk some basketball.

We tend to get in trouble when we do that, so...let's all just jump in the muck!

Reaction Score
The team rallied around Chief to beat Miami.

I really wanted to give you a like for this, I really did. But it was so self evident, that all I could come up with was "duh". Chief is a guiding light of positivity. Glad he could impose his will on Danny and the players.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Another thread down the toilet. For a team trending up in a big way, with a 25 point blowout of Miami yesterday, you'd think we could talk some basketball.
We have a week until our next game. I don't expect the level of discourse to improve any time soon.

I do expect some of the usual turkey hatred, which should give both Chief and Alterique a break for at least a few days.

C

Chief00

Totally normal stuff.

Seriously, though, you could tell that Hurley was getting tired of people disliking Chief's posts and he finally had to say something. You have to respect it.

I am glad Danny said what he did. You have two choices - ignore the crazies or confront them. There’s no perfect answer and people are going to criticize you either way. But, the problem isn’t how you choose to respond, it’s the obsessive, disgruntled and deranged behavior that starts it. I knew this had been building and Danny had enough - and what better way after a big win.
Chief has chosen to take the high road. True, I could hire some temps at $15 an hour to dislike every post these dudes ever made but then that would also be making a mockery of the stated reason for that button and being disrespectful to those who thoughtfully choose to like or dislike something. At any rate, people should have healthier, less tedious tasks - since they wouldn’t have the bitterness and hatred to propel them as the tzzandrew posse does.

Reaction Score
I am glad Danny said what he did. You have two choices - ignore the crazies or confront them. There’s no perfect answer and people are going to criticize you either way. But, the problem isn’t how you choose to respond, it’s the obsessive, disgruntled and deranged behavior that starts it. I knew this had been building and Danny had enough - and what better way after a big win.
Chief has chosen to take the high road. True, I could hire some temps at $15 an hour to dislike every post these dudes ever made but then that would also be making a mockery of the stated reason for that button and being disrespectful to those who thoughtfully choose to like or dislike something. At any rate, people should have healthier, less tedious tasks - since they wouldn’t have the bitterness and hatred to propel them as the tzzandrew posse does.

Yeah, you've definitely taken the high road on this topic. Credit to you.

Reaction Score
True, I could hire some temps at $15 an hour to dislike every post these dudes ever made but then that would also be making a mockery of the stated reason for that button and being disrespectful to those who thoughtfully choose to like or dislike something.

On or off the books?

Reaction Score
But, the problem isn’t how you choose to respond, it’s the obsessive, disgruntled and deranged behavior that starts it.

Borges said that the issue was some fans sending gilbert insulting tweets nothing to do with the boneyard or the fans at games. the announcers couldnt stop talking about how great the uconn crowd was. said they were the 6th man against miami.

Reaction Score
Holy sh¡t looney tunes. I guess we now know where you derive your handle from. How’s Nurse Ratched???

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I do expect some of the usual turkey hatred, which should give both Chief and Alterique a break for at least a few days.
Which is equally unAmerican. Why can't we all just get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom