Can we celebrate yet? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Can we celebrate yet?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I've been busy breaking my foot and moving to Florida. It's been an...exciting summer. I'm looking forward to restricting my excitement to the basketball court.
Broken foot? Ouch!

I hope it has healed and you are enjoying Florida!

Reaction Score
That's true, but she got her complementary pass from UConn. If she was sitting behind the tOSU bench, this would have been a much different conversation this morning.

If she decides to sign with the program that showed the better post play yesterday I think we're doomed. 15 offensive rebounds from a couple pedestrian bangers. Ouch.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Why can't I copy and paste GIF's anymore? Moderators? Anyone?

image.gif

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Broken foot? Ouch!

I hope it has healed and you are enjoying Florida!
Broke it two places, actually. The bone is fine now but the muscle and tissue around it will take a while to fully heal. It just aches every now and then after long walks or challenging exercise.

It’s still quite warm down here, low to mid 80’s although a cold snap is coming and temps are only expected to be 70 on Friday. I might actually have to wear long pants or a cardigan to keep warm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Has a time been schedule for the Jones announcement tomorrow?
I was wondering the same. I'll look. My guess would be after school, maybe 3 PM PST (6 PM EST).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Based on verbal commitments, ESPN lists MD with the #1 recruiting class. At this point in time UConn doesn’t even make the top 20. We haven’t seen a situation like this since, well, last year when Liv & Christyn announced at the 11th hour. Fingers crossed....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Broke it two places, actually. The bone is fine now but the muscle and tissue around it will take a while to fully heal. It just aches every now and then after long walks or challenging exercise.

It’s still quite warm down here, low to mid 80’s although a cold snap is coming and temps are only expected to be 70 on Friday. I might actually have to wear long pants or a cardigan to keep warm.
It sounds as if you are most of the way there on the rehab. Best wishes!

Enjoy the warm weather. Connecticut is a nice place, but the climate can be challenging.

Reaction Score
I am absolutely with you! View attachment 36261 They would be a very nice frontline with Aliyah at center (Tina like power center), Olivia at forward (fingers crossed Stewie like), and Megan at wing/forward (Pheabby like). I said like, not exactly like since they will all develop their own style. However, if their style has a bit of Tina, Stewie, Phee, and Gabby I will not complain.
I like your thinking!! Pheabby or GabpreciousMeg?
If Geno see's a Pheesa in Megan character he shall bring it out. Olivia, at this point is a better forward than center and under Geno, if Stewie is hidden in there ---he'll push shove pull her out. I don't want Aliyah to be a TINA like --it took Tina most of 3 years to start being Tina. It would be great should Aliyah, at Uconn, become Tina next year.

Reaction Score
I like your thinking!! Pheabby or GabpreciousMeg?
If Geno see's a Pheesa in Megan character he shall bring it out. Olivia, at this point is a better forward than center and under Geno, if Stewie is hidden in there ---he'll push shove pull her out. I don't want Aliyah to be a TINA like --it took Tina most of 3 years to start being Tina. It would be great should Aliyah, at Uconn, become Tina next year.

Tina Charles averaged 13pts/8rbs/2blks a game and was the National Freshman of the Year and Big East Freshman of the Year in her first year. If Boston does commit here and puts up numbers like those, I will be ecstatic!!!

Reaction Score
Tina Charles averaged 13pts/8rbs/2blks a game and was the National Freshman of the Year and Big East Freshman of the Year in her first year. If Boston does commit here and puts up numbers like those, I will be ecstatic!!!

I like your post so much I copied it thrice! I''m of the opinion none of these current or future recruits MUST be a carbon copy of a past standout. IT IS sufficient they become the best CW, Coombs, ONO or Boston, Jones they have the talent to be--and I think there is a lot of talent in those bodies. I do celebrate some common threads that run between them and a standout.

Reaction Score
Based on verbal commitments, ESPN lists MD with the #1 recruiting class. At this point in time UConn doesn’t even make the top 20. We haven’t seen a situation like this since, well, last year when Liv & Christyn announced at the 11th hour. Fingers crossed....
A couple of positive news will change this like last year. I remember the last 2 years final games when the last shot didn't go in UConn favor. It's that close. I am anxious and antsy and worry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom