Carlton, Whaley, Vital | The Boneyard

Carlton, Whaley, Vital

Reaction Score
Could be a good nucleus going forward. I hope Jalen is gone along with Larrier and Anderson who are both liabilities at this point (the latter much more so). Hand the reins over to AG and Vital, plug in a couple shooters, and we may have something in a couple years

Not sure how man more "couple years" we have, but that freshman pair and their potential is all the positive we have right now.

Was really impressed by some of the things Carlton was doing today. How many freshmen go for 13/9 (6 offensive), 2 assists, a steal, and a block, shooting 50% from the floor and 3/3 from the line, with no turnovers, against the clear cut #1 team in the country?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone who roots for this team could type the sentence "I hope Jalen is gone". Honestly, I don't.

I agree that the young nucleus looks good enough to build something with, but we only have one single proven scorer. I'm selfishly hoping he stays for next year...

Reaction Score
Vital would be a nice 6th man off the bench as a senior on a good team.
I really believe he will be a very good D1 player his senior year.

Reaction Score
Carlton could be great with some work in the weight room and some coaching.

He needs this coaching change more than anyone.
All of our big men need a new head coach. Why do you think we lost all our big men during the offseason with little to no competition up front?

Reaction Score
I hope Jalen is gone?

wow...

He is far from a perfect player, but I don't think you have any idea how terrible we would be without him. How about putting some good players around him instead?

Jalen is a magnificentbasketball player. But his attitude is a problem and affects the team

Reaction Score
Could be a good nucleus going forward. I hope Jalen is gone along with Larrier and Anderson who are both liabilities at this point (the latter much more so). Hand the reins over to AG and Vital, plug in a couple shooters, and we may have something in a couple years

Not sure how man more "couple years" we have, but that freshman pair and their potential is all the positive we have right now.

Was really impressed by some of the things Carlton was doing today. How many freshmen go for 13/9 (6 offensive), 2 assists, a steal, and a block, shooting 50% from the floor and 3/3 from the line, with no turnovers, against the clear cut #1 team in the country?
Holy . Yep, push out our two best players. A core of Vital, Carlton, and Whaley has to be capable of about 5 wins.

Reaction Score
Wake up, Jalen is not good for this program.
He is KO's safety net so he doesn't have to figure how to play offense with the current roster.

Reaction Score
Next year a lineup of Adams, Gilbert, Wilson, Whaley, and Carlton with Vital as the 6th man has a lot of potential. But then again, Ollie has had talent in the past and can't do anything with it..

Reaction Score
With the possible new transfer rules coming sadly I wouldn't count on any player with value sticking around unless the team turns a corner from the abyss.

Reaction Score
Whaley is that kid that no coach can scout. He'll never be a guy to get tobs of stats. But he makes few mistakes, and the team is just better with him out there. Makes the right pass before the pass, scraps, communicates constantly. Every good team needs one of them

Reaction Score
Next year a lineup of Adams, Gilbert, Wilson, Whaley, and Carlton with Vital as the 6th man has a lot of potential. But then again, Ollie has had talent in the past and can't do anything with it..
You really think Adams will be back? I doubt it as he will just go to the G-league if he can't still on an NBA roster.

Reaction Score
This team could have been decent with Gilbert at the point, Jalen at 2 guard and Vital as the 3rd guard when going small. Gilbert's ability to drive and dish would create more good scoring opportunities. With this scenario Anderson's time would have dropped dramatically. Larrier's role would have been better defined where he would not be doing as much ball handling. Gilbert's injury was the start of the downward spiral

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone who roots for this team could type the sentence "I hope Jalen is gone". Honestly, I don't.

I agree that the young nucleus looks good enough to build something with, but we only have one single proven scorer. I'm selfishly hoping he stays for next year...
Really I just want to rip the band-aid off and move on with the pieces we will have for the next 2-3 years.

It's nothing against Jalen or his game. I see a lot of people seem to have perceived that statement in that way.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Vital would be a decent second or third player off the bench for a good team. If you’re relying on him to start and play 30+ minutes a game, you’re just not going to be very good.

Wait and see how well this works without Adams next year.

Anyone care to guess what our record would be without him this year?

Reaction Score
This team could have been decent with Gilbert at the point, Jalen at 2 guard and Vital as the 3rd guard when going small. Gilbert's ability to drive and dish would create more good scoring opportunities. With this scenario Anderson's time would have dropped dramatically. Larrier's role would have been better defined where he would not be doing as much ball handling. Gilbert's injury was the start of the downward spiral
Problem was he was another guard who couldn't shoot from the outside. I mean how can a team with 4 guards not have one guy who can shoot consistently from the outside?

Reaction Score
Vital would be a decent second or third player off the bench for a good team. If you’re relying on him to start and play 30+ minutes a game, you’re just not going to be very good.

Wait and see how well this works without Adams next year.

Anyone care to guess what our record would be without him this year?
Just subtract all those close games against inferior opponents and you would have a pretty good idea.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Really I just want to rip the band-aid off and move on with the pieces we will have for the next 2-3 years.

It's nothing against Jalen or his game.

I can’t argue with the sentiment.

But I would argue that Jalen is not the band-aid that needs to be ripped off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom