Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Chief’s Briefs - Miami Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Update - Boom!

> 7,000 views/123 replies/88% likes to total reactions on original post.

Just hit the cover off the ball! The good guys are winning.
CBHqkHm.gif

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is nice. I appreciate Danny Hurley taking time from recruiting, dealing with the press, planning for games. handling all his meetings with staff, players, administration, not to mention running his personal life to have Chief's back. The last guy would not have done that. Hey for 3 million plus, would any of us have expected less.
Danny’s good people.

Reaction Score
So in your World, these animated symbols replaces Calhoun’s approach of settling things out in the parking lot. I think I like Calhoun’s approach better.

You like his approach so much that you cried about losing your likes on a message board until they were restored. C'mon, Chief, if you're going to go hardo, you've gotta go full hardo.

C

Chief00

You like his approach so much that you cried about losing your likes on a message board until they were restored. C'mon, Chief, if you're going to go hardo, you've gotta go full hardo.
I don’t let people hiding behind anonymity attempt to intimidate me or anyone else in a sneaky way by disliking nearly 10,000 posts not read in years. That wasn’t the stated purpose of the dislike button, so Chief called them out. We all know what they were doing as we did when they disliked my post about AG being a “Great kid”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don’t let people hiding behind anonymity attempt to bully me or anyone else in a sneaky way by disliking posts not read in years. That wasn’t the stated purpose of the dislike button, so Chief called them out. We all know what they were doing as we did when they disliked my post about AG being a “Great kid”.
94BEB44B-EBEB-4E1D-9D56-6870F20490D5.jpeg

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I don’t let people hiding behind anonymity attempt to bully me or anyone else in a sneaky way by disliking posts not read in years. That wasn’t the stated purpose of the dislike button, so Chief called them out. We all know what they were doing as we did when they disliked my post about AG being a “Great kid”.

If it shuts you up, I give mods permission to transfer all of my likes to you.

Reaction Score
I consider myself someone who probably takes a mcbb forum too seriously. Imagine taking it so seriously that *this* occurs.

Now don't get me wrong; I am totally okay with the chief revolt and counter protest. This is a wave I'm willing to ride. Haven't logged onto the board so much in years

CL82

Reaction Score
Well I, for one gave up my anonymity on this board months ago. But if someone likes my post or not, it may affect me for a few seconds. Just not that important. That is me.
How’s everything going? Did your neighbor climb back under the rock that he crawled out of? Did any of your neighbors come through with the help they offered?

I’ve been wondering but I wasn’t going to bring it up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How’s everything going? Did your neighbor climb back under the rock that he crawled out of? Did any of your neighbors come through with the help they offered?

I’ve been wondering but I wasn’t going to bring it up.
You know...each day is an adventure. Just prepping for the holidays. The neighbor has gone incognito. They were trying to start up a GofundMe, which I nixed. People had been coming by with meals. The Hospice team is who really stepped up, with support having people come by at least 3 days a week. They also put me in touch with a group the brings prepared meals for my wife regularly.

CL82

Reaction Score
You know...each day is an adventure. Just prepping for the holidays. The neighbor has gone incognito. They were trying to start up a GofundMe, which I nixed. People had been coming by with meals. The Hospice team is who really stepped up, with support having people come by at least 3 days a week. They also put me in touch with a group the brings prepared meals for my wife regularly.
I wondered if that initial burst of support would fizzle. Still, it sounds like things are going as good as they can be, especially with the hospice care. I’m sure things are not easy, even with the help. For whatever it’s worth, my heart goes out to you, and I really respect the way you are handling this.
Have a good Thanksgiving.

C

Chief00

What's your girlfriend think of this approach, professionally and all?
She’s a huge Calhoun fan, loves the guy, would gladly pick cups up off the floor for Jim any day, as would I.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You would take my likes.
No, you miss the point too. I don’t want anything artificial - No likes from someone else or BOT like dislikes on posts up to 8 year old.
As I said 88% of reaction to the OP on the Briefs were Likes - which are unique users rather than the circle posse - a small group that like each other’s posts all the time and dislike every one of mine. It’s crazy conduct, let’s not dress it up and put lipstick on it. I am glad Dan is calling out similar type crazy stuff.

Reaction Score
I wondered if that initial burst of support would fizzle. Still, it sounds like things are going as good as they can be, especially with the hospice care. I’m sure things are not easy, even with the help. For whatever it’s worth, my heart goes out to you, and I really respect the way you are handling this.
Have a good Thanksgiving.
Thanks - you also.

Reaction Score
No, you miss the point too. I don’t want anything artificial - No likes from someone else or BOT like dislikes on posts up to 8 year old.
As I said 88% of reaction to the OP on the Briefs were Likes - which are unique users rather than the circle posse - a small group that like each other’s posts all the time and dislike every one of mine. It’s crazy conduct, let’s not dress it up and put lipstick on it. I am glad Dan is calling out similar type crazy stuff.
Why is this so important to you? Total strangers clicking a button on your post? I really don't get it. Don't you have a job? A life outside of here?
I am just curious.

Reaction Score

For the life of me I don't know why you care so much about this. Total head scratcher.................

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
She’s a huge Calhoun fan, loves the guy, would gladly pick cups up off the floor for Jim any day, as would I.
I didnt know we were changing the topic from what your girlfriends professional thoughts were about your preferred method of settling things in a parking lot to things your girlfriend would do for Jim Calhoun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom