Charli Collier to UCONN!!!!! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier to UCONN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
YOU brought it up, YOU suggest the solution...WHERE?

That's a pic from last year, so add one. We MIGHT be able to fit two more, but no more than that without making it look silly by scrunching them together.
The classics line from "Jaws" was "We're going to need a bigger boat." I think something along those lines is apropos here. :D

Reaction Score
Very Happy. Our first big recruit since Charles and Dolson. Azura does not count as a 4 yr recruit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is this good for WCBB?

UConn has been wonderful for women's basketball. UConn has been wonderful for promising recruits. Outstanding players have thrived at UConn. Great players + great program = great for the game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Kim better get busy for 2018. I am hoping for Smith, Williams and Queen Egbo. I think Egbo is a real sleeper in this class.

Baylor should have the bigs to compete through 2018 with Brown, Mompremier and Cox, plus some good guard play with Chou, Morris, Richards and Ursin, but another impact player or two would help a lot. Hopefully that's enough to compete for runner-up.

Reaction Score
YOU brought it up, YOU suggest the solution...WHERE?

That's a pic from last year, so add one. We MIGHT be able to fit two more, but no more than that without making it look silly by scrunching them together.
But it on the Guys Side.... They way they are playing they will not be adding any anytime soon.... OH... Did I say that?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kim better get busy for 2018. I am hoping for Smith, Williams and Queen Egbo. I think Egbo is a real sleeper in this class.

Baylor should have the bigs to compete through 2018 with Brown, Mompremier and Cox, plus some good guard play with Chou, Morris, Richards and Ursin, but another impact player or two would help a lot. Hopefully that's enough to compete for runner-up.

A lot of schools wanted Collier, good for UConn getting her to commit.. but she's not the only good to great big in this class, along with those you listed, there are still others.. IMO, this class is actually pretty deep in good to great bigs. If you nab a big in the top-75 in this class, odds are you got a good one.. I'm happy as long as SC gets one, preferably Nelson-Ododa but if not then there are others. SC has a post friendly offense and a post friendly coach... I'm hoping that works out in our favor with one of the elite bigs in this class though.

We nabbed Herbert-Harrigan in 2016 and have Williams coming in 2017, but both are 6'2"/6'3" and play like stretch-4s.. we need another 6'4"/6'5" beast down low. We haven't had a 6'4" or bigger forward since Wilson and our last true center was Coates in 2013.. we're due in 2018.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
This is getting int0 urban legend terrritory. Stewie did not predict she would win 4 NCs, she said she wanted to win them. There's huge difference between a prediction and a desire. Somehow, the media didn't seem to know that -- predictions make better copy than do aspirations, after all.

Joe Namath predicted the Jets would shock the world; Stewie was never cocky enough to engage in predictions.

Spot on, and thank you for posting this reminder.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Spot on, and thank you for posting this reminder.

For future reference, Charli was quoted as saying that she knew that UConn has eleven national championships and "I want to help them get four more." All (Stewie) aspiration, no (Namath) prediction.;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey, Tonehill, Start having your meals trucked in, Heaven forbid you miss something. Are you the same Tony Hill from the ESPN boards? I'm alumni of that board.

I may have to agree with you about dinner and yes, I am the same Tony Hill from the ESPN boards. How are you?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I may have to agree with you about dinner and yes, I am the same Tony Hill from the ESPN boards. How are you?

I'm well, thank you. I'm enjoying the day, along with the news of our latest commit. I don't do the ESPN board anymore. This is the place to be if you're a UConn fan, which I am. I love it here.
Enjoy your weekend. :cool:

Reaction Score
Mea culpa, mea culpa ...Can't believe I left Lexi out of the migration (even more surprising is that nobody called me on it :eek: ). So ...first Lexi, then Megan, now Charli. Before they're done there might even be a Myra!

Coach Karen must reeeeally be PO'd.

I assume you are thinking of Moriah Jefferson, not Megan Walker, when listing Texas 'migrants' to UConn. Walker will be migrating a much shorter distance, from Virginia. The timeline would thus be 'first Moriah, then Lexi (Gordon), now Charlie (Collier)...'

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Heard a report on TV that, Azure Stevens. had given Geno a 2 year commitment upon transferring to Conn.
I hope that's accurate. I assume that's 2 years of playing plus the year that she has to sit out.

It's a very real possibility that Azura, Lou, and Napheesa will go 1-2-3 in the draft. Some in the know think that Azura would be a top-5 player and even a strong NPOY candidate this season, if she were eligible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A lot of schools wanted Collier, good for UConn getting her to commit.. but she's not the only good to great big in this class, along with those you listed, there are still others.. IMO, this class is actually pretty deep in good to great bigs. If you nab a big in the top-75 in this class, odds are you got a good one.. I'm happy as long as SC gets one, preferably Nelson-Ododa but if not then there are others. SC has a post friendly offense and a post friendly coach... I'm hoping that works out in our favor with one of the elite bigs in this class though.

We nabbed Herbert-Harrigan in 2016 and have Williams coming in 2017, but both are 6'2"/6'3" and play like stretch-4s.. we need another 6'4"/6'5" beast down low. We haven't had a 6'4" or bigger forward since Wilson and our last true center was Coates in 2013.. we're due in 2018.
I'm betting that some announcer will call her "Herbert Hoover"over the course of her career. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
If you're concerned that CC isn't a true center, consider that ESPN #1 post player Aliyah Boston '19 is still in the mix for UConn
To be honest, I have ZERO concerns for anyone UCONN is recruiting over the next 3-4 years. But... I'm greedy. Add Williams for 2018. Boston and Brunelle for 2019. Just keep it going. No reason Geno can't coach till he's 80!

Reaction Score
block by butlier
pulled down by charcollier
cross court to pheezcollier
bouce pass to auntiesam
behind the back to megabent
too much danger
get the gabbynurse!

Reaction Score
I am starting to understand why people were saying before this season that this was THE year that the rest of the women's college basketball world had better pry the championship away from UConn, or they might not get another chance for a few years more.

To our second Ms. Collier, may I say welcome aboard in advance. I must say after reading your post on your twitter page, you strike me as one classy young lady. Geno has tended to recruit people that meet that description, and I have no doubt that you will continue that tradition. As a season-ticket holder I look forward eagerly to watching you grow your game in Storrs.

I hope you have a great junior and senior season in Texas, PLEASE stay healthy and safe, and all of us here in the Boneyard look forward to seeing you in October of '18.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You folks may remember the interview a few weeks ago when Geno said that this is the season for teams to beat us, because we won't lose for 2 years starting in 2017. At the time of that statement, Geno apparently knew that he would be getting Charli, but may not have been sure about Meg. Will 2017-18 resemble 2015-16?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom