Can we celebrate yet? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can we celebrate yet?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We are in the WCBB dead period now. No one from Geno's program should be having face to face contact with recruits or their parents or watching their games. Here's a link to the NCAA WCBB recruiting calendar for those interested in reading more: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018-19DIREC_WomensBasketballRecruitingCalendar_20180828.pdf
Thanks for the information. The dead period starts today, Nov 12. Yesterday, at the tOSU/UConn game, it would be perfectly acceptable for Geno, or Kevin McGuff for that matter, to chat with Aliyah.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the information. The dead period starts today, Nov 12. Yesterday, at the tOSU/UConn game, it would be perfectly acceptable for Geno, or Kevin McGuff for that matter, to chat with Aliyah.
I know but hopefully Geno didn't. Hopefully Geno left a little buffer other than 10 hours knowing that the NCAA would use any excuse to sanction him like they did with the Mo'ne Davis thing. I could see Emmert claiming UConn violated it because it was November 12th already somewhere on the planet even if not in Storrs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We don't have that much longer to wait. Haley Jones said that she's going to announce her destination in less than 48 hours (Wednesday), the first day of the early signing period November 14-21.

Boston said the she will announce her decision while she's at home next week. So in the next 9 days, the suspense will end. By next Wednesday, we'll know where Jones and Boston are headed. :cool:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised at this late date, after completing all of her official visits, that she is still mulling over her decision. Assuming that she has made her decision, asking UConn for a complementary pass would be somewhat questionable if she intends to go somewhere else.

Not sure that it's a safe assumption that she has made her decision. I seem to recall one high profile recruit who said she didn't decide until the day before her signing ceremony, though I can't remember who that was.

I mean, it's quite possible she's been leaning hard towards UConn for months.

I just would be careful about making assumptions about the mind of teenager :eek:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I know but hopefully Geno didn't. Hopefully Geno left a little buffer other than 10 hours knowing that the NCAA would use any excuse to sanction him like they did with the Mo'ne Davis thing. I could see Emmert claiming UConn violated it because it was November 12th already somewhere on the planet even if not in Storrs.
That would be some kind of crazy conspiracy. FYI, Haley Jones was visiting Oregon on Sunday, so the NCAA would have to also sanction the Ducks, although by your way of thinking, they might institute some special West Coast time zone exception. :rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not sure that it's a safe assumption that she has made her decision. I seem to recall one high profile recruit who said she didn't decide until the day before her signing ceremony, though I can't remember who that was.

I mean, it's quite possible she's been leaning hard towards UConn for months.

I just would be careful about making assumptions about the mind of teenager :eek:
Og, I admire your persistence in attempting to shoot holes through my argument. I know Boston is a key recruit for ND as she is for UConn. But the basketball gods just rewarded ND with the one championship they're supposed to earn every 10 years or so on the strength of two buzzer beaters. It's time for UConn to reassert control over WBB by securing, Boston, Jones, Bueckers, Fudd, etc. In another 10 years or so, I'm perfectly fine with ND winning another championship. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just when I though this thread couldn't get any more ridiculous. Really? The NCAA is going to revise the calendar to get Geno and UCONN?

Reaction Score
Could you see Jones being the apparent to Ionescu in oregon ? I have a hard time seeing that tbh .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
There have been a number of times when UConn is on the road, particularly in AAC conference play when UConn recruits turn up behind their bench. But specifically to the question of Boston, I would be very surprised at this late date, after completing all of her official visits, that she is still mulling over her decision. Assuming that she has made her decision, asking UConn for a complementary pass would be somewhat questionable if she intends to go somewhere else. I guarantee you that Geno, his coaches as well as many of the players who all know her were chatting with her before, during and after the game. But you never know, maybe next week, Aliyah will have a press conference and put on a Buckeye hat. If that happens, I will certainly be eating a healthy portion of crow.
We certainly wouldn't want premature celebration.

View attachment 36257

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why can't I copy and paste GIF's anymore? Moderators? Anyone?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Og, I admire your persistence in attempting to shoot holes through my argument. I know Boston is a key recruit for ND as she is for UConn. But the basketball gods just rewarded ND with the one championship they're supposed to earn every 10 years or so on the strength of two buzzer beaters. It's time for UConn to reassert control over WBB by securing, Boston, Jones, Bueckers, Fudd, etc. In another 10 years or so, I'm perfectly fine with ND winning another championship. ;)

In order to "reassert control" all UConn needs is five straight #1 recruits plus assorted other top 5s, eh? Quite a modest request.

Reaction Score
I certainly don’t want to offend the “Mojo Gods,” but with Aliyah Boston showing up again yesterday for the 1st game of the season, just one week after her official visit, less than a week before the start of the early signing period and a trip home to St Thomas where she can watch the Huskies play 3 more times over Thanksgiving, is it too early to celebrate?

OK, I know it ain’t over til it’s over. But Aliyah has been to so many UConn games, I’m beginning to wonder if she doesn’t have season tickets.

It’s hard to overstate just how important Aliyah is to the future of UConn WBB. The top post in the class of 2019, living an hour away from Storrs is just about a must have for the Huskies. While I’ve been calling Aliyah a lock for over a year, like every other BY’er, I get a little uneasy from time to time. Hopefully we will all receive very good news very soon.

Excellent question! A lot to ponder. I'm basically a : don't count your chickens guy. With this team and with these potential Huskies--I get VERY optimistic.

Reaction Score
We are in the WCBB dead period now. No one from Geno's program should be having face to face contact with recruits or their parents or watching their games. Here's a link to the NCAA WCBB recruiting calendar for those interested in reading more: http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018-19DIREC_WomensBasketballRecruitingCalendar_20180828.pdf
This is an excellent example to : Don't just read the first sentence.
We are in a Dead Zone with recruits? If I stopped there I would have thought for the next few years Uconn couldn't get a decent recruit. Just proves reading it fully is FUNdamental! Thanks.

Reaction Score
There have been a number of times when UConn is on the road, particularly in AAC conference play when UConn recruits turn up behind their bench. But specifically to the question of Boston, I would be very surprised at this late date, after completing all of her official visits, that she is still mulling over her decision. Assuming that she has made her decision, asking UConn for a complementary pass would be somewhat questionable if she intends to go somewhere else. I guarantee you that Geno, his coaches as well as many of the players who all know her were chatting with her before, during and after the game. But you never know, maybe next week, Aliyah will have a press conference and put on a Buckeye hat. If that happens, I will certainly be eating a healthy portion of crow.
Unless the kid is whishy washie, i.e is too fickle to make up her mind and hold it, highly doubtful, her decision was made long before today or the Ohio Game--that was to get the feel of being a true UConn kid. Am I right? My lifetime wrong to right decisions box score is 55/10/35 (the 10 is when I couldn't or wouldn't make a decision.

Reaction Score
No, no celebrating. And don't offend those Mojo gods.

But

me-likey-.jpg
OH Meyers7 I fear for you: Ye shall have no false gods before me! (I'll say a very little prayer for you--said).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom