Charli Collier to UCONN!!!!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Charli Collier to UCONN!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is why I have never been so relaxed this season. This season is just gravy. It's supposed to be the down year. We are adding a ton of depth and talent starting next year and lose only Chong. Now Collier for 2018.

I am content for this year to just watch this team battle and scrap and hopefully ride a Bridgeport crowd to Dallas. Hoping for a 2012 type of year.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is this good for WCBB?

Charliebball, Collier coming to UConn is like looking at a shotgun. Whether it's good or not, depends on your vantage point. If you're holding it, you come away with a completely different perspective than if you're looking down the barrel, and the person holding it is not being friendly. :confused: Same gun, different points of view. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
This is why I have never been so relaxed this season. This season is just gravy. It's supposed to be the down year. We are adding a ton of depth and talent starting next year and lose only Chong. Now Collier for 2018.

I am content for this year to just watch this team battle and scrap and hopefully ride a Bridgeport crowd to Dallas. Hoping for a 2012 type of year.

ASweet3781, This ought to really make your day. I have it on good authority that upon hearing the news about Collier committing to UConn, Muffet McGraw had a one word response..............DAMN!!!! :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is still blowing me away, so I am going to repeat it:

"Coach Auriemma gave me goals before each game I played and then would check back with me to see if I met those goals. No other coach did that. He told me he could make me a better player. He is a special coach."

DT said something like this once: If you don't know him, you don't deserve to know him.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I go away for dinner at family and come back and see UCONN get another top recruit. I may have to start turning family down because you never know what's going to happen in HuskieLand. ;)

Hey, Tonehill, Start having your meals trucked in, Heaven forbid you miss something. Are you the same Tony Hill from the ESPN boards? I'm alumni of that board.

Carnac

Reaction Score
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FThe-Office.gif

This was Geno going back to his office after seeing Collier and her family off the campus after their visit (and giving him a commitment) during "First Night" weekend. :cool:

Reaction Score
Just to make sure I have this right...

In 2 years when Charli comes to UCONN the roster (baring transfers) should look like:

Seniors: Samuelson, N Collier, Stevens (R) (3)
Juniors: Bent, Dangerfield, Irwin, and Camara (R) (4)
Sophomores: Espinoza-Hunter, Coombs, Gordon, and Walker (4)
Freshman: C Collier (1)

So that is a total of 12 players. So there are three open scholarships.....
So what needs do we have in this class? I would love another tall player. Another 6'4" ish player.
If we only get two more from this class... who? C Williams, and ????

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"I am really excited to get down there," Collier said. "I watched Stefanie Dolson, Morgan Tuck. I watched them (Tuck and Breanna Stewart) last year, I see how they develop. It is amazing to see how good they were freshman year and how amazing they were senior year. That progress through the years is amazing, they weren't content at all and improved each year."

Yup. "Amazing!" :)

Reaction Score
Fairfield Fan, you forgot a few players: Napheesa Collier, Azura Stevens, Batouly Camara, Molly Bent, Kyla Irwin, Lexi Gordon, Mykala Coombs and Andrea Espinoza Hunter. Good luck projecting a starting lineup when you add Katie Lou, Crystal, Megan and Charli. My projection: Katie Lou, Napheesa, Crystal, Azura and Megan. Charli will have to wait a year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I wanted her to pick UConn just so we can have two Colliers.
Too bad they wouldn't overlap, but I like the idea of Christyn Williams following Gabby Williams. And Myra Gordon playing with her sister Lexie.

Reaction Score
This is getting int0 urban legend terrritory. Stewie did not predict she would win 4 NCs, she said she wanted to win them. There's huge difference between a prediction and a desire. Somehow, the media didn't seem to know that -- predictions make better copy than do aspirations, after all.

Joe Namath predicted the Jets would shock the world; Stewie was never cocky enough to engage in predictions.

You are correct, Paco. However, we are now in the era of POST-TRUTH, so better get with the times.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

In 2 years when Charli comes to UCONN the roster (baring transfers) should look like:

So what needs do we have in this class? I would love another tall player. Another 6'4" ish player.
For my answer, see : Here's my Christmas list:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I think the targets, in order, are Christyn Williams, Olivia Nelson-Ododa, and Honesty Scott-Grayson. CW is a scoring machine at guard, ONO is an uber-athletic interior player, and HSG is a very good PG who played with Batouly and Andi.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Stewart 2.0 ?

Looking at these two media clips of her, she appears to be able to run the floor smoothly, and can handle the ball, in addition to being very good under and around the basket. At 6-5, and being very agile, shes going to be a handful for a lot of teams. :eek:

Reaction Score
Start on the new banners....

YOU brought it up, YOU suggest the solution...WHERE?

Women's_Championship_Banners_at_Gampel_Pavilion.jpg

That's a pic from last year, so add one. We MIGHT be able to fit two more, but no more than that without making it look silly by scrunching them together.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Looking at these two media clips of her, she appears to be able to run the floor smoothly, and can handle the ball, in addition to being very good under and around the basket. At 6-5, and being very agile, shes going to be a handful for a lot of teams. :eek:

Two more years of inferior competition. Hope Geno keeps talking in her ear. Upper body strength and moves, moves, moves. Shoot 300-400 midrange a day. 200 at the perimeter 4. Piece of cake. Oh, yes, the baby hook ... made for you Charli.

Reaction Score
Mea culpa, mea culpa ...Can't believe I left Lexi out of the migration (even more surprising is that nobody called me on it :eek: ). So ...first Lexi, then Megan, now Charli. Before they're done there might even be a Myra!

Coach Karen must reeeeally be PO'd.

What about MoJeff? Or did she spurn Texas for UConn under the gaze of Gail get-a-title-and-THEN-we'll-talk Goestenkors, so she doesn't count?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
YOU brought it up, YOU suggest the solution...WHERE?

That's a pic from last year, so add one. We MIGHT be able to fit two more, but no more than that without making it look silly by scrunching them together.

A circling track that never stops moving? Like one of those drycleaner rack thingies? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom