Can we celebrate yet? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can we celebrate yet?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
It’s hard to overstate just how important Aliyah is to the future of UConn WBB. The top post in the class of 2019, living an hour away from Storrs is just about a must have for the Huskies.

I am absolutely with you!
1542059538868.png
They would be a very nice frontline with Aliyah at center (Tina like power center), Olivia at forward (fingers crossed Stewie like), and Megan at wing/forward (Pheabby like). I said like, not exactly like since they will all develop their own style. However, if their style has a bit of Tina, Stewie, Phee, and Gabby I will not complain.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Why post stuff like this? And no we can't. FTR, particularly those who like to paint a picture of this board with a broad brush, I think this post is ridiculous.

Superstitious pessimist!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Of course. Doesn’t everyone already know that UConn gets all the top recruits...:cool:

Aw c'mon oldude: HuskyNan said she welcomed your opinions. Didn't see anything about delusions! :rolleyes: ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for the information. The dead period starts today, Nov 12. Yesterday, at the tOSU/UConn game, it would be perfectly acceptable for Geno, or Kevin McGuff for that matter, to chat with Aliyah.

Hey OD, I bet you had no idea that what you probably perceived as an "innocent wishful thought" , would generate this much buzz. did you? :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hey OD, I bet you had no idea that what you probably perceived as an "innocent wishful thought" , would generate this much buzz. did you? :eek:
Just trying to stir up the pot on a lazy Monday.....;)

Reaction Score
Thank you for your courteous feedback.

Excuse me for asking this, but why react so bitterly to a speculative question that was intended to generate some light-hearted discussion?

DUDE> With you all the way on this one, Son. Also , no disrespect intended to The Cat who does alot of good things on here

Reaction Score
The last few years and particularly the last 2 years, MS and ND have battled UConn to the last shot in OT. Surely one has to admit that parity has come to WCBB. The UT and UConn days of yesterday domination have probably been gone. We now have a bunch of teams with great players contending for the FF and NC. So it's not a surprise that there is much greater competition for HS great talents. I am really surprised and happy that Geno and staff are still in the conversation for landing great players. Geno has mellowed quite a bit and his practices were still hard but it's not easy for HS players even if they are nationally ranked to put up with them. Not saying that practices at other schools were not as demanding. It's takes a special kind of players to put up with Geno's system.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well put. Good to see a post from you...been awhile. Even us Domers notice. Don't be a stranger (if you can). ;)
I've been busy breaking my foot and moving to Florida. It's been an...exciting summer. I'm looking forward to restricting my excitement to the basketball court.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why can't I copy and paste GIF's anymore? Moderators? Anyone?
Dunno, worked for me. Are you sure the .gif you were linking is from a site that allows .gifs to be linked?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dunno, worked for me. Are you sure the .gif you were linking is from a site that allows .gifs to be linked?
Yeah. I mean, I've been copying and pasting the same way for some time. The last few times, well since the changes, it's been a no go.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So instead of coping the gif itself I copied the URL link. It worked. Thanks. It was me all along.

Reaction Score
The last few years and particularly the last 2 years, MS and ND have battled UConn to the last shot in OT. Surely one has to admit that parity has come to WCBB. The UT and UConn days of yesterday domination have probably been gone. We now have a bunch of teams with great players contending for the FF and NC. So it's not a surprise that there is much greater competition for HS great talents. I am really surprised and happy that Geno and staff are still in the conversation for landing great players. Geno has mellowed quite a bit and his practices were still hard but it's not easy for HS players even if they are nationally ranked to put up with them. Not saying that practices at other schools were not as demanding. It's takes a special kind of players to put up with Geno's system.

I think it's too early to admit that parity has come to the WCBB based on two last second shots in OT. Remember that UConn had "down" periods after the last two championship runs (after TASSK and after Maya), down periods that were considerably lower than two losses in two years. What I will concede is that there are more teams that are aggressively pursuing the top spot and this, coupled with a greater awareness on the part of top high school players, makes the recruitment process more competitive than in years past.

Reaction Score
Love your thoughts and positive outlook Old Dude - it's all fine by me.

And, as, Donald Sutherland was known to say - "quit hittin' me with those negative waves Moriarty"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom